BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Back at Prom. at 7.00am yesterday for 2nd try for 90 day report was no.27 in the queue about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

Volunteers didn't emerge until after 8.30 and the lady who processes the 90 days was herself handing out the no. cards information for the next report was just handwritten and due date just a stamp not printed - the sign saying '90 days Finished' was put up around 9.30am think maybe 60 people got no's. she wasn't calling no's out you just followed on she had no assistant.

Also the first processing for other visa's didn't start until 8.50am and once again only about 6 or 7 staff in attendance I was told that some staff were in BKK for a meeting I truly hope it's to resolve some of the problems as it surely ca'nt get much worse.

Has anyone heard when they plan to move the rest of the Immigration service from the Airport location to the Promenada, specially looking for the estimated move date for Visa extensions based on marriage?

Back at Prom. at 7.00am yesterday for 2nd try for 90 day report was no.27 in the queue about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

Volunteers didn't emerge until after 8.30 and the lady who processes the 90 days was herself handing out the no. cards information for the next report was just handwritten and due date just a stamp not printed - the sign saying '90 days Finished' was put up around 9.30am think maybe 60 people got no's. she wasn't calling no's out you just followed on she had no assistant.

Also the first processing for other visa's didn't start until 8.50am and once again only about 6 or 7 staff in attendance I was told that some staff were in BKK for a meeting I truly hope it's to resolve some of the problems as it surely ca'nt get much worse.

...about 30-40 behind me and some 200 or more other people for various Visa's etc. never seen so many people.

And speaking of moving the rest of Immigration services from the Airport to the Promenade, you think 200 people milling around is bad now? Wait for the clusterf*** that will become Immigration Services after the merger is complete. How about 300+ milling around Immigration at 8am. Nice to see Immigration is 'raising the bar' on Customer Service! thumbsup.gif

They'll have to open G4Tv2 close by. tongue.png That's gonna be a money maker.

Do you know you can mail in your 90 day report and avoid Imm. Prom? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Do you know you can mail in your 90 day report and avoid Imm. Prom? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

as long as you have done a 90 day before,posting is so so easy,instead of going to imm,just go to the post office.and post your application.

Is the photo for the TM7 still 4 * 6 cm with a blue background?

Are Immigration open on Xmas Day ?

Thanks

Is the photo for the TM7 still 4 * 6 cm with a blue background?

Are Immigration open on Xmas Day ?

Thanks

Yes, and yes.

I drove past the airport immigration and they are doing construction to make a slightly bigger awning/roof for the outside waiting area, so it looks like the "moving all operations to Promenada" was a total head fake.

I drove past the airport immigration and they are doing construction to make a slightly bigger awning/roof for the outside waiting area, so it looks like the "moving all operations to Promenada" was a total head fake.

Rumors what do you want to believe. I heard one they were moving every thing back there in May another that they were going to build a new building at the airport and every thing would be back there another that they are going to move it all over to the Promenada.

I also heard that people over there had been told to come back tomorrow.

Can some one start a positive rumor?

Here is one that is really a fact.

I was standing inside the Promenada office and talking to a few people the other night after 5:00. There was about ten applicants sitting there waiting and the office was open and the girl at the 90 day desk was still processing applicant's papers.

Another time I walked by there at 6:00 at night and all though there was no applicants there they still had staff working. Can you imagine if the staff took the time to do that paper work during the regular working hours.

Probably already been asked, but 41 pages is a bit much to wade through, anyone know what time one has to be at the Promenada in order to get a tourist visa extension ? Queue wise

Rumors what do you want to believe.

The construction that I saw was not a rumor.

Why would you start to refurbish the building if you were planning on vacating the place. Draw your own conclusions.

Probably already been asked, but 41 pages is a bit much to wade through, anyone know what time one has to be at the Promenada in order to get a tourist visa extension ? Queue wise

The reason this thread is so long is because the retirement extension queue cards are limited and the process of obtaining a retirement extension is time-consuming. We've spent 41 pages whining, complaining and making sometimes making in-person observations of that process.

Not so bad for tourist extensions. You should be OK if you arrive by 7 am. Since they can approve tourist visa extensions at Prom. you won't have to wait around for your passport/application documents to be run over to the old office for approval and you should be done by lunchtime.

Rumors what do you want to believe. I heard one they were moving every thing back there in May another that they were going to build a new building at the airport and every thing would be back there another that they are going to move it all over to the Promenada.

I also heard that people over there had been told to come back tomorrow.

Can some one start a positive rumor?

Here is one that is really a fact.

I was standing inside the Promenada office and talking to a few people the other night after 5:00. There was about ten applicants sitting there waiting and the office was open and the girl at the 90 day desk was still processing applicant's papers.

Another time I walked by there at 6:00 at night and all though there was no applicants there they still had staff working. Can you imagine if the staff took the time to do that paper work during the regular working hours.

NorthernJohn, your second paragraph is in no way related to the first paragraph of your post. What does the fact that the staff sometimes works a few extra hours have to do with whether the old office is closing or being enlarged?

Rumors what do you want to believe.

The construction that I saw was not a rumor.

Why would you start to refurbish the building if you were planning on vacating the place. Draw your own conclusions.

"Government"

I did not say you did not see it.

Besides they may be building another building there. RUMOR is they own the property next door.

Pick out what you want to believe. Just don't try to use western logic it will drive you nuts. Also it is Government even western governments have a hard time being logical.

The only thing I believe is it will get better. WHEN being the big question/ Hopefully in my life time.