Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 staff work on the 90 day counter.

Let's say they work 9-12 and 1-4 doing the 90 day reports, they have an hour for lunch, nobody should be forced to work before 9am, that is inhumane, and they maybe need 30mins to get everything finished off at end of day.

So 6hrs work each, 12hrs total, 720 minutes total, 240 reports a day. So why do they only hand out 180 tickets?

The word is that after closing time

They correlate the days paperwork

Or do ???????

I wonder how long it takes to process each retirement extension brought in bulk bundles by agents?
I don't think they bring them in bulk. Each applicant has to have your picture taken. The whole process only took 5 minutes for me and it would have been shorter if another officer hadn't come over and asked him a question. I used the agent next door to them.

I was wondering if the bar code has any thing to do with it. I didn't see it all but he stuck my passport in a machine.

Has any one any knowledge of the use of the bar code they put on the passports. Also mine is only a little over three years old. Don't know if that means jack --hit or not maybe newer bar code.

While I am wondering does any one think that there are a lot of extensions with agents that do not have a queue number. I know mine said they had a vacant spot some one had called in and changed their day to a later date so they could get me in. I didn't believe it but I was willing to go along with it. I wasn't in a mood to argue about it I was quite happy with it. As I said it only took 5 minutes and if they are all that quick maybe there are more than 20 a day. Maybe 20 on the queue numbers but a greater total with the agents just dropping in. After all if you have ever done one your self you know how long they can take to check the paper work and I am quite sure many of us have seen the whole process held up while some one goes to get another photocopy or their picture taken where as the agents I am sure they trust to have it all in order.

The girls out front told me I had it all in order. But when I went in to see the agent it turned out I had forgot to sign one line.

Just throwing out ideas.

I wonder how long it takes to process each retirement extension brought in bulk bundles by agents?
I don't think they bring them in bulk. Each applicant has to have your picture taken. The whole process only took 5 minutes for me and it would have been shorter if another officer hadn't come over and asked him a question. I used the agent next door to them.

I was wondering if the bar code has any thing to do with it. I didn't see it all but he stuck my passport in a machine.

Has any one any knowledge of the use of the bar code they put on the passports. Also mine is only a little over three years old. Don't know if that means jack --hit or not maybe newer bar code.

While I am wondering does any one think that there are a lot of extensions with agents that do not have a queue number. I know mine said they had a vacant spot some one had called in and changed their day to a later date so they could get me in. I didn't believe it but I was willing to go along with it. I wasn't in a mood to argue about it I was quite happy with it. As I said it only took 5 minutes and if they are all that quick maybe there are more than 20 a day. Maybe 20 on the queue numbers but a greater total with the agents just dropping in. After all if you have ever done one your self you know how long they can take to check the paper work and I am quite sure many of us have seen the whole process held up while some one goes to get another photocopy or their picture taken where as the agents I am sure they trust to have it all in order.

The girls out front told me I had it all in order. But when I went in to see the agent it turned out I had forgot to sign one line.

Just throwing out ideas.

This is my two pennies worth on the subject, see if you agree?

As I see it, immigration treat all the agents as professionals and credible and take it for granted they have already checked the applicants documents and paperwork, so why should immigration need to check them again. Once an agent brings in the paperwork the officers have a quick flick through them, stamped, noted for those that get their slices of the fees, higher ranking officer turns up, makes it official, applicants get their passports returned and a ta ta see you next year.

If applicants turn up themselves, that`s a different story, because then the officers have to do the checking that takes much longer. Only a guess, but I think I`m near the mark.

Just throwing out ideas.

This is my two pennies worth on the subject, see if you agree?

As I see it, immigration treat all the agents as professionals and credible and take it for granted they have already checked the applicants documents and paperwork, so why should immigration need to check them again. Once an agent brings in the paperwork the officers have a quick flick through them, stamped, noted for those that get their slices of the fees, higher ranking officer turns up, makes it official, applicants get their passports returned and a ta ta see you next year.

If applicants turn up themselves, that`s a different story, because then the officers have to do the checking that takes much longer. Only a guess, but I think I`m near the mark.

Well I think you are close. But remember they have to take your picture so I am not sure if they have some Queue numbers and/or allowed to pop in at any time.

When one does the annual ol; f-a-r-t pilgrimage tour to Promenada for extension to stay,

how many pics (of me) should one take?

One for a retirement extension, another if you want to get a re-entry permit. 4 x 6 cm. Color. They can make them at the copy shop next to Immigration.

If I were the Immigration Officer, I'm not sure I'd accept that the papers were correct, even if they had been submitted by an agent. After all, if the agent had made an error, and it was spotted after I had approved the application, it would be my neck on the block, not the agent's.

naboo, on 08 Nov 2015 - 14:45, said:snapback.png

2 staff work on the 90 day counter.

Let's say they work 9-12 and 1-4 doing the 90 day reports, they have an hour for lunch, nobody should be forced to work before 9am, that is inhumane, and they maybe need 30mins to get everything finished off at end of day.

So 6hrs work each, 12hrs total, 720 minutes total, 240 reports a day. So why do they only hand out 180 tickets?

You should know that math and Thais don't mix.

If I were the Immigration Officer, I'm not sure I'd accept that the papers were correct, even if they had been submitted by an agent. After all, if the agent had made an error, and it was spotted after I had approved the application, it would be my neck on the block, not the agent's.

And why is Chiang Mai the only place in Thailand where agents are hovering around on the doorstep to "help you" do the simple task of filling in a form and providing the necessary photocopies etc

The problem is simple, its the lack of staff.

What qualifications does it require for a new staff member eg to process, for example, a retirement visa ?

(a) An ability to verbally communicate and read English.

(B) An ability to count

© An ability to perform a very simple clerical process and stamp a passport.

Any number of of Thai nationals living in CM could perform that onerous job.2 weeks training and sitting with an experienced officer for day or 2 should do it

In fact the average Bank Teller, with the variance in bank transfers,regulations etc has a far more complicated job.If banks get too busy what do they do? they hire more staff.

There is more to why its the way it is.For the first time ever in 15 years I will be forced to use an agent, come December, if common sense and decency is not restored.

Several thousand Baht just to get priority queuing.

perhaps so

but mutch the same scenario as paying extra to up grade ftom economy class to business class with a airline ticklet etc etc or a bus ticket etc etc

after 13 yrs being a visa agent free, and the last 2 yrs , by engaging a visa agent due to the very poor services at the zoo

its been a charm ride to be taken by the handsmile.png and at approx 15 baht a day,is el cheapo for the services they provide,whilst the zoo is in a mess

a lovely evening to allbiggrin.png

free if you go there at 4 am smile.png

I am thinking of starting the 4 am club.

Take our own food, beers, bottles of wine and music, we could make a day long party of it. Any one interested?

Or, by so doing. you could make yourself undesirable to others who want peace and quiet.

Take our own food, beers, bottles of wine and music, we could make a day long party of it. Any one interested?

Maybe this what is needed to bring attention to the problem

Have a big party with as much media Coverage as possible

Even having it posted as many places on the Internet

How long would it take for the Immigration Dept in Bangkok to kill the storey

Maybe some others might have better ideas

Sometimes you have to make drastic measures to get results

Open for suggestions

Maybe this what is needed to bring attention to the problem

Have a big party with as much media Coverage as possible

Even having it posted as many places on the Internet

How long would it take for the Immigration Dept in Bangkok to kill the storey

Maybe some others might have better ideas

Sometimes you have to make drastic measures to get results

Open for suggestions

On Private Property? In front of a Thai Government Office? You don't think that you would be arrested?

want to try next week i need to go there ahahahha 4 am on 18 i will be there if people want enjoy ahaaha

It's private property we MUST be on in order to get a number to be served. There is no reason we can't bring snacks and beverages to tide us over for the FOUR HOURS before the office opens. Believe you me, we DON'T want to be there at that time. But we have no choice.

I have the idea of camping out when I have to do my extension in January.

But remember, if we do this regularly, and the noodle carts start showing up every morning, immigration will see this as a success. "See? Although they have to come so early, they are properly taken care of until we open. A win-win for all!"

do you know if the immigration is open for loy krathong ? i should go 24 or 25 nov because i will go to cm for travel

thank you

Yes, it will be open as Loy Krathong is not a public/government holiday. It's an observance day only.

do you know if the immigration is open for loy krathong ? i should go 24 or 25 nov because i will go to cm for travel

thank you

Yes, it will be open as Loy Krathong is not a public/government holiday. It's an observance day only.

thank you , what time for finish the business in the morning? 4 5 am at the old immigration ?

thank you

thank you , what time for finish the business in the morning? 4 5 am at the old immigration ?

What service do you need?

thank you

What service do you need?

60 day extension for thai child

I was at Immigration Promenada this morning to observe the queue ticket distribution for retirement extensions. High season is here.

They are still distributing just 20 tickets despite no longer having to service appointments made with the defunct on-line queue system.

Today 17 people in the retirement queue did not receive a queue number and they were told to come back tomorrow. Of course, they weren't given a queue ticket for tomorrow -- they were just told to come back. Some of the 17 protested rather firmly and said it was their second or third time at coming out early to get a queue ticket. The people turned away had arrived as early as 5:45 am.

I talked with a visa agent waiting in the queue. She told me that she had been turned away the previous day. She wasn't one of the "Lucky 20" A Visa Agent! She had arrived at 5 am yesterday. She said 22 people were turned away yesterday.

They still just have ONE officer processing retirement extensions.

The earliest arrival today came at 3 am. He said they don't turn on the exterior lights at Promenada until 4 am. This is a safety problem.

The visa agents all seem to arrive at 5 am. For those who think the visa agents have an unfair advantage -- consider this: With the exception of G4T (the visa agency next to the Immigration Promenada office that doesn't seem to need queue tickets) all other visa agents have to send someone to sit in the queue with us "retail" customers. One agent per customer. If they have three customers doing retirement extensions that day, then they have to send three people to sit in the queues. And they don't send one person and two bookbags, either. I arrived early and saw the visa agents sitting together. As if by prior agreement, they all arrive around 5 am. even from different companies.

So, if you want to be certain to get a queue ticket for a retirement extension, it looks like these are your options during High Season:

1. arrive at Immigration Promenada before 5 am

2. employ a reputable visa agent, with an office, website, office in town to send someone to go get a queue ticket for you

3. waltz in sometime in the morning and go see G4T, in the office next to the copy shop at Imm. Prom. They didn't have employees sitting in the retirement extension queue and several of the people turned away today when in to see them and were told that G4T could get them in for their retirement extensions today at 1 pm.

I was at Immigration Promenada this morning to observe the queue ticket distribution for retirement extensions. High season is here.

They are still distributing just 20 tickets despite no longer having to service appointments made with the defunct on-line queue system.

Today 17 people in the retirement queue did not receive a queue number and they were told to come back tomorrow. Of course, they weren't given a queue ticket for tomorrow -- they were just told to come back. Some of the 17 protested rather firmly and said it was their second or third time at coming out early to get a queue ticket. The people turned away had arrived as early as 5:45 am.

I talked with a visa agent waiting in the queue. She told me that she had been turned away the previous day. She wasn't one of the "Lucky 20" A Visa Agent! She had arrived at 5 am yesterday. She said 22 people were turned away yesterday.

They still just have ONE officer processing retirement extensions.

The earliest arrival today came at 3 am. He said they don't turn on the exterior lights at Promenada until 4 am. This is a safety problem.

The visa agents all seem to arrive at 5 am. For those who think the visa agents have an unfair advantage -- consider this: With the exception of G4T (the visa agency next to the Immigration Promenada office that doesn't seem to need queue tickets) all other visa agents have to send someone to sit in the queue with us "retail" customers. One agent per customer. If they have three customers doing retirement extensions that day, then they have to send three people to sit in the queues. And they don't send one person and two bookbags, either. I arrived early and saw the visa agents sitting together. As if by prior agreement, they all arrive around 5 am. even from different companies.

So, if you want to be certain to get a queue ticket for a retirement extension, it looks like these are your options during High Season:

1. arrive at Immigration Promenada before 5 am

2. employ a reputable visa agent, with an office, website, office in town to send someone to go get a queue ticket for you

3. waltz in sometime in the morning and go see G4T, in the office next to the copy shop at Imm. Prom. They didn't have employees sitting in the retirement extension queue and several of the people turned away today when in to see them and were told that G4T could get them in for their retirement extensions today at 1 pm.

Nancy

Maybe you should send this observation to your Embassy and see if they could send a official to see for themselves

This could then be reported back to Immigration

Then see what happens next

Mine is dues early next month

So i will see what happens within the next 3 weeks

Archived