Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Dear Seniores could you please make it clear for me what time should I come to the new imm. office for normal TR visa extension? I remember the times i came just before their launchbreak (in old one) and there were very few people in the queue so I could easily collect my passport fast enow just after the launchbreak.

Is all the same now? Or something has been changed?

Thank you very much

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so i am heading into the office to do my 1 yr extension with my wife , next week , so how is that now ? i have heard that they only give 20 per day (( and you have to be there like 4 30 am . just like the old office , any changes or up dates on this ? we are doing it early because my wife tried to do her on line 90 day report and was rejected. no reason given. so our extension ends in nov 18 , so if we go early will she still have to file 90 day hers is due oct 21 . so anyone know how the process works there now ?

Yes, you will have to go early for an extension to your visa, just like the Airport office.

The 90-day report is separate, but very easy. No nee to get there early. 09.00 AM will get you in and out in an hour or so.

You don't need to get to Imm. Prom quite at 4:30 am -- 6 am would be just fine to get one of the 20 queue cards for a retirement extension for the day. They don't pass them out until 8:30 am vs. 7 am at the old office.

Yes, the 90 day reports do move quickly and arrival sometime before 10 am is going to be just fine.

Dear Seniores could you please make it clear for me what time should I come to the new imm. office for normal TR visa extension? I remember the times i came just before their launchbreak (in old one) and there were very few people in the queue so I could easily collect my passport fast enow just after the launchbreak.

Is all the same now? Or something has been changed?

Thank you very much

Now you have to go to the new office at Promenada to do a tourist visa extension. While the queue isn't as limited as the one for the retirement extensions, I don't think you can count on waltzing in at 11:30 am and having your passport returned at 1:30 pm. It would be better to come shortly before they open at 8:30 am and get in the queue at opening. If you don't get one of the first queue cards, ask how long it will be until you will be seen. If they say an hour or so, then you can go to the restaurant at Rim Ping Supermarket where they have many nice breakfast options for under 100 baht, starting at 8 am. The breakfasts are so good, I almost look forward to going out to Imm. Prom. early.

Is there any possibility the on line appointments will start again? If not, I can see that I'll be paying an extra 3,000 baht as don't want to be qing at 4am.

Is it really necessary to queue up at 4 am for retirement extension of stay?

Is there any possibility the on line appointments will start again? If not, I can see that I'll be paying an extra 3,000 baht as don't want to be qing at 4am.

Is it really necessary to queue up at 4 am for retirement extension of stay?

See post #32 from Nancy... it's only just a few lines up from your own post whistling.gif

Only asking; has anyone that has arrived at immigration for their 90 day or yearly extension visa during the witching hours before they open, experienced people pushing in the queue, not meaning the agency staff?

well it may be same as at the old one airport , you all ways have the few who try to cut in line . or jump in front who show up late . but its not to bad as far as i know

Only asking; has anyone that has arrived at immigration for their 90 day or yearly extension visa during the witching hours before they open, experienced people pushing in the queue, not meaning the agency staff?

well it may be same as at the old one airport , you all ways have the few who try to cut in line . or jump in front who show up late . but its not to bad as far as i know

I've been at Imm. Prom. maybe five or six times at the time they open and pass out the queue numbers and I haven't observed the bad behavior that you saw at the old office. Probably because they have the queues for the various services clearly marked and pass out the queue cards for the less popular services first -- starting with 90 day reports, tourist visas, re-entry permits, etc which clears out all the extraneous bodies and just leaves the people who are competing for the coveted 20 retirement visa queue cards. Then they carefully check passports before they pass out the queue cards to be sure someone really is eligible to apply for a retirement extension on that day.

So, it isn't the mad rush into the door, grabbing a queue card as you entered, like you had at the old office. It's much more orderly, methodical and reasoned. I did witness one situation where someone back in the queue complained loudly that he'd actually arrived earlier but found the gate to Promenada's car park closed, but he deserved to be up front. He was going on and on and finally someone with a low queue number offered to switch queue cards with him. Bravo! It doesn't make any difference if you're No. 2 or No. 9 -- you're all stuck out there until 1:30 or 2 pm to wait for your signed passport to be returned. At least the guy who gave up queue card No. 2 was able to go enjoy a nice breakfast at Rim Ping.

I've been at Imm. Prom. maybe five or six times at the time they open and pass out the queue numbers and I haven't observed the bad behavior that you saw at the old office. Probably because they have the queues for the various services clearly marked and pass out the queue cards for the less popular services first -- starting with 90 day reports, tourist visas, re-entry permits, etc which clears out all the extraneous bodies and just leaves the people who are competing for the coveted 20 retirement visa queue cards. Then they carefully check passports before they pass out the queue cards to be sure someone really is eligible to apply for a retirement extension on that day.

So, it isn't the mad rush into the door, grabbing a queue card as you entered, like you had at the old office. It's much more orderly, methodical and reasoned. I did witness one situation where someone back in the queue complained loudly that he'd actually arrived earlier but found the gate to Promenada's car park closed, but he deserved to be up front. He was going on and on and finally someone with a low queue number offered to switch queue cards with him. Bravo! It doesn't make any difference if you're No. 2 or No. 9 -- you're all stuck out there until 1:30 or 2 pm to wait for your signed passport to be returned. At least the guy who gave up queue card No. 2 was able to go enjoy a nice breakfast at Rim Ping.

Thank you for answering my post.

Far as I remember there is no "gate" at Promenada, just the usual barrier on wheels that you can push to one side and go on in.

As I recall the person in question didn't want to get out of his car and move the "gate" aside, so he went to a 7-11 and hung out for time. Meanwhile, I came in a tuk-tuk, pushed the gate opened and the rest is history. Some people are just more willing to test authority than others.

(Yeesh -- the gate is on wheels.)

I feel obliged to use the services of an agent - waiting for n hrs - no thank you.

This year CNX I/O seek a TM 28 or TM 30 or both.

I still fail to understand this aspect although I have had communication with an agent.

I own a condo in CNX - vacant - up for sale - have a yellow book.

In Fang, MIL owns the land & wife owns the house. Wife states that my name cannot appear on the house-book until the condo is sold - per Amphur Office advice.

I/O @ Fang has accepted the document supplied & now I do 90 day reports there.

Am I confused? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I feel obliged to use the services of an agent - waiting for n hrs - no thank you.

I still fail to understand this aspect although I have had communication with an agent.

In Fang, MIL owns the land & wife owns the house. Wife states that my name cannot appear on the house-book until the condo is sold - per Amphur Office advice.

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

How many years have you been doing your retirement extension?

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

music is a bit dreary.

What would you prefer?

Kylie Minogue singing "I should be so lucky"?

after the first minute, I was expecting the "Funeral March". Or maybe the good ol' song. "why are we waiting....?"

Or the great Monty Python's :"Always look on the bright side of life....te boom te boom...."

You must be applying for the marriage one. The single one has not changed. There are rumors of proof of residency but apparently that is a hit or miss thing. Depending on the Officer. I always have one but have never been asked for one.

Have heard some pretty weird stories about the marriage ones.

This year they have kicked it up a cog ie place of residence - TM28/TM30

The TM28/TM30 have been required for longer than you have been extending your visa. The good news is that once they are properly filed, you can get a "yellow Book". from the Amphur. This is a painless procedure and not at all expensive. This will establish your "residence" to everyone, including the Immigration Service.

I apply as "single" - retirement visa extension - B800k in Thai bank.

Now I am very confused.

Once that I secured and maintained my "Yellow Book" in good order, I have never been asked for proof of residency at the Immigration office during the visa extension for Retirement.

How many years have you been doing your retirement extension?

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

3 First time straightforward, no extras. Second time, had to go to bank to get bankbook updated on the day, third time, had to provide proof of residence. Nowhere was it written in THEIR OWN list of requirements that such was required.

Because they invent things to ask for means that none of us knows exactly what is required when we go.

Now they apparently want TM 28 and 30. One has reported having to bring an official from their area.

Just because you have been lucky doesn't mean everyone is so fortunate.

Where did you go for yours?

The TM28/TM30 have been required for longer than you have been extending your visa. The good news is that once they are properly filed, you can get a "yellow Book". from the Amphur. This is a painless procedure and not at all expensive. This will establish your "residence" to everyone, including the Immigration Service.

I have NEVER seen mention of TM 28/30 being required before, and NEVER had to provide such myself.

I believe that not everyone can obtain yellow book.

I have NEVER seen mention of TM 28/30 being required before, and NEVER had to provide such myself.

I believe that not everyone can obtain yellow book.

Yes. everyone can

Archived