Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Back at Prom. at 7.00am yesterday for 2nd try for 90 day report was no.27 in the queue about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

Volunteers didn't emerge until after 8.30 and the lady who processes the 90 days was herself handing out the no. cards information for the next report was just handwritten and due date just a stamp not printed - the sign saying '90 days Finished' was put up around 9.30am think maybe 60 people got no's. she wasn't calling no's out you just followed on she had no assistant.

Also the first processing for other visa's didn't start until 8.50am and once again only about 6 or 7 staff in attendance I was told that some staff were in BKK for a meeting I truly hope it's to resolve some of the problems as it surely ca'nt get much worse.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard when they plan to move the rest of the Immigration service from the Airport location to the Promenada, specially looking for the estimated move date for Visa extensions based on marriage?

Back at Prom. at 7.00am yesterday for 2nd try for 90 day report was no.27 in the queue about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

Volunteers didn't emerge until after 8.30 and the lady who processes the 90 days was herself handing out the no. cards information for the next report was just handwritten and due date just a stamp not printed - the sign saying '90 days Finished' was put up around 9.30am think maybe 60 people got no's. she wasn't calling no's out you just followed on she had no assistant.

Also the first processing for other visa's didn't start until 8.50am and once again only about 6 or 7 staff in attendance I was told that some staff were in BKK for a meeting I truly hope it's to resolve some of the problems as it surely ca'nt get much worse.

...about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

And speaking of moving the rest of Immigration services from the Airport to the Promenade, you think 200 people milling around is bad now? Wait for the clusterf*** that will become Immigration Services after the merger is complete. How about 300+ milling around Immigration at 8am. Nice to see Immigration is 'raising the bar' on Customer Service! thumbsup.gif

They'll have to open G4Tv2 close by. tongue.png That's gonna be a money maker.

Do you know you can mail in your 90 day report and avoid Imm. Prom? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Do you know you can mail in your 90 day report and avoid Imm. Prom? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

as long as you have done a 90 day before,posting is so so easy,instead of going to imm,just go to the post office.and post your application.

I drove past the airport immigration and they are doing construction to make a slightly bigger awning/roof for the outside waiting area, so it looks like the "moving all operations to Promenada" was a total head fake.

Rumors what do you want to believe. I heard one they were moving every thing back there in May another that they were going to build a new building at the airport and every thing would be back there another that they are going to move it all over to the Promenada.

I also heard that people over there had been told to come back tomorrow.

Can some one start a positive rumor?

Here is one that is really a fact.

I was standing inside the Promenada office and talking to a few people the other night after 5:00. There was about ten applicants sitting there waiting and the office was open and the girl at the 90 day desk was still processing applicant's papers.

Another time I walked by there at 6:00 at night and all though there was no applicants there they still had staff working. Can you imagine if the staff took the time to do that paper work during the regular working hours.

Probably already been asked, but 41 pages is a bit much to wade through, anyone know what time one has to be at the Promenada in order to get a tourist visa extension ? Queue wise

The reason this thread is so long is because the retirement extension queue cards are limited and the process of obtaining a retirement extension is time-consuming. We've spent 41 pages whining, complaining and making sometimes making in-person observations of that process.

Not so bad for tourist extensions. You should be OK if you arrive by 7 am. Since they can approve tourist visa extensions at Prom. you won't have to wait around for your passport/application documents to be run over to the old office for approval and you should be done by lunchtime.

I drove past the airport immigration and they are doing construction to make a slightly bigger awning/roof for the outside waiting area, so it looks like the "moving all operations to Promenada" was a total head fake.

Rumors what do you want to believe. I heard one they were moving every thing back there in May another that they were going to build a new building at the airport and every thing would be back there another that they are going to move it all over to the Promenada.

I was standing inside the Promenada office and talking to a few people the other night after 5:00. There was about ten applicants sitting there waiting and the office was open and the girl at the 90 day desk was still processing applicant's papers.

Another time I walked by there at 6:00 at night and all though there was no applicants there they still had staff working. Can you imagine if the staff took the time to do that paper work during the regular working hours.

NorthernJohn, your second paragraph is in no way related to the first paragraph of your post. What does the fact that the staff sometimes works a few extra hours have to do with whether the old office is closing or being enlarged?

Rumors what do you want to believe.

The construction that I saw was not a rumor.

Why would you start to refurbish the building if you were planning on vacating the place. Draw your own conclusions.

"Government"

I did not say you did not see it.

Besides they may be building another building there. RUMOR is they own the property next door.

Pick out what you want to believe. Just don't try to use western logic it will drive you nuts. Also it is Government even western governments have a hard time being logical.

The only thing I believe is it will get better. WHEN being the big question/ Hopefully in my life time.

NorthernJohn, your second paragraph is in no way related to the first paragraph of your post. What does the fact that the staff sometimes works a few extra hours have to do with whether the old office is closing or being enlarged?

Nothing

What does the old office getting a little refurbishing have to do with the Promenada. Just passing on honest information as was Trugillo. Why do you have a problem with that? You asked for others to report. Now you don't like it when I do.

I like to give them some credit. The staff is not the problem it is from higher up. A place neither you or I can reach.

Nothing

What does the old office getting a little refurbishing have to do with the Promenada. Just passing on honest information as was Trugillo. Why do you have a problem with that? You asked for others to report. Now you don't like it when I do.

I like to give them some credit. The staff is not the problem it is from higher up. A place neither you or I can reach.

I believe that in the previous 1000 Posts on this subject in this forum post

Most people now that the staff at immigration work after closing Hours to complete the days paperwork

This had been spoken about many times in other Posts Too

Just My Observation

Nothing

I believe that in the previous 1000 Posts on this subject in this forum post

Most people now that the staff at immigration work after closing Hours to complete the days paperwork

This had been spoken about many times in other Posts Too

Just My Observation

True I myself have posted it.

But they did not mention that they were still processing people for the 90 day.

Edit

that is after 5:00 with people still siting there waiting. Big difference.

You're correct at least based upon what the Immigration people said during their talk to the Expat Club a year ago October. One of the Immigration people mentioned that some nights there are some people there until 10PM or later completing various paperwork, mail-in address reports, etc..

Although that's likely true, there's still no reasonable excuse for the lousy service out there. There's no reason, for example, that one Immigration officer can't handle 5-6 annual visa extensions an hour. And it's absolutely crazy to me that the 2 (at times) officers who handle such matters - senior members who know what they're doing and what documents are needed - can't approve and stamp the passports on the spot. The notion that all of the documents have to be looked at (I doubt that actually) and signed by the top guy is totally unnecessary and indicative that the top dude has no clue about delegating authority or how to run an office.

Besides they may be building another building there

Ahyayai!!

Mother of Christ! Please read what I posted or have a native English speaker translate it for you.

Please do not pick out the parts you like to make your self look good.

What was said was.

"Besides they may be building another building there. RUMOR is they own the property next door."

It would appear you need a translator as obviously English is not your first language. They could then have two possibly more buildings there.

You're correct at least based upon what the Immigration people said during their talk to the Expat Club a year ago October. One of the Immigration people mentioned that some nights there are some people there until 10PM or later completing various paperwork, mail-in address reports, etc..

Although that's likely true, there's still no reasonable excuse for the lousy service out there. There's no reason, for example, that one Immigration officer can't handle 5-6 annual visa extensions an hour. And it's absolutely crazy to me that the 2 (at times) officers who handle such matters - senior members who know what they're doing and what documents are needed - can't approve and stamp the passports on the spot. The notion that all of the documents have to be looked at (I doubt that actually) and signed by the top guy is totally unnecessary and indicative that the top dude has no clue about delegating authority or how to run an office.

There's no reason, for example, that one Immigration officer can't handle 5-6 annual visa extensions an hour.

In theory yes, but in practicability no. The biggest drawbacks are the people that turn up at immigration with inadequate documents and paperwork or discrepancies in their paperwork, uncompleted paperwork or don`t qualify for a retirement visa/extension testing their luck.. They are people that are gumming up the works. 1 person not showing immigration what they want to see can take twice or three times the amount of time to process, even longer.

Probably already been asked, but 41 pages is a bit much to wade through, anyone know what time one has to be at the Promenada in order to get a tourist visa extension ? Queue wise

Hi Luke, arrived 2 days ago for visa extension, Promenada, 10.am. Queued for 2 hours to arrive at the number 2 position when they broke for lunch. Back at 1.00 pm we had saved places for each other, started again at no 2. Processing then took about 2 further hours.

One thing be warned, the photo requirement is a slightly different size to the standard passport photo requirement, there is a service out there that we were sent to: 200 baht.

Their system is painfully slow. For example I have a card that shows I stay a stones throw from Thapae Road, it still took the young man on the desk literally 5 minutes to work out exactly where Thapae Road was, maybe he has been assigned from another part of Thailand, that happens.

Visitor from Europe on his first visit asked: " If this is what it is like why would people want to retire here? " Good question I thought, perceptive. There must be an answer to that in a sealed envelope camouflaged deep inside a temple somewhere.

There's no reason, for example, that one Immigration officer can't handle 5-6 annual visa extensions an hour.

In theory yes, but in practicability no. The biggest drawbacks are the people that turn up at immigration with inadequate documents and paperwork or discrepancies in their paperwork, uncompleted paperwork or don`t qualify for a retirement visa/extension testing their luck.. They are people that are gumming up the works. 1 person not showing immigration what they want to see can take twice or three times the amount of time to process, even longer.

Whenever or wherever somebody arrives in Thailand they must pass through Immigration Control. The I/O's manning the desks are not high ranking officers and yet they are empowered to decide who comes in and who does not. They do not then pass the passports of those they approve to a senior officer for double-checking [to sit in a pile until said senior officer is available to sanction their decision, nor are they sent to another office if a senior officer is not available on site] just imagine the mayhem that would ensue if that were the case.

Deciding who enters the country is a far more significant decision than who stays here; much more likely to weed out the undesirables/those with dodgy passports/those who are black-listed/those who are on the wanted list of another country. These I/O's are empowered and their decision is final. If the person denied is unhappy with the outcome then, and only then, is a higher authority brought into the process.

With the greatest respect to those who process visa extensions, the fact that someone's application for extension doesn't have the right colour background on the photo, or is 2000 Baht short on the money in the bank during the seasoning period [yes this happened to a good friend due to ever-fluctuating exchange rates] is insignificant if the safety of the country is the real motive. And yet these decisions apparently must be double-checked by a senior officer.

I for one am not a circus animal and have never had the inclination [nor lately the ability] to jump through hoops. However, if things do not improve the next time my extension comes around ..................

Hi guys,I have to do the yearly marriage visa extension before Jan 10th,but can't find any calendar,what days the Immigration will be closed over this busy with holidays time...anybody knows?

Also,what time will be suitable to join the cue to actually make sure to get the number?...Thanks

I'm following this topic thread and may have missed something about what documents etc that CM Immigration are looking for. Please be mindful that I'm not being facetious or sarcastic here and I'd appreciate it if responses weren't. I have been getting my Marriage Visa stamp for 6 years from Chiang Mai and despite my following Thaivisa and looking at the CM Immigration website, there is always something different they require every time, which most people aren't aware of. Don't get me wrong, not always major or difficult, but time consuming for both applicants and staff, with an obvious knock-on effect. Has anyone, perhaps NancyL or others who try to help out the community, ever tactfully spoken to CM Immigration about providing an up to date source of information, which may help them and their customers?

I'm following this topic thread and may have missed something about what documents etc that CM Immigration are looking for. Please be mindful that I'm not being facetious or sarcastic here and I'd appreciate it if responses weren't. I have been getting my Marriage Visa stamp for 6 years from Chiang Mai and despite my following Thaivisa and looking at the CM Immigration website, there is always something different they require every time, which most people aren't aware of. Don't get me wrong, not always major or difficult, but time consuming for both applicants and staff, with an obvious knock-on effect. Has anyone, perhaps NancyL or others who try to help out the community, ever tactfully spoken to CM Immigration about providing an up to date source of information, which may help them and their customers?

The reason we can't get Imm. to provide an up-to-date listing of EXACTLY what documents are required for each type of extension is because they like to move the goal posts and make, say we say, "specialized" requirements depending upon their feelings at the time. So, the requirements can be different for different applicants. When asked about this in the past, they've said it's because they can exercise "discretion" and have "flexibility" in their enforcement.

I've been following this thread and could answer the question for retirement visa extensions at Imm. Prom, but I'm not up-to-speed about Marriage Extensions, which are still done at the old office.

Perhaps you could start a new post and ask for feedback from people who have recently had their marriage extensions processed there. Always a good idea to check just before you go into for your annual extension.

This just isn't true.

They take the same time no matter how good or poor your paperwork is.

They are operating something we called in the UK a 'go slow'.

You work as slowly as you possibly can without getting dismissed from your post.

Missing a photocopy?

They have scanners and printers on their desk.

5 minutes to process each marriage or retirement extension.

Paperwork missing?

That doesn't stop them moving to the next applicant, then restarting when they come back.

But you know, pay a visa agent, and they don't pick any faults, no waiting, its all about the money.

Apologists are great, not only do they bend over at every opportunity, but they tell everyone else they should bend over as well!

Archived