Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we should all refrain from commenting publicly on this matter -

What do you mean? This is a public forum. Are you suggesting we delete all threads, purge all mention of immigration across the board?

OH, look! Is that someone following you? Watch out!

The most ridiculous post I've seen from you and it doesn't really deserve an answer, but here goes.

The Streisand effect. The more we talk about it the more attention it will focus on something, or in this case someone, who, at some stage in the next 12 months, will have personal business to attend to at a location where they are already pretty high profile. We are all aware of what is possible when face in lost here.

This is my last post on the subject as I'm adding to any attention it generates.

(Oh, look! It's not me they're following. It's not me who may be affected).

I agree Konini.

Now, if anyone who is going out to Imm. Prom. on "official business" would like to PM me about what to "look for" prior to going, I'd very much appreciate it. This thread really should be for reports of current conditions at Imm. Prom.

I will continue to go out to Imm. Prom. to take care of my own business, including in-person submission of my 90 day reports and my husband will be doing his own 90 day reports a week or two offset from mine, even though right now we're "on the same cycle". We fully expect that we'll be able to take care of our own personal Imm. business without problem and we will be able to sit around the office waiting when we're there on "official business". If that's not the case, we're confident there are people, both Thai and foreign, with some power, who would like to know.

Now can we get back to the subject at hand -- I wonder how many people were turned away this morning from the retirement extension queue.

This is my last post on the subject as I'm adding to any attention it generates.

Wanna bet? :D

I don't understand either of you. If you want to stop all public talk of this subject, then fine. Have the admin delete everything here and ban all reference to CM immigration. But then NancyL, who agrees with this, want's to continue to track who gets in and who doesn't and the like. That's certainly doing what you just said you agreed not to do.

>..<

O

Have to say I'm contemplating my February renewal of my Retirement Extension in CM with a sense of dread. Previously I've done it Phuket and even that office is subject of some severe criticism with some lengthy wait times if you're not lucky. But Phuket seems like absolute plain sailing compared to this!!

Guess I'll run along there a few times once I'm in to my last 45 days at 8:30 to see if I get a ticket (I've always opted for the DIY approach) BUT if I don't, in all honesty, I can't see myself getting up at 4:00 am to go queue at 5:00 am with the prospect of 8-10 hours at Immigration for what should be well rehearsed process involving little grief.

While I would MUCH rather go DIY I value my time much more than 300 baht per hour, especially if it's once a year and even more especially when it's time wasted (and the sheer boredom) to sit around and do this, so I can really see the appeal of using G4T or whatever they're called. Right - no, desirable - no, BUT. And as to the comments about why do people need to use agents to fill in a few forms, I don't really think that's the issue. It's the sheer saving in time that would be worth it to me. I certainly don't plan to cave in from day one and will try DIY, but 10 hours at Immigration, no way, ain't gonna happen.

And if the respective consuls are concerned about these issues you'd think they'd get off their behinds and do something about gathering the required 'evidence' themselves, it's not as though the parent Embassies don't make enough money to pay to get someone to do it with the absolutely EXORBITANT charges they make for any kind of certification or proof of income!!

You are assuming that if you get a queue number they will see you. That is not the case. They have days when people are prepared and they are able to see every one. Then they have days when people are not prepared and they have to spend a longer period of time with them thereby having to send people home with the instructions to come back tomorrow and start from scratch all over again.

Speaking for myself only I am concerned about how many they see in a day I don't care if they hand out 20 queue cards or 1,000 how many people are being served that is what counts. I know people are being turned away and have been for quite a few years now. This is not big news to me. Days around holidays I know that there is going to be a much larger turn out so I simply avoid them. Easier than enduring them and rushing home to Thai Visa to complain about them.

As far as Nancy being asked not to hang around. I have no information on that but I am concerned about her treatment when she goes in there for personal business.

You are assuming that if you get a queue number they will see you. That is not the case. They have days when people are prepared and they are able to see every one. Then they have days when people are not prepared and they have to spend a longer period of time with them thereby having to send people home with the instructions to come back tomorrow and start from scratch all over again.

I wasn't aware that some people actually given a queue number at 8:30 are actually not seen the same day (I'm not concerned about the people turned away because they don't have the proper paperwork). Can you advise when this has happened and how many times (days) it has happened since they started giving out more queue numbers?

I did my first 90 Report today

I arrived at 7 45 Am

I ended up with No 25

My paperwork checked by 1 of 2 woman out side Immigration

They were the ones who actually did the report on the computer inside immigration, so not problems

Mine was no 25 plus i was talking to a German fella and his Thai GF,
So that helped pass time away
We were called up at 9 40 out by 9 45 was painless

I used a Tuk Tuk to get there and a Songthaew on return

I was not in a hurry as i waited till another person was to use it

It total it cost me 250 Baht,

So it is worth my while to use a local Visa Agent where i can get to see them very easy

At 8 00 AM i saw a girl come out from G4T as the lights were not on

At 8 15 Am to more girls joined her it was the line for the medical and i missed the other name

There was also a lot for Tourists Visas

The Visa Extension Line was about 20

I actual spoke to a few they ranged from arriving at 4 to 6 AM, they said it was not too cold at that time of the morning

The last American i spoke to while waiting to be call up his number was 15

He told me that up to No 15 normally seen by Lunch time

16 on wards were seen after Lunch

I would say that all who arrived for the Visa Extension would have been given one

The sign for the 90 reporting and the Visa Extension were next to the Information desk out side with no one there

Plus there was no sign like i had seen several weeks ago when i did a dummy run to see where Immigration was

Then there was the 90 reporting sign which said in bad English FULL no more Today

Today might have put a few people off after the Holiday yesterday

I hope this was off help

I am also done on the subject too

I wasn't aware that some people actually given a queue number at 8:30 are actually not seen the same day (I'm not concerned about the people turned away because they don't have the proper paperwork). Can you advise when this has happened and how many times (days) it has happened since they started giving out more queue numbers?

If you get a queue card, you're seen that day. No ifs ands or buts. I can't think of a single report where they closed up the office with people still holding queue cards.

I don't know why NorthernJohn goes on about how he doesn't care about how many queue cards are given out, what he wants to know is how many are actually seen. Actually, the number of queue cards distributed and the number turned away in the morning is quite important!

Well, OK, they do "see" more people than just the ones with the queue cards. That's because the G4T customers receive special treatment. G4T takes the customer's paperwork, brings it into the Imm. officer processing extensions, in between seeing people with queue cards, the officer stops processing the people who arrived early and got a queue card so s/he can process the G4T customer's paperwork, and the G4T customer documents are added to the stack of documents/passports to be approved later by the big boss. Usually those passports/documents are taken back to the old office for approval and passports are returned, around 1:30-2:30 pm for morning customers and late in the day for afternoon customers.

NorthernJohn keys in on one isolated report I gave weeks ago of a friend who walked in during the late afternoon and had her retirement extension processed without a queue card and was told to come back the next day to pick up her passport. That is a rare occurrence. They don't like to keep passports overnight.

Where people get turned away for not having the proper paperwork is during the morning queuing card distribution. The officers check the documents VERY carefully during this process and turn away people or advise them of shortcomings that can be corrected before they have their interview -- like getting their bank book updated or getting a photo in the correct format. Thus, the morning queue card distribution process can sometimes take 30 - 40 minutes, but I think this is a better time to weed out people who aren't qualified to obtain a retirement extension, rather than giving everyone in the queue one of the precious, rare queue cards, having them wait for hours and then finding they aren't qualified to receive a retirement extensions.

In my observations, the officers don't turn away people for "picky" reasons. It's serious stuff, like the money hasn't been in the bank long enough, or they have a tourist visa that they thought they could turn into a retirement extension without first applying for an O visa, or they have a new passport, but haven't gone to the old Imm. office yet to have their stamps transferred. Stuff like that. If it's minor stuff, like not copying all right pages in their passport, they'll get a queue card.

Thank you Lizard 2010 for your detailed report on your 90 day report and observation that it looked like everyone in the retirement extension queue got a queue card today -- and that the demand was low, around 20 people for that service. I suspect some people may have thought they were closed today.

A friend was at Promenada on Wednesday and said the "90 Day report full" sign was up around 1:30 pm. Maybe not today.

Good luck, Fang 37 for your retirement extension on December 18. We'll look forward to your report.

in all honesty, I can't see myself getting up at 4:00 am to go queue at 5:00 am with the prospect of 8-10 hours at Immigration for what should be well rehearsed process involving little grief.

Come on, it's only one time a year. Man up! Just pretend you're lining up to see the Rugby Sevens final....

Man up. Man up? What a totally RIDICULOUS comment!! Not sure what criteria you're using on the 'macho scoreboard' stakes but they're clearly wildly different from mine :) It's down to how much value people place on their time. Manning up has zero to do with it. Where my time is concerned I'll spend it, and indeed my money (I mean come on, it's only once a year), on what suits me and sorry but that certainly does not include flying the flag for somebody else's crusade against whatever, the fact that it will likely achieve squat even more so.

While I FULLY understand the motivation to avoid using these agents, and I will certainly use them only as a last resort, I suspect that however many expats choose to 'vote with their time' by standing / sitting around waiting for hours on end will have absolutely zero impact on how Immigration do their job or, judging by the fact that they seem to expanding, whether these agent services continue to survive or thrive. For those that are happy to get up in the middle of the night to go and stand in a queue at an otherwise deserted mall from 5am no problem, it's a 'relatively' free world still, especially for those that feel they get added benefit of an extra tick on their 'Manliness' scorecard. I don't mind putting in the hours waiting, as I have in the past at Phuket, there just comes a point when the balance tips too far in terms of what I feel is important to me.

because i have cancer and heart problems and cant walk well, and am supposed to avoid stress, and would have to paz 500 baht each way for a taxi, i feel i need to use the g4t service.

could someone tell me when i would have to arrive to use their service and be sure of doing it in the one day?

thank you.

because i have cancer and heart problems and cant walk well, and am supposed to avoid stress, and would have to paz 500 baht each way for a taxi, i feel i need to use the g4t service.

could someone tell me when i would have to arrive to use their service and be sure of doing it in the one day?

thank you.

So sorry to learn of your problems, wrbc.

Have you considered using a reputable, full-service visa agent like Assist Thai Visa http://assistthaivisa.com/ (office in Chiang Mai Land) or O.S. Thai Visa http://www.chiangmaivisaservice.com/ (office on Nimmanhaemin Soi 9)? These well-regarded reputable, full-service visa agents could take care of all your immigration needs, including re-entry permit, 90 day report and of course, your retirement visa extensions. They'd give you a ride from their office to Imm. Prom., take you back and would return your passport to you. They could obtain a wheelchair from the ones that Prom. Mall has near the Rim Ping pick up entrance and bring you into the Imm. office from the parking lot, if you'd like this kind of assistance.

Yes, it's going to be more expensive that G4T, but you'd avoid the expense of a taxi fares and wouldn't have the stress of wondering if the poo is going to hit the patlom again for G4T on the day you decide to go to Imm. like it did for one day after the Bangkok Post letter and they had to lay low because some bigwigs came to inspect the shady visa agent with full run of the Imm. office.

thank you.

So sorry to learn of your problems, wrbc.

Have you considered using a reputable, full-service visa agent like Assist Thai Visa http://assistthaivisa.com/ (office in Chiang Mai Land) or O.S. Thai Visa http://www.chiangmaivisaservice.com/ (office on Nimmanhaemin Soi 9)? These well-regarded reputable, full-service visa agents could take care of all your immigration needs, including re-entry permit, 90 day report and of course, your retirement visa extensions. They'd give you a ride from their office to Imm. Prom., take you back and would return your passport to you. They could obtain a wheelchair from the ones that Prom. Mall has near the Rim Ping pick up entrance and bring you into the Imm. office from the parking lot, if you'd like this kind of assistance.

Yes, it's going to be more expensive that G4T, but you'd avoid the expense of a taxi fares and wouldn't have the stress of wondering if the poo is going to hit the patlom again for G4T on the day you decide to go to Imm. like it did for one day after the Bangkok Post letter and they had to lay low because some bigwigs came to inspect the shady visa agent with full run of the Imm. office.

thank you.

One could see that the nail that sticks up the highest is the first to get pounded down....sometimes good intentions lead to unforeseen consequences, apropos the TM28 and TM30 fiasco. Why do you think Chiang Mai is the only place in the nation to scrutinize this requirement and just so happen to enforce it at this time to the letter?

Coincidence or ancient aliens..... YOU DECIDE!

One could see that the nail that sticks up the highest is the first to get pounded down....sometimes good intentions lead to unforeseen consequences, apropos the TM28 and TM30 fiasco. Why do you think Chiang Mai is the only place in the nation to scrutinize this requirement and just so happen to enforce it at this time to the letter?

Not correct, not even close. Reports have been coming in before seeing them in CM topics. If you follow the main Visa forum you will see a lot of topics/posts of other areas having the same requirement thrust upon them. Below are just a few of the many topics on it that are not specific to CM. Lots of confusion across the board on this.

Thai wife has to register falang husband's whereabouts?

TM30 - House rent - who has to fill / sign / deliver?

TM 30 required at Jomtien Immigration for visa extensions

TM-30 Form

TM30s and Visa Extensions Nation-wide

Crackdown started in 2013 for hotels & guest houses - Thai Immigration Cracks Down On Hotels

Then September - Owners of rented houses, rooms ordered to report foreign occupants

Then October - Immigration warns homeowners they have 24hrs to report foreign guests

So no, CM is not singled out, at least for this specific requirement. smile.png

Crackdown started in 2013 for hotels & guest houses - Thai Immigration Cracks Down On Hotels

Then September - Owners of rented houses, rooms ordered to report foreign occupants

Then October - Immigration warns homeowners they have 24hrs to report foreign guests

So no, CM is not singled out, at least for this specific requirement. smile.png

I agree with you Tywais

I checked with my Condo management team to confirm that they had advised Immigration

That was staying at the Condo through them

She said they had been contacted by Immigration to advise on all that rent at the Condo

I think was after the Bombing at Bangkok that made them know where all Falangs are staying

Just another way of keeping check on us

With pics, I am using the size as per the official application form. There is a rectangular box showing the required size.

As already posted on this and other threads, the box on the forms are probably not the correct size. The correct size in 4 cm x 6 cm and that is written on the form, but in Thai script. There have been reports that they have sent people to have new photos made at the copy shop next to Imm. when they submitted forms with photos the size of the box on the form, not 4 cm x 6 cm on blue background.

You've been warned.

I've been aware of the 4 x 6 cm photo requirement (through this thread, so thanks!) BUT now I see that is has to be ON A BLUE BACKGROUND - which I haven't seen mentioned before. Is this another NEW requirement or possibly just 'forgotten' information? Certainly not complaining - only asking!

Thanks

The colour of background will probably change daily, but, rest assured, the photoshop next door will have the necessary colour de jour...

Sorry, been busy these last days, so no spare time. Thanks for the info (and to the the other posters' replies, too).

Yes, I can WELL imagine that the background colour will change like the wind. I'll have to see if I'm lucky and have the correct colour on the correct day........or maybe they'll be wanting a rainbow background.....blink.png

Cheers

Then I stand corrected.

Maybe a new avenue to fight terrorism? Keeping a close watch on the foreigners' movements.

That seems the consensus so far, at least for the push on homeowners to do it as it started shortly after the Erawan bombing and finding land borders allowing blind eye entry for a 'fee'.

Then I stand corrected.

Maybe a new avenue to fight terrorism? Keeping a close watch on the foreigners' movements.

It does seem that way. It`s getting tougher all round, more hurdles to jump over each year. Hate to think what it`s going to be like in another 10 years, blood, semen and DNA samples to open a bank account and having to report every time we leave our homes. Sounds daft at the moment but maybe not so far fetched as some might think.

The other agents have to send someone to wait in the queue for their customers. Only G4T can jump the queue. That is the key difference.

What you're buying when you employ G4T is queue-jumping. If G4T didn't exist, there would be more queue cards for everyone. Instead, the Immigration officials have to set aside some time to handle the paperwork that G4T brings to them during the day for their customers and take photos of their customers when they bring them in to the Imm. office -- interrupting the processing of people (or their agents) who waited in the early morning hours to obtain a queue card.

Yes, visa agents serve a valuable purpose -- a much broader purpose than merely jumping the queue. That's all you're buying with that 3000 fee to G4T.

Take a look at the website for Assist Thai Visa and OS Thai Visa -- two well-regarded, full service visa agencies. They do much, much more than offer you the chance to avoid the queue. Now take a look at the website for G4T. Oh, wait a minute. They don't have a website.

I disagree.

Went to G4T, they did all the paperwork and made all copies. Only thing I had to bring was the letter from the bank. It sounds pretty full service to me!

Arrived at 2 PM and was out 15 minutes later. They told me to come back at 4.30 to pick up passport; I replied that I would rather pick it up the next day, and so it was.

I used another agency last year (one of the two you mention in your post), on two occasions for 2 different family members. One time my 89 year old mother had to wait almost an hour at the old office for the photo. On a separate occasion they forgot to do the re/entry, so had to go back again the next day (total of 3 trips). Not the best full service at almost twice the cost of G4T, who also handle re-entries (not sure what they charge) and 90 day reports at 300 baht each time.

IMHO G4T is just as good as the others and at almost half price. The inner workings of how they do it do not concern me at all, as the paying customer.

The whole point of this topic is to highlight the totally different and inadequate service here as compared to other offices in Thailand. With a level playing field people can choose what suits them best. I totally resent having to pay 3k for the privilege of getting th same level of service provided elsewhere.

The other agents have to send someone to wait in the queue for their customers. Only G4T can jump the queue. That is the key difference.

What you're buying when you employ G4T is queue-jumping. If G4T didn't exist, there would be more queue cards for everyone. Instead, the Immigration officials have to set aside some time to handle the paperwork that G4T brings to them during the day for their customers and take photos of their customers when they bring them in to the Imm. office -- interrupting the processing of people (or their agents) who waited in the early morning hours to obtain a queue card.

Yes, visa agents serve a valuable purpose -- a much broader purpose than merely jumping the queue. That's all you're buying with that 3000 fee to G4T.

Take a look at the website for Assist Thai Visa and OS Thai Visa -- two well-regarded, full service visa agencies. They do much, much more than offer you the chance to avoid the queue. Now take a look at the website for G4T. Oh, wait a minute. They don't have a website.

I disagree.

Went to G4T, they did all the paperwork and made all copies. Only thing I had to bring was the letter from the bank. It sounds pretty full service to me!

Arrived at 2 PM and was out 15 minutes later. They told me to come back at 4.30 to pick up passport; I replied that I would rather pick it up the next day, and so it was.

I used another agency last year (one of the two you mention in your post), on two occasions for 2 different family members. One time my 89 year old mother had to wait almost an hour at the old office for the photo. On a separate occasion they forgot to do the re/entry, so had to go back again the next day (total of 3 trips). Not the best full service at almost twice the cost of G4T, who also handle re-entries (not sure what they charge) and 90 day reports at 300 baht each time.

IMHO G4T is just as good as the others and at almost half price. The inner workings of how they do it do not concern me at all, as the paying customer.

Reentry 500 baht plus whatever the government fee is.

David

What you're buying when you employ G4T is queue-jumping. If G4T didn't exist, there would be more queue cards for everyone. How do you know that? Where`s your source of information?

I would give odds of 1000 to 1 that the situation would remain the same and the other agents would just receive the customers from the GT4. The people that already know how to do their paperwork would still be paying for a priority queue slot no matter which agent they use. The reputable agents as you describe them charge an extra 2000 baht for a retirement extension on top of what GT4 charge to compensate for not being directly affiliated with immigration, whereas GT4 has cut out the middle people and can charge less.

I have said that the whole situation stinks, I hate it as much as you do, but for the meantime I would rather use the lesser of the evils that is more conveniently placed next to immigration, a faster service and save 2000 baht into the bargain. Pushing the GT4 out of business will not improve the services at the Promenada, please get real.

actually you are saving close to 2900. The "other guys" are 5500 +VAT. I do have morals, but as others have mentioned, if it was the Taliban that could get me in and out of there for half the price, I would use them. Heck, even if it was the late owner of The Game, in the visa business.....if the price was half; sign me up. The way some of the expats tout these expensive visa services reminds me of how much some older folks enjoy going to the doctor...it must make them feel important or something. I am going to try it myself. I saw a nice new washing machine today on sale for 5490...a Toshiba. Not a bad prize for having a chat with some farangs at 5 oclock in the morning. I'm a little anxious, as a first timer, but after passing through Immigration so many times, it seems like there are plenty of Bozos to spring the traps...two passports.....problems with the deposits....overstay.....a family situation way, way more complicated than the Brady Bunch, and of course people who look like they just woke up from sleeping in a gutter on skid row. I may even go for long pants.

Archived