Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Give NancyL a break and appreciate that someone is actually batting on your side.

Not my side!

This thread and the previous one shows that Nancy gets up early mornings for no other reason to hire a songteow (at her own expense) and go to immigration to see what the queue situation is. She talks to people, gathers and compiles information and then passes on that information to us - not a select group of people; The threads here are in the public domain and everybody can read what she posts, even people who are not members of ThaiVisa Forum.

Nobody is exempt from obtaining the information she provides, therefore we all benefit. She is not doing it for her own purposes, she is doing it to provide up to date information which has been of benefit to many people. Nobody can argue against the conclusion that Nancy is doing a splendid job of this and is definitely batting on all of our sides. She deserves kudos not negativity.

I managed a not for profit group for 13 years and part of my job was coordinating over 300 volunteers. I can say with honesty and experience that those volunteers who received continuous negative feedback from people they were offering a service to or trying to help got dejected and gave up. I saw it happen many times.

Nancy, you're being like a dog with a bone (in a totally good way) with this issue. On behalf of everyone reading this thread, thank you for all of the time and effort you are putting in. You're a star.

Speaking on behalf of myself, I think people should worship the ground NancyL walks on and I definitely have not made criticisms on anything the lady is doing on our behalf. I have only made some sensible suggestions that may help the cause. I don`t think anyone is an anti Nancy. Keeping in mind that what anyone does, there are always going to be know it all people that think they can do better.

On the otherhand, I don`t think other suggestions should be entirely ruled out and welcome any ideas that can be thrown into the hat.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to my both sweetheartssmile.png

lets be cool about the mess at the zoo,

the old timers,just hanging inbiggrin.png on their perches,clap2.gif

can tell u true tales, what we have experienced at renewing visas etc etc,at borders runs and legit too !!!!

and besidesbiggrin.png before the visa agents came on horizon, further tales, on how to extend your visas etc etc

without having a border run or a visit to the zoo etc etc , using a lovely place , to do so., was at tapae gatebiggrin.png

truly the mess at the zoo is a storm in a tea cup for a old codger like E/S

done it far tougher,then the present situation smile.png which ever way the flows go

a nice late evening to all my readersbiggrin.png

I think the problem is that not enough people have emailed their Embassies.

Have every one of the "regulars" on this thread done so already?

I am a "regular" on this thread...

...I am willing to email the British Embassy, however, I could only quote "hearsay", which is not information that the embassy could act on, (my extension is not due until July 2016) and I would suspect that a majority of "readers" are in the same situation.

Give NancyL a break and appreciate that someone is actually batting on your side.

Not my side!

This thread and the previous one shows that Nancy gets up early mornings for no other reason to hire a songteow (at her own expense) and go to immigration to see what the queue situation is. She talks to people, gathers and compiles information and then passes on that information to us - not a select group of people; The threads here are in the public domain and everybody can read what she posts, even people who are not members of ThaiVisa Forum.

Nobody is exempt from obtaining the information she provides, therefore we all benefit. She is not doing it for her own purposes, she is doing it to provide up to date information which has been of benefit to many people. Nobody can argue against the conclusion that Nancy is doing a splendid job of this and is definitely batting on all of our sides. She deserves kudos not negativity.

I managed a not for profit group for 13 years and part of my job was coordinating over 300 volunteers. I can say with honesty and experience that those volunteers who received continuous negative feedback from people they were offering a service to or trying to help got dejected and gave up. I saw it happen many times.

Nancy, you're being like a dog with a bone (in a totally good way) with this issue. On behalf of everyone reading this thread, thank you for all of the time and effort you are putting in. You're a star.

Oh my goodness, Koniini, I'm blushing.

For the record, most of the time I've never been able to find a song thaew willing to take be out to Imm. Prom. at zero dark stupid. It's always been either a tuk-tuk or sometimes, I don't know why, I can find a blue-and-yelllow cab out at that hour willing to take on a customer that didn't arrange by phone. Mostly tuk-tuks and believe me, my hair really suffers!

And also, I'm not just getting up early to write reports for ThaiVisa but also to report for the Consul/Embassies. We really need good, detailed, specific reports of conditions every week or so. For a time Assist Thai Visa was providing that information on this thread, but we haven't heard from them lately.

Why can't some of the rest of you get up early and go there to report what you're seeing with the retirement queue process? If you'd like I'll meet you there to show you what I look for. I next plan to be there this Thursday, November 19.

A Thai student from Chulalongkorn is working on a PhD thesis about why foreigners retire to Thailand and wanted to come to the CEC Breakfast Club on Friday, November 20 to pass out her questionnaires. I suggested she meet me at CM Imm Prom. at 6:30 am on Thurs, Nov. 19 first to have a chance to talk with "interview subjects" first. I said that after I got done witnessing the morning retirement queue check-in process, we could go talk about her thesis over breakfast and then maybe return in the early afternoon to see the G4T customers getting processed.

So, if anyone is thinking about going to Imm. Prom. for their retirement visa extension soon, this Thursday might be a nice day.

What I'm looking for are people who are willing to go to Imm. Prom maybe once every two weeks to observe and report. That's what I've been doing. If 5 or 6 of us do this, we should get a very good picture of what's going on.

Are some of you early risers, with your own transportation?

Speaking on behalf of myself, I think people should worship the ground NancyL walks on and I definitely have not made criticisms on anything the lady is doing on our behalf. I have only made some sensible suggestions that may help the cause. I don`t think anyone is an anti Nancy. Keeping in mind that what anyone does, there are always going to be know it all people that think they can do better.

On the otherhand, I don`t think other suggestions should be entirely ruled out and welcome any ideas that can be thrown into the hat.

No, the overwhelming majority of people here fully support Nancy, there is the odd one that seem to have a personal grudge judging by their previous posts. And you are correct; nobody, not even the lady herself would disagree that constructive criticism, suggestions and ideas are welcomed by all. It's just when the criticism is not constructive that it irks.

Went yesterday for 30 day extension of tourist visa (TM.7).

Arrived around 9 a.m., waited about 10 minutes in the queue, had all paperwork done from home.

But then I get a “sorry, your picture is too small”. Same size as I have used with previous applications (4x5cm).

My visa actually expired Sunday, I let the clerk know, and she tells me “no extra fee”, so at least that is good news.

I paid 200 baht to get a photo done next to immigration, this one was 4x6 cm and showed a little more of my shirt, but my head was actually smaller.

I gave the photo to the clerk (I had her accept my application w/o photo so I wouldn’t have to wait in line again).

She tells me I can wait inside, I ask if it’s OK to come back in a few hours and she says she’ll add me to the afternoon queue, so my application won’t be processed until after 1 p.m. which is fine by me, as then I can take a yoga class rather than sit on a chair and wait for my name to be called.

I came back 1:50 p.m. and ask if my name had been called. The answer was “yes, 3 times”. I am then told to sit while they process my application. Unsure why they hadn’t already processed it. Anyway, I wait about 5 minutes and then my name is called, and I got my passport back with new visa stamp.

Except for the new photo size requirements, experience was better than the old place, where I generally had to wait more than an hour to give them my paperwork, and then another hour for them to call my name.

And I did take the opportunity to get lunch at Promenade, buy groceries at Rimping, and also bought a pair of training trousers at some sporting gear shop.

I paid 200 baht to get a photo done next to immigration, this one was 4x6 cm and showed a little more of my shirt, but my head was actually smaller.

If you look at the TM7 where the info for the photo is it does say 4x6 though why in Thai only beats me.

Went yesterday for 30 day extension of tourist visa (TM.7).

Arrived around 9 a.m., waited about 10 minutes in the queue, had all paperwork done from home.

But then I get a “sorry, your picture is too small”. Same size as I have used with previous applications (4x5cm).

My visa actually expired Sunday, I let the clerk know, and she tells me “no extra fee”, so at least that is good news.

I gave the photo to the clerk (I had her accept my application w/o photo so I wouldn’t have to wait in line again).

She tells me I can wait inside, I ask if it’s OK to come back in a few hours and she says she’ll add me to the afternoon queue, so my application won’t be processed until after 1 p.m. which is fine by me, as then I can take a yoga class rather than sit on a chair and wait for my name to be called.

I came back 1:50 p.m. and ask if my name had been called. The answer was “yes, 3 times”. I am then told to sit while they process my application. Unsure why they hadn’t already processed it. Anyway, I wait about 5 minutes and then my name is called, and I got my passport back with new visa stamp.

Except for the new photo size requirements, experience was better than the old place, where I generally had to wait more than an hour to give them my paperwork, and then another hour for them to call my name.

And I did take the opportunity to get lunch at Promenade, buy groceries at Rimping, and also bought a pair of training trousers at some sporting gear shop.

thank you guys , i need to go there next week , so around 9 am it good , and you think you can finish before luch time ?

did they ask you for provide the rental paper from the owner where u stay or no ?

If you look at the TM7 where the info for the photo is it does say 4x6 though why in Thai only beats me.

They've always accepted passport sized photos, despite the 4x6 cm on the form. What the hell do they need a photo that big for?

thank you guys , i need to go there next week , so around 9 am it good , and you think you can finish before luch time ?

did they ask you for provide the rental paper from the owner where u stay or no ?

They open at 8.30 a.m. I suspect that if you arrive at opening time you will have to wait for all the people who arrived before 8.30 a.m. The queue was quite reasonable at 9 a.m. and this was on a Monday.

At the old place it normally took a total of 2-3 hours, I assume the new office is about the same, but as I got added to the afternoon queue and left, I didn’t actually do any real waiting.

And they did not ask for any rental agreement. What I give them is the filled out TM.7 form, copy of my passport (photo page + departure card), copy of my visa (in the passport) and a photo (which now must be 4×6 cm).

Each page should be signed and have your email plus phone number. For the TM.7 form I had added my email/phone number before printing the form, which made the clerk ask me to add it (again). I believe this has happened to me before, so should probably add this info in a handwritten font.

Was there today for a 30 days visa extension. Much improved over a few months ago. Whole process took about 1 hour, compared to 6 hours on the previous occasion. Seating was available indoors rather than outdoors, with a seating overflow area with (thai) TV.

Still lots of process improvements that could be made that would help to show better respect of foreigner's time but generally got a very positive impression of the staff - compassionate people with good humour doing their best to help the sometimes stressed and confused foreigners.

Was there today for a 30 days visa extension. Much improved over a few months ago. Whole process took about 1 hour, compared to 6 hours on the previous occasion. Seating was available indoors rather than outdoors, with a seating overflow area with (thai) TV.

Still lots of process improvements that could be made that would help to show better respect of foreigner's time but generally got a very positive impression of the staff - compassionate people with good humour doing their best to help the sometimes stressed and confused foreigners.

what time you arrived ?

I went to see where Immigration was

Used the free shuttle from the Impress Hotel

Quite a few people inside at 1 45

Also many outside there was a few people complaining also

1 was told to go to Gt next door

There was a sign for 90 day allfull it said it bad English at the outside desk

Went down to G4 there was about 10 to 15 people there

Only 1 person working in the office

Will try next month after Kings birthday Holiday to see what happens
For my first 90 day report

My contribution to the "Letters to the Editor" In the Bangkok daily newspaper (we can't mention)about the disgraceful state of affairs in CM Immigration was published today.

I didn't hold back nor did I exaggerate the situation.

I hope more people are making the effort to contact Media ,Ambassadors, Consulates and make a positive effort to effecting

change. Maybe someone in authority will actually read it and act.

They've always accepted passport sized photos, despite the 4x6 cm on the form. What the hell do they need a photo that big for?

200baht a shot at G4 perhaps?

I believe they meant the sign to read awful in an attempt to describe the current situation at CM immigration. One would think the ringleader of that circus would be embarrassed to oversee such poorly run department.

What is CNX I/O doing so inefficiently that people have a need to resort to use visa agents?

Is the Office the only one in the country with such an appalling reputation?

The answer to your second question is YES.I have ex colleagues and friends in Pattaya ,Hua Hin , Phuket

none are experiencing what goes on here.1 officer to proccess retirement extensions unless you pay an agent of course !

My contribution to the "Letters to the Editor" In the Bangkok daily newspaper (we can't mention)about the disgraceful state of affairs in CM Immigration was published today.

I hope more people are making the effort to contact Media ,Ambassadors, Consulates and make a positive effort to effecting

Any clues on how to find the relevant section on such a poorly designed website?

So "they" can get an extra 200 baht. It used to be 100 baht at the old Immigration office..sad.png

Between the Visa agent office, coffee shop, photocopy and photo service, somebody is coining it in, kerching...clap2.gif

Any clues on how to find the relevant section on such a poorly designed website?

Yes scroll right to the end and you will see under NEWS AND BUSINESS "opinions" in there under POST BAG (ie leters to the Editor

Sometimes they highlight "Post Bag" at the main news section. Anyway someones reading it, in the hard copy on the Editorial page, friend just rang to ask me was I "real" about the 4am start.

This is not the Prom. but a heads up about the old office, went today at 8:45 to tranfer visa and extension of stay stamps from old PP to new PP and was informed, "no more numbers today come back tomorrow" .... as I am out of patience with Imm. I said no, you will do it today.. it must be done today. This overloaded the brain of the girl at the counter so she stuck a finger in her nose, all I could think to say (in Thai) at that moment was, "do not put your finger in you nose, it is dirty and impolite, please get an officer for me to talk to" she scurried off, returned to say, come back after lunch. After this is done i will turn all the papers and forms over to an agent. Hopefully i will have my new PP with a new extension stamp before the weekend. This is the second time this month i have had to be forceful and a bit rude to get my way at Imm. but in the end they win, I am paying an agent.

Surely this must suggest something to us Retirees!

With the cancellation of online appointments only 20 tickets being issued daily including agents which is as we all know is totally inadequate and the seemingly lack of any progress on behalf of the appropriate authorities it's patently obvious we're being fairly strongly channeled into an agent only situation from which I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

One has to admire and be grateful for the tireless information being gathered by NancyL let's really hope it's not all in vain!!

You could do yourself and all of us a favour by using the post office to do the report. smile.png

You could do yourself and all of us a favour by using the post office to do the report. smile.png

WHY

That is what Immigration One Stop is For

This is defeating the purpose of Immigration

Archived