Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

There are more than 3 agents in town, but generally here, only 3 are talked about.

Two of these have been highly recommended herein, the one on Chiangmailand Rd.,

and the other, Osthaivisa, between Thanons Sirimagalajarn and Nimman.

The latter one is headed by Khun Pom and Khun Lalydar, with their ikewise excellent staff.

Mentioning this lest the best get lost in the shuffle since there has been some innuendo about some unidentifed agency.

Yes a friend of mine went through a different agent. Than the three talked about. It was not Star Visa either. He paid 3,000 baht to get a right to work in Thailand. Not sure what he had as he was and is married to a Thai lady. He was constantly leaving the country on the job he had. Now he has just the one job here in Thailand. G4T could not have done it from him. But they make no claim to. They are mainly for the extensions and reentry permits. They make no claims for other things. As any one who has used them can tell you they are very professional. They make sure your paper work is all in order and your picture is the right size and get you in to have your picture taken the same as any of the other services do only cheaper.

Disclaimer I am in no way connected to them other than as a user of their very good service. If it was not them I would not hesitate to go to Thai Assist on Chiang Mai Land road. They to do excellent work and can do the trickier ones. Just a cost difference of 2,500 baht. But I can walk to them.

As for Osthaivisa They too to the best of my knowledge are as good as G4T in the simpler things. For more complicated things I have heard less than a glowing report and am always suspicious when some one can not explain any thing with out a bunch of superlatives.

Hang on a secong John

You forgot that now you have to go to G4t for the Residence Certificate at 500 baht

Before it was free or pay them 500 baht for quick

Sorry about being padantic

But when making a quote like yuo did

You have to advise all there sevices

Just my 2 cents worth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not really there will always more people doing their own extension than who go to a agent"

Less by the day.

This business did not exist 4 months ago and is now coining it and growing rapidly I would say objective achieved?

I`m with you all the way, What`s the solution then? Because I am not prepared to arrive at a time when most people are asleep and hang about in a back yard or waiting room for hours and hours and hours, stressing that no one is jumping the queue, guarding my place, scared to move in case my name is being called, praying I`ll manage to get done on the day and not have to repeat the process on another day, stressing that they haven`t made changes to the paperwork requirements, going home fed up, ill, exhausted and suffering from an acute case of Promenadaphobia.

People that are using or going to use agents are not all doing this out of first choice, but caught up between the devil and the deep blue sea and I am not prepared to stick my neck out and <deleted> up my stay in Chiang Mai.

So far I have kept this polite and now getting straight to the point, a Miss Marple on the job and bitching in the posts will not solve these issues. We need proper representation by people that know how to negotiate the Thai way otherwise hanging about the Promenada taking notes and photos, calling for unofficial actions, attacking the system and making crude comments will only wind the situation up.

Yes, visa agents serve a valuable purpose -- a much broader purpose than merely jumping the queue. That's all you're buying with that 3000 fee to G4T.

I have no connection with any of the visa agents but I believe you're being a bit unfair with your characterizations. If/when I use a visa agent for a retirement extension, what I'm buying is the same with any of them - the right to let them handle it and, at most, my obligation to go out to Immigration at a given time for a photo or whatever (versus going out there at 5-7 in the morning, hoping to get a queue number at 8:30, and then hanging around for 5-8 hours).

But if I can spend 3000 baht with the one outfit versus 5000-8000 baht with the others, I'd consider that a plus too. As to whether or how one outfit jumps the queue, I don't really care and I'm doubtful any of us can affect that practice.

As to saying there would be more queue numbers given out if GT4 didn't exist, that's not supported by the very information you've provided (that, now, everybody that shows up by 8:30 gets a queue number). I can see, however, how people with queue numbers would be delayed by queue jumpers and I'd agree with your suggestion of unfairness there.

"Not really there will always more people doing their own extension than who go to a agent"

Less by the day.

This business did not exist 4 months ago and is now coining it and growing rapidly I would say objective achieved?

I`m with you all the way, What`s the solution then? Because I am not prepared to arrive at a time when most people are asleep and hang about in a back yard or waiting room for hours and hours and hours, stressing that no one is jumping the queue, guarding my place, scared to move in case my name is being called, praying I`ll manage to get done on the day and not have to repeat the process on another day, stressing that they haven`t made changes to the paperwork requirements, going home fed up, ill, exhausted and suffering from an acute case of Promenadaphobia.

People that are using or going to use agents are not all doing this out of first choice, but caught up between the devil and the deep blue sea and I am not prepared to stick my neck out and <deleted> up my stay in Chiang Mai.

So far I have kept this polite and now getting straight to the point, a Miss Marple on the job and bitching in the posts will not solve these issues. We need proper representation by people that know how to negotiate the Thai way otherwise hanging about the Promenada taking notes and photos, calling for unofficial actions, attacking the system and making crude comments will only wind the situation up.

Obviously you ahve not been reading the whole posts here and else where

The Japanese Expats Club had a system going

Then the Chiang Mai Expats club were invited to join

Then came a meeting with Immigration that was cancelled

Then all communication and the Japanese system stopped

Then came the G4t Agency

So who know what is going on with Immigration

We can only draw our own conclusions

I hope this has clarified some of your concearns

Poor Nancy must be worn out her fingers

All the replys she has had to do

Plus i have had to repost many times

because people have not read all the posts on this Forum Post

We are being victimised in the Chiang Mai Immigration

For what reason no one knows

Compared to other immigration offices within Thailand

With pics, I am using the size as per the official application form. There is a rectangular box showing the required size.

As already posted on this and other threads, the box on the forms are probably not the correct size. The correct size in 4 cm x 6 cm and that is written on the form, but in Thai script. There have been reports that they have sent people to have new photos made at the copy shop next to Imm. when they submitted forms with photos the size of the box on the form, not 4 cm x 6 cm on blue background.

You've been warned.

I've been aware of the 4 x 6 cm photo requirement (through this thread, so thanks!) BUT now I see that is has to be ON A BLUE BACKGROUND - which I haven't seen mentioned before. Is this another NEW requirement or possibly just 'forgotten' information? Certainly not complaining - only asking!

Thanks

With pics, I am using the size as per the official application form. There is a rectangular box showing the required size.

As already posted on this and other threads, the box on the forms are probably not the correct size. The correct size in 4 cm x 6 cm and that is written on the form, but in Thai script. There have been reports that they have sent people to have new photos made at the copy shop next to Imm. when they submitted forms with photos the size of the box on the form, not 4 cm x 6 cm on blue background.

You've been warned.

I've been aware of the 4 x 6 cm photo requirement (through this thread, so thanks!) BUT now I see that is has to be ON A BLUE BACKGROUND - which I haven't seen mentioned before. Is this another NEW requirement or possibly just 'forgotten' information? Certainly not complaining - only asking!

Thanks

The colour of background will probably change daily, but, rest assured, the photoshop next door will have the necessary colour de jour...

You've been warned.

Thanks

The colour of background will probably change daily, but, rest assured, the photoshop next door will have the necessary colour de jour...

I'll just print a set with red, one with white and one with blue backgrounds. One of them should work. But then there is the what shade of blue. Perhaps just bring my tablet with a portable printer. biggrin.png

So what was the "or else" associated with NancyL if you were to continue to spy on immigration?

Actually i would like to see what Immigration would do

I think they could have more than Egg on there face

Maybe a few people might get transferred to Southern Thailand

That would wake them up

I think that we can all speculate what would happen, but those wishing to remain resident here will refrain from commenting on it as I'm quite certain that this forum, or at least this thread, is being quietly monitored. The use of archaic flowery language is an amusing but perhaps sensible thought.

Nancy has stuck her neck out a lot more than most people would when it comes to getting under the skin of an authority that will have influence over her future plans, and I totally understand and support her decision not to go back to Promenada.

There are more than 3 agents in town, but generally here, only 3 are talked about.

Two of these have been highly recommended herein, the one on Chiangmailand Rd.,

and the other, Osthaivisa, between Thanons Sirimagalajarn and Nimman.

The latter one is headed by Khun Pom and Khun Lalydar, with their ikewise excellent staff.

Mentioning this lest the best get lost in the shuffle since there has been some innuendo about some unidentifed agency.

Yes a friend of mine went through a different agent. Than the three talked about. It was not Star Visa either. He paid 3,000 baht to get a right to work in Thailand. Not sure what he had as he was and is married to a Thai lady. He was constantly leaving the country on the job he had. Now he has just the one job here in Thailand. G4T could not have done it from him. But they make no claim to. They are mainly for the extensions and reentry permits. They make no claims for other things. As any one who has used them can tell you they are very professional. They make sure your paper work is all in order and your picture is the right size and get you in to have your picture taken the same as any of the other services do only cheaper.

Disclaimer I am in no way connected to them other than as a user of their very good service. If it was not them I would not hesitate to go to Thai Assist on Chiang Mai Land road. They to do excellent work and can do the trickier ones. Just a cost difference of 2,500 baht. But I can walk to them.

As for Osthaivisa They too to the best of my knowledge are as good as G4T in the simpler things. For more complicated things I have heard less than a glowing report and am always suspicious when some one can not explain any thing with out a bunch of superlatives.

Hang on a secong John

You forgot that now you have to go to G4t for the Residence Certificate at 500 baht

Before it was free or pay them 500 baht for quick

Sorry about being padantic

But when making a quote like yuo did

You have to advise all there sevices

Just my 2 cents worth

You are quite correct.

I had forgot that.sad.png

So had every one who said G4T had closed down.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Seriously how hard is it to fill in a form or two, get photos and photocopies. Do people seriously need an agent to do this?

I am not meaning to be rude but if people cannot do this how do they manage to organise their daily life.

I think they can do all these....probable reason is they do not want to Q at 4am and told to come back again for one reason of other...

I've "been told" I can't come out to watch myself.

What's that story? It's a public mall; you can stand outside their rental section with impunity, one would believe.

Not too familiar with "Thai law" but i think a mall is private property and Imm. may have jurisdiction over the area in front of the office.

As to Nancy's statement that we should not accept corruption, I think we all decided to accept corruption by simply stepping off the plane at swampy or Don Muang...

I support her efforts and see that she is an advocate for farangs on many fronts. ... I used an agent and spent money to save on stress, just as planned by Imm. I can afford it and they know that. A successful parasite does not kill it's host.

Would you not call that a worth while convience as well. Remember there were agents in Chiang Mai before this guy opened up. Whenthe on-line Q system comes back up lets see how the complaining on this site drops off

I don't think this site will be around that long. If there was a site about it there would be the usual posters bragging about how they planned ahead and got an appointment even though there was only 1 out of 5 applicants a day getting one.

Now if it was to be open to all that would be a different story. Also the possibility of not being able to see the officer at the appointed time due to the people in front of them wasting the officers time showing them how to fill it in and what to get copied. I am no good at paper work so I got a friend to help me fill my first one in then just made photo copies of it less the date. The same with my 90 day

Bottom line all we can do is make sure are paper work is correct and take several different size pictures along with scissors to cut one down if needs be. The rest is up to Immigration and being as it is only one province out of 66 I believe it is not high on their list. I see where the British Ambassador pissed the government off so not sure if they are interested in listening to him any more than the American one. Does any one know how many people these two represent? I know Nancy said they did 5,250 extensions last year. How many from each nationality. I know there are others besides those two. Japanese Australians and probably a few more.

It is all black and white up until now when they have started juggling the size of the picture around.

I have been lucky as the wife has several different sizes. The last time I went in the agent (G4T) just took one of the larger ones that I had always used and cut it down a little.

Talked to someone who was in the line with me yesterday he came a bit late when the numbers were handed out he would have been number 36 but there was only 35 numbers handed out yesterday. He says the lady who handed out the numbers was very apologetic about it and explained she only had 35 numbers too issue. Nancy that is the answer to one of your questions, what good it does you I have no idea. Lets remember they used two agents for years at the airport site and they also handled more than just retirement extensions. Last year a 3rd had been added who took care of the online Q reservation. About 15 or so peoplewere turned away yesterday.

Talked to someone who was in the line with me yesterday he came a bit late when the numbers were handed out he would have been number 36 but there was only 35 numbers handed out yesterday. He says the lady who handed out the numbers was very apologetic about it and explained she only had 35 numbers too issue. Nancy that is the answer to one of your questions, what good it does you I have no idea. Lets remember they used two agents for years at the airport site and they also handled more than just retirement extensions. Last year a 3rd had been added who took care of the online Q reservation. About 15 or so peoplewere turned away yesterday.

This is indeed very useful information, because Col. Rutjapong, the head of CM Imm. has told the Consuls that he will add more Imm. officers to process retirement extensions when there is sufficient demand. This was his story after the letter in the Bangkok Post. But, now that they think they aren't being watched, they think they can get away with turning people away.

There are people working on a "diplomatic" solution -- your Consuls. I was serving as their eyes and ears reporting what was actually happening. Now that I can't do that they have to rely on reports from customers.

Fifteen being turned away at opening is appalling. During the last two times that I observed, Nov 19 and Dec 1, they distributed 33 or 34 queue numbers, enough for everyone in the queue. Two officers processed extensions in the morning, working at a leisurely pace, but only one in the afternoon. They could have kept two working into the afternoon and gotten more done.

This is indeed very useful information, because Col. Rutjapong, the head of CM Imm. has told the Consuls that he will add more Imm. officers to process retirement extensions when there is sufficient demand. This was his story after the letter in the Bangkok Post. But, now that they think they aren't being watched, they think they can get away with turning people away.

There are people working on a "diplomatic" solution -- your Consuls. I was serving as their eyes and ears reporting what was actually happening. Now that I can't do that they have to rely on reports from customers.

Fifteen being turned away at opening is appalling. During the last two times that I observed, Nov 19 and Dec 1, they distributed 33 or 34 queue numbers, enough for everyone in the queue. Two officers processed extensions in the morning, working at a leisurely pace, but only one in the afternoon. They could have kept two working into the afternoon and gotten more done.

Nancy has hit the Nail On The Head

Now we can get a clear picture as what is actually happening

When i go to do my 90 day Report

I will try to gather as much information as possible

I will advise accordingly

We can only hope thing will get better

Rather than being telling lies to the Embassy and Consulates

I am not sure what Col. Rutjapong is trying to prove

I will leave that up to the readers of these posts

You've been warned.

Thanks

Background color change must be very new. I did my retirement extention on November 30th and used photos I had done at Central Airport with white background. No problem at all.

David

W

Is it reallya clear pitcure considering they were open only 2 days Tue and Wed. Closed today not sure about tomorrow. Holiday weeks have always been a bad time to go due to fewer days and more applicants.

W

Is it reallya clear pitcure considering they were open only 2 days Tue and Wed. Closed today not sure about tomorrow. Holiday weeks have always been a bad time to go due to fewer days and more applicants.

I made a call to a Visa Agent today

As they would know

Yes they are Open Tomorrow Friday

Now that I can't do that they have to rely on reports from customers.

This still troubles me. A public, government office has told someone to steer clear of simply observing the operations?

Clearly, there was either a definite repercussion warned or one that was implied.

I realize that we are not in a democratic country, but this situation is very thought provoking....

Now that I can't do that they have to rely on reports from customers.

This still troubles me. A public, government office has told someone to steer clear of simply observing the operations?

Clearly, there was either a definite repercussion warned or one that was implied.

I realize that we are not in a democratic country, but this situation is very thought provoking....

I agree

Wonder if we ever hear anymore

Because someone stated we are being monerted

This would ring alarm bells to the head office

To have this rectifies ASAP

But this is Thailand

W

Yes pretending like you know some thing when in fact you don't is like false advertising. Every one well most every one knows that if their is a holiday the line up will get bigger the day before and after. Besides who cares how many cards they hand out. How many people got in to see the officer?

Lets see here 35 cards plus 15 sent away. That would be 50. 250 a week say only 48 weeks to allow for holidays that is 12,000 a year According to Nancy they only had 5,250 people last year. Some thing is not rite here with the numbers.

If they hand out 35 cards and only 21 get in what is the difference between that and not giving any cards out and seeing 21 people. As Nancy has posted earlier people have gotten in with out a queue card.

Have to say I'm contemplating my February renewal of my Retirement Extension in CM with a sense of dread. Previously I've done it Phuket and even that office is subject of some severe criticism with some lengthy wait times if you're not lucky. But Phuket seems like absolute plain sailing compared to this!!

Guess I'll run along there a few times once I'm in to my last 45 days at 8:30 to see if I get a ticket (I've always opted for the DIY approach) BUT if I don't, in all honesty, I can't see myself getting up at 4:00 am to go queue at 5:00 am with the prospect of 8-10 hours at Immigration for what should be well rehearsed process involving little grief.

While I would MUCH rather go DIY I value my time much more than 300 baht per hour, especially if it's once a year and even more especially when it's time wasted (and the sheer boredom) to sit around and do this, so I can really see the appeal of using G4T or whatever they're called. Right - no, desirable - no, BUT. And as to the comments about why do people need to use agents to fill in a few forms, I don't really think that's the issue. It's the sheer saving in time that would be worth it to me. I certainly don't plan to cave in from day one and will try DIY, but 10 hours at Immigration, no way, ain't gonna happen.

And if the respective consuls are concerned about these issues you'd think they'd get off their behinds and do something about gathering the required 'evidence' themselves, it's not as though the parent Embassies don't make enough money to pay to get someone to do it with the absolutely EXORBITANT charges they make for any kind of certification or proof of income!!

in all honesty, I can't see myself getting up at 4:00 am to go queue at 5:00 am with the prospect of 8-10 hours at Immigration for what should be well rehearsed process involving little grief.

Come on, it's only one time a year. Man up! Just pretend you're lining up to see the Rugby Sevens final....

in all honesty, I can't see myself getting up at 4:00 am to go queue at 5:00 am with the prospect of 8-10 hours at Immigration for what should be well rehearsed process involving little grief.

Come on, it's only one time a year. Man up! Just pretend you're lining up to see the Rugby Sevens final....

You don't have to sit around the Imm. office the entire time. There are many pleasant restaurants and coffee shops in the mall with much more comfortable seating, a new co-working space will open soon in the next building -- just across from Imm. There is a movie theater. And if you have transport, you can always leave after your your interview with the officer and come back just before they close to pick up your passport.

I really think that we should all refrain from commenting publicly on this matter - it's not our heads on the chopping block after all.

Archived