Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Was at Prom 10.15am today. Many seated inside, quite a few more at the side tradesmens entrance, a few out front and a few more at the "help" desk.

-

Seemed to still only be one female officer doing retirement visas, I believe 2 doing 90 days (That makes no sense in itself.) 2 officers "sitting at reentry" desk,no customers. 2 on tourist visa desk and other officers at other desks.

Staffing did not seem to be problem, allocation of resources seems to be the problem.

We left after 5 minutes,10.20am, having completed what we had to do at the first desk on the left as you enter the front door,just walked in and immediately dealt with, staffed by an officer and I think a junior. as the officer signed off our receipts and she completed the paperwork.

So for the ultimate in speed and efficiency,no fees,no ticket or appointment required - go and change your address!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid 200 baht to get a photo done next to immigration, this one was 4x6 cm and showed a little more of my shirt, but my head was actually smaller.

If you look at the TM7 where the info for the photo is it does say 4x6 though why in Thai only beats me.

They've always accepted passport sized photos, despite the 4x6 cm on the form. What the hell do they need a photo that big for?

I recently had my 4 by 5 photo rejected at Promenada, had to use the service out there to get the 4 by 6.

Went for my 90 Day report today,

Arrived 11:15, given ticket number 109, told to return in the afternoon.

Returned at 1pm, my number called at 1:15, all done by 1:18, 2 officers processing applicants.

Retirement extension number 16 was called at 1:10, so the lady officer processed 15 in the morning, and only 5 in the afternoon ?

Sign now on desk outside informing photo must be 4x6.

TV in waiting area showing long advert for the Promenada

I paid 200 baht to get a photo done next to immigration, this one was 4x6 cm and showed a little more of my shirt, but my head was actually smaller.

If you look at the TM7 where the info for the photo is it does say 4x6 though why in Thai only beats me.

They've always accepted passport sized photos, despite the 4x6 cm on the form. What the hell do they need a photo that big for?

I recently had my 4 by 5 photo rejected at Promenada, had to use the service out there to get the 4 by 6.

More pointless bureaucracy - they take your photo digitally whistling.gif

I called G4T Nov 17 for info on extension of stay. Was told to arrive by 11:30 and get PP back about 1:30. I am not getting in line at 5:30am for retirement ext and since no more online Q G4T for me. Arrived 11:10 Nov 18 at 1:30 Imm. had a meeting. Signature authority delayed. Picture inside Imm and PP returned 3:30, good for another year. When I arrived I also asked Imm if they any slots for ext, of course not. Of note G4T wanted a signed copy of every used PP page. Hope online Q comes back, 3000baht for what amounts to a Q number.

I went to see where Immigration was

Used the free shuttle from the Impress Hotel

Quite a few people inside at 1 45

Also many outside there was a few people complaining also

1 was told to go to Gt next door

There was a sign for 90 day allfull it said it bad English at the outside desk

Went down to G4 there was about 10 to 15 people there

Only 1 person working in the office

Will try next month after Kings birthday Holiday to see what happens

For my first 90 day report

You could do yourself and all of us a favour by using the post office to do the report. smile.png

WHY

That is what Immigration One Stop is For

This is defeating the purpose of Immigration

That`s the problem, no one knows what is the purpose of immigration at the moment? As was in the past, the 90 day report should be a mere formality if set up correctly.

I think the One Stop should more aptly be called, No Go.

No, A large amount of money is being made by G4T company and its shareholders

​Just 10 retirement extensions per day = 10 x 3000BAHT - 30000BAHT X 5 D/W - 150,000 BAHT

​Just taking the 10 from the q system gives you approx. $20,000 pm and that's the very minimum

Was at Prom 10.15am today. Many seated inside, quite a few more at the side tradesmens entrance, a few out front and a few more at the "help" desk.

-

Seemed to still only be one female officer doing retirement visas, I believe 2 doing 90 days (That makes no sense in itself.) 2 officers "sitting at reentry" desk,no customers. 2 on tourist visa desk and other officers at other desks.

Staffing did not seem to be problem, allocation of resources seems to be the problem.

We left after 5 minutes,10.20am, having completed what we had to do at the first desk on the left as you enter the front door,just walked in and immediately dealt with, staffed by an officer and I think a junior. as the officer signed off our receipts and she completed the paperwork.

So for the ultimate in speed and efficiency,no fees,no ticket or appointment required - go and change your address!

Now there is a statement that hit's the nail on the head. Bravo!

No, A large amount of money is being made by G4T company and its shareholders

​Just 10 retirement extensions per day = 10 x 3000BAHT - 30000BAHT X 5 D/W - 150,000 BAHT

​Just taking the 10 from the q system gives you approx. $20,000 pm and that's the very minimum

This is why people need to get pro active and make a noise in writing to Consulates, Media etc,exposing the scams and how about 500 baht for the residence letter which goes to CM Immigration,without a receipt.

30 x 500b ,15,000 baht a day....... 75,000 baht a week....the place is a gold mine. I've done my letters to newspapers (published) Consulate ,Australian Ambassador please join me.

You could do yourself and all of us a favour by using the post office to do the report. smile.png

I read one post that Imm won't accept postal request from someone living in Chiang Mai city, only from those outside the area. Don't know if that's true.

I read one post that Imm won't accept postal request from someone living in Chiang Mai city, only from those outside the area. Don't know if that's true.

Not correct. It was when immigration at airport Imm were trying to get people to go Prom to pay a fee, a few people kicked up and that was dropped.

Still a nice cash cow out there though.

I called G4T Nov 17 for info on extension of stay. Was told to arrive by 11:30 and get PP back about 1:30. I am not getting in line at 5:30am for retirement ext and since no more online Q G4T for me. Arrived 11:10 Nov 18 at 1:30 Imm. had a meeting. Signature authority delayed. Picture inside Imm and PP returned 3:30, good for another year. When I arrived I also asked Imm if they any slots for ext, of course not. Of note G4T wanted a signed copy of every used PP page. Hope online Q comes back, 3000baht for what amounts to a Q number.

Did you go to the G4T office next to the copy shop at Imm. Prom? on 18 Nov?

It's very odd. I was at Imm. Prom this morning, 19 Nov and the G4T office next to Imm. Prom is dark, with all the office equipment, signs, fixtures, everything -- removed. Just some furniture still there.

I asked at the copy shop "where is G4T?" They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Switched to Thai. "Visa agent next door. G4T. Closed today. Where are they now?" Answer was "don't know" with big round eyes and look of fear from all three employees in the room.

I asked the same question at the Information desk outside Imm. Prom. Two of the three college students were genuinely clueless, with no fear. The third said "they moved". When I asked "where?" she suggested I should go inside and ask the Immigration Officers.

I returned home and just called the mobile phone number of "Best" one of the English speaking agents with G4T who had been eager to help my husband with a visa extension a few weeks ago. The phone was answered "Hello". I asked if this is G4T and the phone was handed to someone else. I could hear noise in the background that sounded like the Prom. Imm. office. The conversation with the second person went something like:

Me: Is this G4T visa agency?

Lady: Why do you want to know?

Me: Well, your office moved and I want to know where to find it

Lady: Who told you it moved?

Me: Students at information desk in front of Immigration office. So, where is the new office?

Lady: Who wants to know?

Me: My name is Nancy

Lady: Someone will call you back in 10 minutes

Yeah, sure.

Perhaps Sparkles' letter getting published yesterday in the Bangkok paper that we can't quote had an immediate effect.

I noticed on another thread that an agent said they do not agree with the "fact" that people are being pushed towards agents under the current appalling immigration situation.

It would be interesting to see the figures of the various agencies since the new improved one stop venue at Prom was opened. At least one has seen their business go from zero to skywards, I am guessing there has been a substantial roll over benefit to the others?

Also, today at Imm. Prom. they were prepared to distribute more than 20 queue tickets for retirement extensions. When the two officers came to the head of the line and started looking over the documents at the start of business, one of them craned her neck and saw that there were a few more than twenty people, send a text message and got a more queue tickets out of her pocket. It looked like she had maybe 24 in her hand. They only needed 21, though, because several people didn't have their documents in order and were turned away.

So, today, if you arrived as late as 8:30 am and joined the queue for retirement extensions, you would have received a queue ticket.

I don't know if the fact that they knew I was watching had anything to do with the text message being sent and a few extra queue tickets suddenly being produced. (I'm probably overestimating my importance.)

It's very odd. I was at Imm. Prom this morning, 19 Nov and the G4T office next to Imm. Prom is dark, with all the office equipment, signs, fixtures, everything -- removed. Just some furniture still there.

I asked at the copy shop "where is G4T?" They acted like they didn't know what I was talked about. Switched to Thai. "Visa agent next door. G4T. Closed today. Where are they now?" Answer was "don't know" with big round eyes and look of fear from all three employees in the room.

I asked the same question at the Information desk outside Imm. Prom. Two of the three college students were genuinely clueless, with no fear. The third said "they moved". When I asked "where?" she suggested I should go inside and ask the Immigration Officers.

I returned home and just called the mobile phone number of "Best" one of the English speaking agents with G4T who had been eager to help my husband with a visa extension a few weeks ago. The phone was answered "Hello". I asked if this is G4T and the phone was handed to someone else. I could hear noise in the background that sounded like the Prom. Imm. office. The conversation with the second person went something like:

Me: Students at information desk in front of Immigration office. So, where is the new office?

Yeah, sure.

Perhaps Sparkles' letter getting published yesterday in the Bangkok paper that we can't quote had an immediate effect.

Nancy, same thing happened a few weeks back,signs removed,closed for one day, I posted but the thread was closed as I related it to another incident that may or may not have been hearsay.

There has to be enormous pressure out there at the moment and maybe simply backing off again?

Also, today at Imm. Prom. they were prepared to distribute more than 20 queue tickets for retirement extensions. When the two officers came to the head of the line and started looking over the documents at the start of business, one of them craned her neck and saw that there were a few more than twenty people, send a text message and got a more queue tickets out of her pocket. It looked like she had maybe 24 in her hand. They only needed 21, though, because several people didn't have their documents in order and were turned away.

So, today, if you arrived as late as 8:30 am and joined the queue for retirement extensions, you would have received a queue ticket.

I don't know if the fact that they knew I was watching had anything to do with the text message being sent and a few extra queue tickets suddenly being produced. (I'm probably overestimating my importance.)

Maybe some reluctant flexibility and understanding is starting to appear albeit in small increments....................maybe an initial small step in the right direction?

Would be interesting knowing what has "caused" this adjustment and also what G4T are up to and or their background?

Had a little talk with my agent today... ... i told her straight out that people were "suspicious" of the situation and she was surprisingly candid.... use you imagination.

Good work Nancy. .... was there today also, que lines well marked, uniformed officers out in the crowd assisting people.

The fact that the G4T office was "closed" for 1 day a few weeks ago and also yesterday, suggests to me that maybe some big brass was making an inspection, and the placed was "cleaned" for the day. It will be very interesting to see if they reappear, or if they resurface elsewhere.

Very interesting about the G4T situation. I just hope it results in a better system for the poor b..*&%%&ds having to wait for hours on end - especially for the older and/or infirm folks.

I admit that I'm still dreading my next visit to Immi - even though there's still nearly 10 months until THAT happens. After the chaos of my last visit, "moving" to CR or Pattaya for a short spell may still be on the cards. It would be a dream to be able to avoid CM Promenada Immi........rolleyes.gif

My first visit to Promenada for retirement extension .. I will not name the agent I used....see why later in this report

The agent had arranged for an afternoon appointment at 2 PM.

Took me some time to find the Immigration departments. There was about 100-150 people milling about.

I was surprised that the office was larger then I had expected,noticed that it seemed well signed for each requirement,although the Tannoy system was not good .

Looked into the 'notorious' G4 office,they seemed busy with perhaps 1 dozen people in there.

At my appointed time my agent took me to the 'retirement desk where my papers were scrutinised...all ok

My agent then handed money to the immigration guy....now I was not partricularly inspecting this transaction,but it appeared to me that more then the 1900 baht was handed over.It seemed like there were 3 x1000 baht notes,but I could well be mistaken.

To conclude the interview my papers were handed to another guy who also took my photograph.

I was pleased with this experience.My agent did what was needed.but the delay in getting my passport back was annoying.and I dont see why the person who'S job it is,could not be present

I could see that given time, the Promenada Immigration set-up could be acceptable to most.

Incidentaly I wandered into Rimping afterwards and found Rabbit !! Not seen that anywhere else and hav'nt had a rabbit stew for ages.

Very interesting about the G4T situation. I just hope it results in a better system for the poor b..*&%%&ds having to wait for hours on end - especially for the older and/or infirm folks.

I admit that I'm still dreading my next visit to Immi - even though there's still nearly 10 months until THAT happens. After the chaos of my last visit, "moving" to CR or Pattaya for a short spell may still be on the cards. It would be a dream to be able to avoid CM Promenada Immi........rolleyes.gif

And that's really the crux of it. A daylight visit to Imm should be no more than a temporary inconvenience, and after doing some shopping and maybe taking some refreshment, the visa is renewed for one more year. If other Imm offices in Thailand can manage a good service, so should CNX.

I would like to think that, following the BP article, plus Nancy's report above, the spotlight has focused on this particular office. What concerns me more, is the swift 'denial' that any visa shop existed should a bigwig arrive for an inspection visit - thus discrediting the BP complaint.

Duplicity at play?

I asked at the copy shop "where is G4T?" They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Switched to Thai. "Visa agent next door. G4T. Closed today. Where are they now?" Answer was "don't know" with big round eyes and look of fear from all three employees in the room.

Yeah, sure.

Did inquisitive minds just hit a nerve??? whistling.gif I'm thinking maybe.

I don't believe in coincidences. I think Sparkles letter in the BP generated some disquiet in BKK, and CNX Imm were warned to get their house in order before allegations of corruption were rifled about. Possibly also pressured by 'genuine' visa agents, not the G4T CNX officials' lackeys.

Another easy little earner discredited. My remaining concern is how many 'retirement' processing officers will be made available to handle c.30 applications a day. Or was it a ruse by CNX to convince BKK that more resource is needed? Knowing how Thailand officialism ticks, it wouldn't surprise me.

Whatever, CNX Imm cannot 'return' to their old ways now complaints are being heard. (Hopefully.)

Archived