BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
mistified

Eyebrow Threading--where To Go?

i've been looking to do eyebrow threading since i got to bangkok .. and it's been NINE months already. my borws are bushy now.. :`(

pls suggest where i shoud get it done. thank you!

never seen threading done in bkk. there are many places around who will wax or pluck them for you.

i got mine done by a lovely ladyboy the other week, and she shaved them! my goodness! (funny thing is i let her do it - ive been here way way too long i think)

Maybe try and Indian or Middle Eastern area of town? Maybe the area back around Sukhumvit Soi 5?

i got mine done by a lovely ladyboy the other week, and she shaved them! my goodness! (funny thing is i let her do it - ive been here way way too long i think)

SHAVED??? Not sure where I read this before, but I heard that eyebrows once shaved won't grow back. Is it true?

Guardian

SHAVED??? Not sure where I read this before, but I heard that eyebrows once shaved won't grow back. Is it true?

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :o

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :D

:o:D Should have searched first. There seems a lot of sites dealing with shaving eyebrows. Just remember where I read it. Remember "Ask Annie" in the Outlook section of Bangkok Post. Someone had written about a prank a few roommates played on him/her by shaving of his/her eyebrow/eyelash when that person was asleep. And to this, she replies that it was a cruel joke and that people should not play around with something that would NEVER grow back. Never bothered to check the facts.

Guardian

Guardian

If that was true most Thai men would be walking around without eyebrows, so no it is not true. :o

Very true :D

My husband had his eyebrows shaved when he became a monk and his eyebrows grew back. But that was a one time thing. Come to think of it, tho, his uncle was a monk for many years and he still has eyebrows.

what exactly is eyebrow threading?

what exactly is eyebrow threading?

Its where they pull the hair out with a thread instead of tweezers. I've heard its faster and less painful but have no personal experience.

You can try my wife's shop "Squeeze Me Nail Spa" in Soi Phi Pat, Silom. She's behind me now saying "Yes, we do that".

As I mentioned before - ask for Gay (my missus) or Cocoa (her sister) and say "ThaiVisa" to get a 20% discount.

Mick

(apologies for blatent advertising - it's that or the cold shoulder tonight)

it's that or the cold shoulder tonight

:o

thanks for the answeres, guys. :D

i'll try sukhumvit 5 when i get a chance and will report back here!

Would be great if there is any update Mistified? How did you get on and where did you go after?

After so many friends from London recommended eyebrow threading, I had mine done for the first time in Little India in Singapore. Awesome - would totally recommend it and it was so cheap compared to London prices! I thought it was WAY better than waxing or plucking and Wow.... the ladies were experts!

The Beauty Salon was chockablock full of Indian women having facial/cheek hair and moustaches "threaded" :D . I felt quite indigent when the lady suggested I had my "moustache" done... :D What moustache???? :D

ANyway, I thought what the hel_l, in for a penny in for a pound. Result - TOTALLY FAB! Even though I would never have thought I had a moustache!! My b/f killed himself laughing when I told him the story :bah:

Seriously, my eyebrows were amazing and she had given them a great shape and the procedure was interesting too. (Can you tell how excited I was! :o )

So, I was thinking of checking out Pahurat (sp?) area for any Indian Beauty Salons to "thread 'em again"... Does anybody have any experience of Pahurat?

Also interested if anyone else has had eyebrow threading done and how was your experience?

Any beauty saloon in BKK will fix your eyebrows.

Boots and Watsons sell pre-cut eyebrow-stuff for waxing. :o

Goodluck.

Edited by GreenShone

Just to share and if anyone fancies giving it a go..... Today, I had my eyebrows threaded for the bargain price of 60bt!!!!

Recommendation came via a friend of a friend who is Indian. The owner of the Salon (Pinky) is Indian - I called first to check out things. She reassured me her two Thai staff who work there are very experienced at this. "Too right" - I am very impressed! :o

If you haven't had threading done before, why not give it a go. IMHO, I think it's much more accurate than waxing and you get a really nice shape! But hey that is just what I think!

If you fancy giving it a go... the name of the place is "Koobsurat", located on the ground floor of Sukhumvit Plaza (Korean Town precint), close to Sukhumvit Soi 12. It's right at the back facing the elevators. The nearest skytrain is Asok.

Pinky - Owner who speaks English is on Tel No: 081 338 6051, the Salon is 02 252 5353. Hope this might be useful to you gals (and guys!) :D