BANGKOK 22 April 2019 16:58

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

The reason we can't get Imm. to provide an up-to-date listing of EXACTLY what documents are required for each type of extension is because they like to move the goal posts and make, say we say, "specialized" requirements depending upon their feelings at the time.

Pay a visa agent, and they don't change any goalposts ........ extension approved.

In theory yes, but in practicability no. The biggest drawbacks are the people that turn up at immigration with inadequate documents and paperwork or discrepancies in their paperwork, uncompleted paperwork or don`t qualify for a retirement visa/extension testing their luck.. They are people that are gumming up the works. 1 person not showing immigration what they want to see can take twice or three times the amount of time to process, even longer.

This just isn't true.

They take the same time no matter how good or poor your paperwork is.

They are operating something we called in the UK a 'go slow'.

You work as slowly as you possibly can without getting dismissed from your post.

Missing a photocopy?

They have scanners and printers on their desk.

5 minutes to process each marriage or retirement extension.

Paperwork missing?

That doesn't stop them moving to the next applicant, then restarting when they come back.

But you know, pay a visa agent, and they don't pick any faults, no waiting, its all about the money.

Apologists are great, not only do they bend over at every opportunity, but they tell everyone else they should bend over as well!

I am not disagreeing with you. I was giving a hypothetical situation. What I was saying is, that if everything was running smoothly at immigration, it still would not be possible to process the 5 or 6 applications an hour for my reasons given.

What I was saying is, that if everything was running smoothly at immigration, it still would not be possible to process the 5 or 6 applications an hour for my reasons given.

And what I'm saying is,

If they were to employ me as an immigration officer, I could process 10 an hour with plenty of time left to chat and drink coffee.

(No matter how messed up the paperwork for each applicant)

What I was saying is, that if everything was running smoothly at immigration, it still would not be possible to process the 5 or 6 applications an hour for my reasons given.

And what I'm saying is,

If they were to employ me as an immigration officer, I could process 10 an hour with plenty of time left to chat and drink coffee.

And me. It's a piece of piss.

And what I'm saying is,

I would still like to see some reports about other immigration offices and peoples experiences with those to make some comparisons. Not having used other areas myself I don`t know. How many retirement applications do they process in an hour? How do they handle the 90 day procedures?

Have faith in those who have experienced elsewhere. Pattaya and NST are far better than here. In NST the officer came to see me for 90 days as he had relations nearby. It's a different world from CM.

Phuket:

Extensions: 2-3 hours at Immigration. Could be less if you're early. No need to get there before 8. Maybe have to come back in afternoon if you get there very late. Pick up passport next day normally. Not sure how many they do a day. But seem to call next one up every 15-20 mins.

90 day in person: Easy. Especially at Patong. Girl I normally see there blitzed through a dozen or so in about 20 mins.

I also went for Cert of Residence last time. Waited about 15 mins why they cleared the 90 day reports waiting at the time. Then, in and done in 10 mins. And even that was down to the computer taking ages to load. COR issued there and then. Even gave me two. No charge.

So, yep, nowhere near as bad.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would still like to see some reports about other immigration offices and peoples experiences with those to make some comparisons. Not having used other areas myself I don`t know. How many retirement applications do they process in an hour? How do they handle the 90 day procedures?

Then here, read this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880195-immigration-in-chiang-mai-as-compared-to-other-provinces/page-2

It's now locked but you'll read multiple reports of people from other provinces stating what a piece of cake it is to use their Immigration Office. Common theme: 30 mins max, in and out.

No one else - anywhere - gets up at 3:30 am to go to their office to stand in a line for four hours prior to the office opening for business.

Yesterday the "90-day closed" sign was up at about 2pm (I don't know how long it had been up). From my experience and as has been mentioned, this reporting takes about 3 to 4 minutes. If one person handled this, I don't see how you could not get through all the people on a given day.

This must be a manpower issue, or more to the point, a lack of manpower.

Amnat Charoen, covering Amnat, Yasothon and Roi Et.

90 day reports 5 mins.

Retirement extensions 15 mins.

Marriage extensions 20 mins. (40mins for very first ext with interview of wife and Poo yai)

Queuing tickets rarely needed or used.

Last visit, 9am BKK for letter and update passbooks. 90 minute drive to Amnat arriving 11am. 30 minute wait in queue.

Retirement extension, 90 day report and re-entry permit, out before 12am.

Over 2 years ago, plans were revealed to make Roi Et the capital city of Issan and a lot of preparation work for construction work was already in hand.

That included the location of a new Immigration office in Roi Et. Decisions had been made in Bangkok to expand the Immigration offices in Thailand,

so that no office covered more than 2 provinces.

All of these plans came to a halt when the new PM took control.

All central government spending has been frozen since, and until another election takes place that situation is unlikely to change.

Roi Et has the largest number of expats reporting to Amnat than the other 2 provinces put together, so Amnat have now stationed an IO at Roi Et airport 3 days a week for 90 day reports only due to the current delays in expansion plans.

The Boss of Chiang Mai Immigration is correct when he states there is no more money available, his hands are tied.

However reading most of the posts in this topic, it seems obvious to me that someone has taken advantage of this situation for their own financial gain and Chiang Mai have no incentive or reason to be more efficient to Joe Public for obvious reasons.......nuff said!

I'm afraid things aren't going to improve in Chiang Mai or elsewhere for some time.

Visitor from Europe on his first visit asked: " If this is what it is like why would people want to retire here? "

Because you only need to do it once a year and in the big picture, it's inconsequential.

Ah that would be great Trujillo, once a year.

But we were told if retiring in CM the report is needed every 90 days, is this no longer required?

Visitor from Europe on his first visit asked: " If this is what it is like why would people want to retire here? "

Because you only need to do it once a year and in the big picture, it's inconsequential.

Ah that would be great Trujillo, once a year.

But we were told if retiring in CM the report is needed every 90 days, is this no longer required?

No need to go to Immigration to submit the 90 day report. That can be done by mail or on-line. (The 90 day report is a nation-wide requirement, btw. Not just in CM.)

Then here, read this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/880195-immigration-in-chiang-mai-as-compared-to-other-provinces/page-2

It's now locked but you'll read multiple reports of people from other provinces stating what a piece of cake it is to use their Immigration Office. Common theme: 30 mins max, in and out.

No one else - anywhere - gets up at 3:30 am to go to their office to stand in a line for four hours prior to the office opening for business.

Thanks, and I guess that well answers my question. And thank you to northernjohn for helping to put us all in the picture with that informative thread.

The outlook for Chiang Mai, dark, overcast and a deep depression coming over from the west.

FAZ: How many immigration officers are there to serve people?

3 Desks, but usually only 2 are manned.

Total of 9 staff usually, two backroom staff (civilian), the Boss, his secretary and 3 Immigration officers dealing with public.

2 other IO officers come and go, I suspect there outworkers. (Home visits and collecting 90 day reports at Roi Et airport etc)

Around 2,000 extensions a year.