Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The objective of all us​ is to have CNX immigration due their jobs properly, and that is, when we attend CNX Immigration we should be seen in normal working hours, in a reasonable amount of time.

If we cannot be seen that day CNX Immigration should give you an appointment for the next day

We should consignment Agents (unless needed), and early morning queue's (4am) to the HISTORY BOOKS

Other Expat's in Thailand are not having the issues with Immigration in their area's

If CNX Immigration are doing the job we do not need agents

My goal wasn't to shut down G4T. My goal is to improve the service level for retirees.

• More than one immigration officer processing retirement extensions
  • Supervisor on-site to approve applications, rather than sending passports to old office or waiting for supervisor to arrive to sign off
  • Return of an improved, enlarged on-line queue or even a phone-in queue reservation system (why does it have to tie-in with the national system?)
  • Lighted queue number sign so you can determine which number is being served
  • Understandable announcements on the public address system
  • ALL visa agents -- including G4T -- have to get queue tickets, or an on-line appointment

That's it!

In my opinion, there's nothing inherently "evil" with visa agents. They serve a very valuable purpose for folks who want their life made simple. Heck, as president of CEC, I talk and trade emails with many wannabe retirees who ask about retirement visas. There are some people who just don't "get it" when you explain about the financial justification (800,000 baht bank account or 65,000 baht income), re-entry permits, 90 day reports, etc. They don't want to be bothered in figuring out the details. Those folks should go see the visa agents, rather than expecting an Immigration official to help them fill out the TM7 and paste their photo on the form. Heck, you won't believe how many people don't even know their full correct address. I saw this during the pre-screening of documents for the CLL/CEC private session at on Saturday, September 26 at Immigration. People missed the back side of the TM 7 and then were asking me "what's a tambon" "what's an amphur" Gheez.

My goal wasn't to shut down G4T. My goal is to improve the service level for retirees.

• Supervisor on-site to approve applications, rather than sending passports to old office or waiting for supervisor to arrive to sign off
  • Return of an improved, enlarged on-line queue or even a phone-in queue reservation system (why does it have to tie-in with the national system?)
  • ALL visa agents -- including G4T -- have to get queue tickets, or an on-line appointment
That's it!

In my opinion, there's nothing inherently "evil" with visa agents. They serve a very valuable purpose for folks who want their life made simple. Heck, as president of CEC, I talk and trade emails with many wannabe retirees who ask about retirement visas. There are some people who just don't "get it" when you explain about the financial justification (800,000 baht bank account or 65,000 baht income), re-entry permits, 90 day reports, etc. They don't want to be bothered in figuring out the details. Those folks should go see the visa agents, rather than expecting an Immigration official to help them fill out the TM7 and paste their photo on the form. Heck, you won't believe how many people don't even know their full correct address. I saw this during the pre-screening of documents for the CLL/CEC private session at on Saturday, September 26 at Immigration. People missed the back side of the TM 7 and then were asking me "what's a tambon" "what's an amphur" Gheez.

Agree with most of what you said apart from the agents having to get tickets or online appointments,all that will happen is that they will monopolise the queues and the online reservation. Not sure what the answer is there but you know whatever system there is will be abused. Maybe a daily allocation for agents, the remainder, and the bulk of the appointments for those queuing and using,please, the online reservation system.

Visa agents should be an OPTION for those who want to use them, not as a last resort to simply fulfill your obligation as an expat...

If G4T (what does that even stand for?) had to dodge and weave, one has to wink and nod as to why.... wink.png

edit -- The online system seems good, but I tried it many times, at the stroke of the clock for various days and the slots were always full, always. It was such that I thought the system must have been broken. Of course some were lucky to get a slot (ebay practice?), but in the main, it's like trying to win the $100 gift certificate from the truck detailers on KSTAR radio by being the 12th caller.

Since you have to renew at the point where you first got your visa, it should be feasible to organize a date or narrow time frame for people to renew at the time they get their visa. I mean how many people need to renew their retirement visa on, say, December 1st?

"Your renewal is up on Dec. 1st 2016, so you need to make an appointment now. Let's see, we have many slots open from Nov. 23 to the 30th. Which day would you like?" Of course you will have cancelations and those who wish to move the time, but in fact, we are talking about retired people. What? You have a bridge game that day? Come on. Immigration could make that work, I know I could.

By the way, someone mentioned a survey before. These forum software platforms have a feature for users to open a poll as the header of a thread. This feature must be disabled for us folks. I for one would like to see it activated; I can think of a number of interesting polls.

The objective of all us​ is to have CNX immigration due their jobs properly, and that is, when we attend CNX Immigration we should be seen in normal working hours, in a reasonable amount of time.

If we cannot be seen that day CNX Immigration should give you an appointment for the next day

We should consignment Agents (unless needed), and early morning queue's (4am) to the HISTORY BOOKS

Other Expat's in Thailand are not having the issues with Immigration in their area's

If CNX Immigration are doing the job we do not need agents

Exactly. And worth repeating. I'm perfectly capable of getting my paperwork in order, so I don't want any agent and I don't want to pay 3000 baht or more to override a pathetic service.

By the way, someone mentioned a survey before. These forum software platforms have a feature for users to open a poll as the header of a thread. This feature must be disabled for us folks. I for one would like to see it activated; I can think of a number of interesting polls.

The poll works fine for any member. Just start a topic and to the right will be an option Manage Topic Poll. That's it.

Nancy,

I agree with you Visa Agents should be an option, some people do need help/assistance

With respect to queue's, I think ideally we should not need them if CNX I/O do their jobs, just think as in other parts of Thailand, people just turn up at Immigration as needed

If that was the case, no issues with Visa Agents and queue's, you just go to I/O

I also do appreciate the hard work you put in to make life easier / better for us expats

Thank you

nice post old gal biggrin.png

apart from the visa agents (last line)

reputable visa agents, such as assist thai and o/s thai visa have played a vital role in soaking up the massive overflow, due to the alien invasion here in c/mai etc etc

why try to down grade their INVALUABLE services as your last line suggests???? when they are assisting the alien community????and the zoo too????

let them continue in the same sucessful vein,,without putting the boot insmile.png and leave aliens to decide personally which way to go,D.I.Y or visa agent

good luck with the rest u will need it, , big time

That's it!

Agree with most of what you said apart from the agents having to get tickets or online appointments,all that will happen is that they will monopolise the queues and the online reservation. Not sure what the answer is there but you know whatever system there is will be abused. Maybe a daily allocation for agents, the remainder, and the bulk of the appointments for those queuing and using,please, the online reservation system.

I kind of go along with you there. I used the Visa agent next door. It took 5 minutes of the officers time and would have been faster if another officer had not come over and asked a question. Had I not used him It would more than likely taken 15 minutes. It was great to hear Nancy talk about the number of people who are not prepared. Or have made a mistake. Such as I had when I forgot to sign one place. The girls out side said every thing was OK. The Girl at G4T pointed it out to me right away. I am sure the officer inside is aware of the girls out front lack of accuracy.

As for the daily allocation of agents. It would help to know how many requests they are processing each day. As is it would be more beneficial for those who want to do it them selves if more were done by agents. You do not want a system that makes it longer to get in to see the officer.

We are only getting a part of the story here. At the old premises when every one went there they had two officers and were still sending people home. There they had about 50 a day. What is happening there. Out of that 50 10 were by an on line appointment system 1 out of 5 is not what a call a good system. In other words the main change has been some are here and some are there and some are still being told to go home and come back tomorrow. They had 2 officers there now they have one at each place. Not really a lot of difference.

Also how many are being processed by the Japanese community. Now that I think about it I can not recall a Japanese in the line. I am sure there were but apparently a lot of them banded together some how and paid a little bit extra to circumvent the long waiting lines. Hopefully Nancy is on top of that. From what I heard it was a success the one time she was allowed to do it.

Response to Nancy L post 378. Yes I did my Extension(retirement) with G4T on 18 Nov. I hope this is fixed by next year. If I have to pay, G4T was not a bad option. Phone for G4T 090-321-5005. They also had a large stack of Resd Cert waiting to be picked up, 500Baht.

Have I spotted an unintended error here? The residence certificate, at 500 baht (ignoring altogether the fact that it should be free) is the same price as it was before there was an agent involved. Perhaps not incriminating, but it certainly wouldn't pass any sniff test.

I find myself wondering if a brash and clumsy approach is normal and not objected to by the majority of Thai's. The way this whole thing panned out, of course there was going to be headshaking and even outrage - from farangs who are unused to this kind of thing happening in full view. Are Thai's subjected to this kind of not bothering to even try and hide it approach and accepting of it?

Serious question.

We are only getting a part of the story here. At the old premises when every one went there they had two officers and were still sending people home. There they had about 50 a day. What is happening there. Out of that 50 10 were by an on line appointment system 1 out of 5 is not what a call a good system. In other words the main change has been some are here and some are there and some are still being told to go home and come back tomorrow. They had 2 officers there now they have one at each place. Not really a lot of difference.

Also how many are being processed by the Japanese community. Now that I think about it I can not recall a Japanese in the line. I am sure there were but apparently a lot of them banded together some how and paid a little bit extra to circumvent the long waiting lines. Hopefully Nancy is on top of that. From what I heard it was a success the one time she was allowed to do it.

Not meaning to correct your statement northernjohn but just adding to the information bank something I have not seen mentioned in the thread.

When I attended my online appointment at the airport in 2013 and 2014 there were two officers processing 'day tickets' for retirement in the main office but the online appointments were processed by a third officer in the rear office. One time I was processed by a uniformed officer the other not uniformed. So at those two times they actually had three doing retirements and they kept online and daily tickets separate. This year at Promenada when I attended in September there was just the one [guy I hadn't seen before and very rude] and when I was called in the guy who had the next queue number actually came to challenge me at the desk as he thought I was cutting in and he had been waiting for hours. The officer very curtly demanded that he go outside and wait until called. As a side issue: the counter-signing officer was at his desk doing very little but they still made everybody wait a long time for their passports; he only started to look at them when he had a stack. I am glad to hear it seems to have improved a little but the attitude then was appalling and very disrespectful.

Not meaning to correct your statement northernjohn but just adding to the information bank something I have not seen mentioned in the thread.

When I attended my online appointment at the airport in 2013 and 2014 there were two officers processing 'day tickets' for retirement in the main office but the online appointments were processed by a third officer in the rear office. One time I was processed by a uniformed officer the other not uniformed. So at those two times they actually had three doing retirements and they kept online and daily tickets separate. This year at Promenada when I attended in September there was just the one [guy I hadn't seen before and very rude] and when I was called in the guy who had the next queue number actually came to challenge me at the desk as he thought I was cutting in and he had been waiting for hours. The officer very curtly demanded that he go outside and wait until called. As a side issue: the counter-signing officer was at his desk doing very little but they still made everybody wait a long time for their passports; he only started to look at them when he had a stack. I am glad to hear it seems to have improved a little but the attitude then was appalling and very disrespectful.

You are correct there were 3 officers at the old office, exactly as you explained.I had online bookings since it began and was taken to the very back room last year.

A year later with the infux of yet more retirees the staff has been reduced, that is the crux of the problem.

As I have said many times before for someone to process an applicant is a simply clerical function and the ability to communicate in English.

So why dont they do it ?????

Caperfriend / Northjohn,

My wife and I went to the I/O in September to renew our retirement extension, and our comments about the IM Officer are exactly the same as yours

Not polite and very rude

The guy who did the re-entry permit was worse, he more or less throw our documents at us

NO UNDERSTANDING OF "SERVICE'

Caperfriend / Northjohn,

My wife and I went to the I/O in September to renew our retirement extension, and our comments about the IM Officer are exactly the same as yours

Not polite and very rude

The guy who did the re-entry permit was worse, he more or less throw our documents at us

Did my extension on Wed., there were 2 officers side by side, a woman that was being polite and friendly to the customer to my left I got a dude that did not even look up when handed the docs. I said good morning to him, no reply, no eye contact... checked everything then motioned me to move to the camera seat. .... strange.

Anybody done a 90 day report recently?

Just wondering what time to show up, not as early as I did for retirement visa last month I hope?

Should have gone postal I know, but I didn't so gotta show up!!

Please let us know how you went

I have to go just after the KINGS Birthday Holiday

I got a dude that did not even look up when handed the docs. I said good morning to him, no reply, no eye contact... checked everything then motioned me to move to the camera seat. .... strange.

Sounds like the guy I got. Guess he missed the attitude adjustment training camp.

I mentioned several days ago that the consumer protection may be of some help and or complaints to the

hotline for BIB complaints may be another avenue to approach.

Today I sent a complaint to consumer protection via e mail and it does have a complaint for service, lack of or bad, as you go thru the sequence of filing your complaint. I was promised a response from them as to findings, within 10 days. A reference number to check progress on their investigation was given and the entire system worked as it appeared to be designed to and all in English language.

If and when I get a response I will let the form know.

If G4 is out of business why others allowed to operate

They were cheaper maybe the others paid G4 to close

We will never know

This done by many Business in Anerica

The others are now happy less to share.

If it was a private business, I assume that it's the option of the business owner to stay in business or quit.

However, I'd love to know who the actual owner of G4T is. In the US, that would be publicly available knowledge. Not so sure here.

This is amazing! Can you point to any other Immigration office in Thailand that has similar problems in providing a decent level of customer service?

I've been hanging around Imm. Prom quite a bit and last time was with a PhD student from Chula who is working on a thesis where she has visited Imm. offices in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin etc and seen how retirees are served. She says the one in Pattaya is model of efficiency. I think I need to do a little road trip to Pattaya and not for the usual reasons that people go there.

She and I reviewed some interesting statistics for various offices around the country.

Anyway, the more I'm learning about this, the more I realize they probably could have stayed at the old office, if they'd moved everything to an on-line queue system, similar to what's used by the U.S. Consulate for ALL their business. In other words, keep the cars and bodies moving in and out of the real estate quickly.

Caperfriend / Northjohn,

Not polite and very rude

Perhaps the new batch of Immigration Officers were sent the USA to get their 'Customer Service' training from the TSA. rolleyes.gif

I'm planning to move to CM so no problem for me yet but might it not be better to split this between different type of interests for example retirement 90 day visa extensions etc say 4-5 sections to save wading through 30+ pages of posts to glean info you may want

This is amazing! Can you point to any other Immigration office in Thailand that has similar problems in providing a decent level of customer service?

I've been hanging around Imm. Prom quite a bit and last time was with a PhD student from Chula who is working on a thesis where she has visited Imm. offices in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin etc and seen how retirees are served. She says the one in Pattaya is model of efficiency. I think I need to do a little road trip to Pattaya and not for the usual reasons that people go there.

She and I reviewed some interesting statistics for various offices around the country.

Anyway, the more I'm learning about this, the more I realize they probably could have stayed at the old office, if they'd moved everything to an on-line queue system, similar to what's used by the U.S. Consulate for ALL their business. In other words, keep the cars and bodies moving in and out of the real estate quickly.

I can`t point out how other immigration offices work, don`t have the experience not having used them and why I asked to hear of other people`s experiences first hand with other offices.

Please understand, although I`m not sure who you are, I am grateful for all you are doing, love you to bits for it and very grateful, only that the present situation scares me a little, having set up home with my Thai girlfriend and thrown a lot of money into a life in Chiang Mai and having serious regrets about, not the girlfriend, but Chiang Mai. This is my logic although I know being logical doesn`t amount for much in Thailand and we are not dealing with logical people but arrogant government bureaucracy. If it means having to pay an extra 3000 baht peace of mind or else suffer money at this GT4 agency to grab a one year retirement extension, I don`t think that`s a hard ship. People still have the choice of trying their luck at immigration although I know it sucks.

Now that the present situation has been almost clarified, meaning it falls well below a reasonable service, I think it needs a step back for the present. I agree that fact finding how other immigration areas are coping and how they operate is a good idea. If fighting a battle, better to have some ammunition and armed with something and not go in there with nothing but your stand alone observations and comments made on these forums that may be true or not true to make our case, although I know most of them are fact.

Archived