Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

This year they have kicked it up a cog ie place of residence - TM28/TM30

The TM28/TM30 have been required for longer than you have been extending your visa. The good news is that once they are properly filed, you can get a "yellow Book". from the Amphur. This is a painless procedure and not at all expensive. This will establish your "residence" to everyone, including the Immigration Service.

I have NEVER seen mention of TM 28/30 being required before, and NEVER had to provide such myself.

I believe that not everyone can obtain yellow book.

Yes. everyone can

You are wrong, "Thaibeachlovers" is correct..

I have tried 3 times at the Kweng in Nong Hoi without success. the head man kept moving the goal posts.

I am here on a retirement visa (extension) since 2010, have a Thai wife, we bought a house, we built a house, complied with his his requirements but they kept changing.

We saw him issuing yellow books to Farang Condo owners, helped by their selling agent, so my wife approached the agent and the head man.

He finally said that if we had children he would issue me with a yellow book...at 72 years old !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

How many years have you been doing your retirement extension?

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

3 First time straightforward, no extras. Second time, had to go to bank to get bankbook updated on the day, third time, had to provide proof of residence. Nowhere was it written in THEIR OWN list of requirements that such was required.

Because they invent things to ask for means that none of us knows exactly what is required when we go.

Now they apparently want TM 28 and 30. One has reported having to bring an official from their area.

Just because you have been lucky doesn't mean everyone is so fortunate.

Where did you go for yours?

I have never used the bank deposit system but even I know that your letter from the bank is supposed to match your bank book. It only makes sense. You can go in get your letter one day and the next dy tak it all out. It is just a little stp to keep you honest.

Yes the proof of residence is a hit or miss thing. I see you have been here 8 years and were asked to comply with the banking system only once and the proof of residence only once. I hardly call that changing the system and new hoops every year.

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

3 First time straightforward, no extras. Second time, had to go to bank to get bankbook updated on the day, third time, had to provide proof of residence. Nowhere was it written in THEIR OWN list of requirements that such was required.

Because they invent things to ask for means that none of us knows exactly what is required when we go.

Now they apparently want TM 28 and 30. One has reported having to bring an official from their area.

All done at CM Immigration near the airport....however, I use the income letter method (from British Embassy)

Hopefully everything will have been sorted out at Promenada by next June for my next extension...

I have never used the bank deposit system but even I know that your letter from the bank is supposed to match your bank book. It only makes sense. You can go in get your letter one day and the next dy tak it all out. It is just a little stp to keep you honest.

Yes the proof of residence is a hit or miss thing. I see you have been here 8 years and were asked to comply with the banking system only once and the proof of residence only once. I hardly call that changing the system and new hoops every year.

What if the bank gave earned income between the time of the bank letter and the Immigration appointment? What if the person got the letter one day, made his Immigration appointment the same day, then went to the bank and emptied the account? I have Thai bank books that haven't been updated in years. That does not change the balance today. I don't use those at Immigration either.

How do you know how long this person has been here?

In my opinion, asking for the bank book and the letter to match does not prove anything. How long the person has been here is not relevence on "changing the system". The system could change without that person being here - and it has.

Personally, I don't have a problem with "the system".

Extension of retirement visa - AIRPORT branch?

Retirement Extension of stay done for four years at the Immigration Office located near Chiang Mai Airport...you remember...where we used to go before they moved to Promenada Mall...

Extension of retirement visa - AIRPORT branch?

Retirement Extension of stay done for four years at the Immigration Office located near Chiang Mai Airport...you remember...where we used to go before they moved to Promenada Mall...

EXTREMELY SURPRISED!

But, I like it TOO much!

Have other members achieved this dream?

What if the bank gave earned income between the time of the bank letter and the Immigration appointment? What if the person got the letter one day, made his Immigration appointment the same day, then went to the bank and emptied the account? I have Thai bank books that haven't been updated in years. That does not change the balance today. I don't use those at Immigration either.

How do you know how long this person has been here?

In my opinion, asking for the bank book and the letter to match does not prove anything. How long the person has been here is not relevence on "changing the system". The system could change without that person being here - and it has.

Personally, I don't have a problem with "the system".

You can check on his home page. I believe he came here in 2008. Just go into the bank the day you come in and make sure they match. I believe your letter can only be three days old. Not sure on that. Plenty of ways to cheat the system.

I just report what many have posted. The had two different figures and had to go back and make them match. Thai immigration doesn't give a hoot about your opinion or my opinion.

You can check on his home page. I believe he came here in 2008. Just go into the bank the day you come in and make sure they match. I believe your letter can only be three days old. Not sure on that. Plenty of ways to cheat the system.

I just report what many have posted. The had two different figures and had to go back and make them match. Thai immigration doesn't give a hoot about your opinion or my opinion.

Regarding his home page: if you are talking about his member page for ThaiVisa, yours says 2013. Is that correct? My point is unless you know this person you cannot tell on ThaiVisa unless they post it.

My point on the bank letter and the bank book matching is that it is not relevant. The letter from the bank verifies it as of the date stated on the letter. I am not trying to force my opinion on Immigration or anyone else. However, saying that because the bank letter and bank book match does nothing about preventing "cheating". This is different than it was in the not too distant past. They only asked me for the bank letter and a copy of the bank book and they didn't have to match.

Regarding his home page: if you are talking about his member page for ThaiVisa, yours says 2013. Is that correct? My point is unless you know this person you cannot tell on ThaiVisa unless they post it.

My point on the bank letter and the bank book matching is that it is not relevant. The letter from the bank verifies it as of the date stated on the letter. I am not trying to force my opinion on Immigration or anyone else. However, saying that because the bank letter and bank book match does nothing about preventing "cheating". This is different than it was in the not too distant past. They only asked me for the bank letter and a copy of the bank book and they didn't have to match.

"I just report what many have posted. The had two different figures and had to go back and make them match. Thai immigration doesn't give a hoot about your opinion or my opinion."

Telephoned a visa agent.

You would be the only one @ Airport re O-A extension application..

I suspect you misunderstood my post...

It was not a post for your information...

I was replying to "thebeachlovers" question as to where I had done my extensions without problems. I answered "At CM Immigration near the airport".

Which I did for 4 years until June this year. Then immigration moved to Promenada for for extensions.

I was not saying that I will be going to the office near the airport, but that I did go there for 4 extensions.

So, what are the problems for expats @ Promenada & what can I do to avoid them?

Fang -- as I asked a few posts ago -- aren't you going in soon for your retirement extension? Haven't you decided to use an agent? You keep asking the same questions over and over, for what seems like several months. Surely you've have time to sit down and have a good read of the previous thread about Promenada and this one, too.

As they say in the Nike ads -- just do it!

(I, for one, am waiting with bated breath for what I'm hoping will be a detailed report of your experience in obtaining your retirement extension.)

So, what are the problems for expats @ Promenada & what can I do to avoid them?

Fang -- as I asked a few posts ago -- aren't you going in soon for your retirement extension? Haven't you decided to use an agent? You keep asking the same questions over and over, for what seems like several months. Surely you've have time to sit down and have a good read of the previous thread about Promenada and this one, too.

As they say in the Nike ads -- just do it!

(I, for one, am waiting with bated breath for what I'm hoping will be a detailed report of your experience in obtaining your retirement extension.)

(I, for one, am waiting with bated breath for what I'm hoping will be a detailed report of your experience in obtaining your retirement extension.) clap2.gif

On Tuesday went for my 90 day report at the Mall. From the time I left my house until I returned it took one hour, already had my paper work filled out upon arrival info desk checked everything and handed me 108. I went in and set down they were takeing care of 98,99,100, they called people up in threes present thepaper work process it and out you go. I arrived a bit after 1300 hours

I feel obliged to use the services of an agent - waiting for n hrs - no thank you.

This year CNX I/O seek a TM 28 or TM 30 or both.

I still fail to understand this aspect although I have had communication with an agent.

I own a condo in CNX - vacant - up for sale - have a yellow book.

In Fang, MIL owns the land & wife owns the house. Wife states that my name cannot appear on the house-book until the condo is sold - per Amphur Office advice.

I/O @ Fang has accepted the document supplied & now I do 90 day reports there.

Am I confused? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

ok tell us what hoops, I have been applying for 5 years and every year it has been the same until last year. I moved and took a copy of my lease agreement and that was fine. I have never been aske for anything other that what is required and I furnished the lease agreement. I have never been treated in a way that would make me think I wasn't welcome in Thailand Which is actuallya very old lament.

I see you have been here 8 years

LOL. I have been coming to Thailand a lot longer than that, but only wanted extensions 3 times so far and 2nd and 3rd time more hoops, ie 100% of the times more hoops. It does help if you have the correct facts.

You can go in get your letter one day and the next dy tak it all out. It is just a little stp to keep you honest.

Sorry but that is silly. My 800,000 baht never leaves the account, ie it is in a lot longer than the required 3 months. I get the letter within the previous 7 days as required, and if I took the money out one day before the extension SO WHAT? It's required to prove I can support myself while in LOS, not so the immigration officers can play games by making things harder.

So what's with the "honest"?

ok tell us what hoops, I have been applying for 5 years and every year it has been the same until last year. I moved and took a copy of my lease agreement and that was fine. I have never been aske for anything other that what is required and I furnished the lease agreement. I have never been treated in a way that would make me think I wasn't welcome in Thailand Which is actuallya very old lament.

I agree here: applying for 10 years in CNX, never had any problem nor "hoops" rolleyes.gif

Oh!, and I've never felt "I wasn't welcome in Thailand" wai2.gif

I agree here: applying for 10 years in CNX, never had any problem nor "hoops" rolleyes.gif

Oh!, and I've never felt "I wasn't welcome in Thailand" wai2.gif

A little longer and no "hoops" here either. Perhaps "hoops" are reserved for selected persons?

I have had a very smooth re extension of O-A - retirement visa - or whatever the correct term is to date.

This year I am succumbing to the pressure. I am joining the expats who hire the services of a visa agent.

I resent it but that is the part of the price of being an expat.

I have had a very smooth re extension of O-A - retirement visa - or whatever the correct term is to date.

This year I am succumbing to the pressure. I am joining the expats who hire the services of a visa agent.

If they have indeed cancelled on line booking, I will be joining you. Not for me hanging around from 4am in hope of obtaining one of the few tickets.

I wonder though how they are able to do so many on the same day when only 20 appointments are possible?

Is there a requirement to provide proof of residence when using an agent- anyone?

On Tuesday went for my 90 day report at the Mall. From the time I left my house until I returned it took one hour, already had my paper work filled out upon arrival info desk checked everything and handed me 108. I went in and set down they were takeing care of 98,99,100, they called people up in threes present thepaper work process it and out you go. I arrived a bit after 1300 hours

I went after lunch too, but it does depend on how many turn up in the morning- tickets are limited.

do you know some agent do extension for you at the old immigration ? and how much for 60 day extension thai child

Any agent should do the job at either office ( several have been mentioned in the two threads ), though perhaps not the one next door to Prom Immigration. I have been told all extensions are 1900 baht, though others may tell you differently.

If they have indeed cancelled on line booking, I will be joining you. Not for me hanging around from 4am in hope of obtaining one of the few tickets.

I wonder though how they are able to do so many on the same day when only 20 appointments are possible?

Is there a requirement to provide proof of residence when using an agent- anyone?

Yes ts part of being an expat in CM, and only in Chiang Mai, and still no explanation why ???????????.Phuket,Hua Hin,Bangkok,Pattaya no hassle.CM is the chosen one.

A retirement extension,if correct paper work is provided, is a 10 minute exercise for an officer.I've previously done 7 of them.never took any longer.

You would think that some one on this forum has a contact in Immigation to get the real reason but dont hold your breath.

Maybe the visa agent sponsor could give us the drum.

Yes ts part of being an expat in CM, and only in Chiang Mai, and still no explanation why ???????????.Phuket,Hua Hin,Bangkok,Pattaya no hassle.CM is the chosen one.

A retirement extension,if correct paper work is provided, is a 10 minute exercise for an officer.I've previously done 7 of them.never took any longer.

You would think that some one on this forum has a contact in Immigation to get the real reason but dont hold your breath.

Maybe the visa agent sponsor could give us the drum.

My last one took less than 5 minutes and that was because another officer came over and talked to him for a minute. I think they are using the bar code now. Not sure about that. The big word in your response was IF I have seen them not ready quite often. On the other hand I went in two years ago and was told to come back at 3:00 I did and was given #60 When I got to the agent I asked him how they had done that many and he said there was a lot of people who had the paper work done correctly. Another time it took me 1/2 an hour. I had all my paper work but there was a different Lady sitting at the back desk and people kept coming up to her and asking questions and she went in to the boss office and talked to him for awhile.

I would like two hear some thing besides the same old drivel. Yes they only give out 20 queue numbers and they only go to the permission to stay retirement Visa holders unlike at the airport where they also went to others.

Does any one have experience doing their report after the 20 queue numbers are done if they are indeed all done. I have heard of one doing it. They were in there in the afternoon and no one was sitting at the officers desk except him They asked and he said sure. Has any one else had any luck after the 20 are done? I tried to get a number in the afternoon and did not get one even though it was 1:30 and they were on number 13. I have a hard time believing they just quit at number 20 if there is still an hour or so left.

NorthernJohn, I've already reported in the previous Imm. Prom thread about how a friend of mine was able to go into Imm. Prom on what she thought was simply a trial run to find the place and instead submit her documents at 2:30 pm when she saw the Imm. officer for retirement extensions sitting at his desk not doing anything. She had previously had her documents checked at the desk out front and everything was in order and she had just gone in the office to find the desk and tell him she'd be back in the morning. He said he could take the documents now, but she'd have to come back tomorrow afternoon for her passport with the approved extension.

She was OK with this because it meant she could take the free shuttle again to pick up her passport rather than paying a couple hundred baht for transport and showing up at zero-dark-thirty to get a queue number.

I think it helps to be elderly, female, and look like someone's kindly and slightly scatter-brained grandmother. (she's not scatter-brained, it's just something we older woman do as a bluffing technique)

you can do tourist visa extensions here, correct? and when do you suppose is the best time to come? early in the morning or afternoon when the place has cleared of many people. When do they stop taking visa extension applications?

and finally, i am reading people talking of agencies and tourist visas. does this mean i can pay an agent to get a new tourist visa for me?

Archived