Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Personally, I hope the G4T folks are not gone for good. The government fees are not going to change, of course, but if G4T can get me the same, legitimate extension and charge me a lower fee than the other agents, they are the ones that get my business. That is one of the fundamental tenets of capitalism. If part of that fee is used to "grease the wheels" a bit, it is not my problem. To paraphrase Otto van Bismarck, "deals in Thailand are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."

For what G4T was charging, I would rather pay them once a year and sleep later.

David

I received this in the mail today. I have no reason to think he would lie.

"Change in location. Residence Certificates are now handled by "G4T". They are located 2 shops to the left of the

Promenada Immigration Office (next to the copy shop). I personally verified this on Nov 6 (I went to Immigration)."

How does that work in with what is being reported here now?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I hope the G4T folks are not gone for good. The government fees are not going to change, of course, but if G4T can get me the same, legitimate extension and charge me a lower fee than the other agents, they are the ones that get my business. That is one of the fundamental tenets of capitalism. If part of that fee is used to "grease the wheels" a bit, it is not my problem. To paraphrase Otto van Bismarck, "deals in Thailand are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."

David

"Change in location. Residence Certificates are now handled by "G4T". They are located 2 shops to the left of the

Promenada Immigration Office (next to the copy shop). I personally verified this on Nov 6 (I went to Immigration)."

The mailer probably went out a few days ago and November 6 is donkey's years ago based on the speed with which things change at Imm.

David

David

If immigration decided to lay on some more staff that would give us at least a fighting chance of being dealt with all in one day but not from the witching hours, may be from 8.00. am for 30 applicants even if it mean`t hanging about in a yard for hours and hours and also announce that the GT4 was a part of immigration and offering a fast track service for a price, I would welcome that. I think a lot of people would use GT4 and make the situation into an even balance.

I am not bothered about a GT4 type agency being cheaper then the other agencies, because I would rather deal with the devil I know and knowing who it belongs to.

At least it would give everyone a fair crack of the whip, either be prepared to hang around for hours or pay and be given priority slots in the system, there would be choices. In those circumstances I would prefer to use an agency.

David

What The

If this is true Immigration do have something to answer to

Bangkok Immigration need to investigate

David

If immigration decided to lay on some more staff that would give us at least a fighting chance of being dealt with all in one day but not from the witching hours, may be from 8.00. am for 30 applicants even if it mean`t hanging about in a yard for hours and hours and also announce that the GT4 was a part of immigration and offering a fast track service for a price, I would welcome that. I think a lot of people would use GT4 and make the situation into an even balance.

I am not bothered about a GT4 type agency being cheaper then the other agencies, because I would rather deal with the devil I know and knowing who it belongs to.

At least it would give everyone a fair crack of the whip, either be prepared to hang around for hours or pay and be given priority slots in the system, there would be choices. In those circumstances I would prefer to use an agency.

All this we be interesting to see what happens within the nest few days or when ever

Will there be more changes in the wind

Or will it just be ships passing in the night

Only time will tell now

R

David

Consolidating receipt less income through one source perhaps?

Anyway, as pointed out way behind the times and what may be happening now.

Looks like Immigration just got more clever about hiding G4T and has made it a hush-hush service. According to this report on another thread, it was still operating yesterday: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871571-assist-thai-visa-service-here-to-help/?p=10098006

We need another report or two for verification. Anyone going to be at Imm. Prom. soon and able to check if G4T (in a plain brown wrapper) is still in operation?

Obviously, I'm known to everyone from the copy shop people to the head of Imm. so they're not going to tell me anything and if I did something outrageous like said I needed a Certificate of Residency, they'd probably give me one for free with no waiting.

They keep changing their policies-now for 90 day I have to go to Promenada-I get different stories about online -can anyone help me ?

The 3 options for 90 day reporting have not changed.

1. In person or via a proxy at Promenada (can be done 15 days before to 7 days after expiration)

2. Online (doesn't work for everyone but should at least try it) Can only be done 7-15 days before expiration)

3. Mail-in (Normally should be sent in 15 days before but members reported success with much shorter periods)

My guess is also that the head of immigration (all of immigration) in Bangkok does not read the English newspapers (although he might on occasion), and instead reads the Thai papers. Even if this one letter was brought to his attention (for some reason) I am sure he'd just grunt ("uhh...") and that would be the end of that.

I know everyone thinks this letter was some sort of toe in the door, but it's already forgotten if even noticed.

You've made a great point here - I have (shamefully) never even wondered if there is Thai broadsheet newspaper section. I imagine there would have to be. Connda suggests a translation, but perhaps a different letter would be best. I have a language block, I only speak English and pantomime as I have tried since being at school and failed miserably to learn another language, but a steady stream of letters to the editor of Thai newspapers, perhaps written by Thai husbands and wives concerned at the treatment their spouse is receiving, could be effective. Expanding there, employers and employees would be better, although working visas are probably not affected to the same extent.

Another great point is that it's already today's fish and chip wrapping. A slow and steady stream of letters to the BP and perhaps the Nation would work better than a big pile arriving one day. We'll see how this pans out in the next few days; a followup letter from someone else noting the changes as soon as the original letter appeared then reporting business as usual would be best, and I'll put my hand up to writing it, but it has to be a coordinated attack to be of any use. Maybe enough of these will generate some interest from the media to investigate.

Anyone with PR skills here? In my opinion a followup should be in a week or two, but I'm no PR expert, and timing could be everything.

Looks like Immigration just got more clever about hiding G4T and has made it a hush-hush service. According to this report on another thread, it was still operating yesterday: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871571-assist-thai-visa-service-here-to-help/?p=10098006

We need another report or two for verification. Anyone going to be at Imm. Prom. soon and able to check if G4T (in a plain brown wrapper) is still in operation?

Obviously, I'm known to everyone from the copy shop people to the head of Imm. so they're not going to tell me anything and if I did something outrageous like said I needed a Certificate of Residency, they'd probably give me one for free with no waiting.

Yes, well stated since we are not permitted by forum rules to discuss who owns G4T.

The phrase "conflict of interest" comes to mind. But that's just my falang rule set interfering with what's what in LoS.

In my opinion too many foreigners think a Western style fix will solve a Thai problem. I think this is a big misunderstanding of how things work in Thailand.

There was much talk about "fixing" the way things were done at the old location..... now it seems people are more unhappy with the "fix".

There was and is a way to voice concerns and complaints with and about Immigration....... Most posters are not even thinking of that avenue. There was a wholesale change at Chiang Mai Immigration office some years ago. It was not brought about, contrary to one person's thought that his letter changed things, by the Thai Immigration way of voicing concerns.

GIven that backhanders for want of a better term are common in Thailand are we not missing the mark if a sense of achievement is seen in closing/moving G4T. It seems lke this is a distraction to the lack of progress on actually changing Immi. All that is happened now is there is one less option (G4T) and no improvement. Other agents have "relations with Immi, perhpas not as close, are they next for the chop?

For all the fanfare what has been achieved, a business limited and no improvement with Immi. Has this led to the much dreamed of comparable service with other Immi offices?

Trumpeting the "success" with G4T is a smoke and mirrors action to excuse the very real failure to imrove Immi....and now we have one less option to use, and G4T clients now cloggng up the Immi office taking more time with their queries and incomplete paperwork. Surely this must add to overall processing times?

Which agent is next?

And once again.....I liked G4T.

GIven that backhanders for want of a better term are common in Thailand are we not missing the mark if a sense of achievement is seen in closing/moving G4T. It seems lke this is a distraction to the lack of progress on actually changing Immi. All that is happened now is there is one less option (G4T) and no improvement. Other agents have "relations with Immi, perhpas not as close, are they next for the chop?

For all the fanfare what has been achieved, a business limited and no improvement with Immi. Has this led to the much dreamed of comparable service with other Immi offices?

Trumpeting the "success" with G4T is a smoke and mirrors action to excuse the very real failure to imrove Immi....and now we have one less option to use, and G4T clients now cloggng up the Immi office taking more time with their queries and incomplete paperwork. Surely this must add to overall processing times?

Which agent is next?

You are right G4 was the cheapest

No agent is next They were set up to get us used to agents

Now we drive all of Chiang Mia to go other agent Same Same but hard for us

Which agent is next?

Of course you like GT4 visa service. No need to worry about GT4 going anywhere. Whoever the owner is, (gee, I wonder who that is) they are very business savvy to have such an incredible location, be able to process expats quickly, and still do it much cheaper than all other visa services. There are a steady stream of expats being turned away daily by immigration, and GT4 is conveniently right there to help the expats for a modest fee.

Which agent is next?

G4T is cheaper than Thai Assist and OS Visa because it does not include 90 reporting. I believe that somebody posted that G4T want 1,000 baht for 90 reporting, so if you add 4,000 they are the same price, if not more... DYOR...

Response to Nancy L post 378. Yes I did my Extension(retirement) with G4T on 18 Nov. I hope this is fixed by next year. If I have to pay, G4T was not a bad option. Phone for G4T 090-321-5005. They also had a large stack of Resd Cert waiting to be picked up, 500Baht.

Which agent is next?

G4T is cheaper than Thai Assist and OS Visa because it does not include 90 reporting. I believe that somebody posted that G4T want 1,000 baht for 90 reporting, so if you add 4,000 they are the same price, if not more... DYOR...

They are Cheaper 500 for 90 day pay as needed Can pay 3900 only for yearly

Archived