Eyebrow Threading--where To Go?

mistified

China town........ if you walk to the road behind the main road in chinatown, that runs parallel to it (forgive me the name of the road escapes me) there are loads of women threading on the side of the road. Not just eyebrows either, i saw ladies tashes and chins getting a tweak too!!!

the wife always gets hers done there.....40 baht!

Hi everyone,

after googling for many hours on a quest to get nice eyebrows in BKK, i came across this forum. I now have perfect eyebrows :o I went Squeeze Me Nail Spa in silom. They did a great job.

Thanks!

I go to Squeze Me as well for eyebrow threading thanks to this forum!!! :D

• 1 year later...

When sometimes bored with the rest of the forum you're sure to find topics here that will leave a male scratching his head. :D

Question: is eyebrow threading a permanent hair removal procedure? If so, I'll be looking for references myself. Would be nice never to have to trim those unsightly nose hairs again. :rolleyes:

2nd question: I now understand that a thread is used to remove the hair but that still leaves too much of a gap for my imagination to fill in. The best I can come up with is tying the one end to the unwanted hair in question, then tying the other end around the knob of an open door and violently swinging it shut. Am I far off the mark? :unsure:

:lol: yes you are far off the mark

No, its essentially the same as plucking just a woman does it with a thread instead. So, no not permanent.

Threading is done by twisting the thread around the hair and pulling tight, I had my eyebrows threaded in the UK and was amazed at how fast it went and the fact that it was relatively painless.

And if you really want the details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

Thanks so much for the edification, sbk. :jap: I can now claim knowledge that very, very few men possess. :D:rolleyes:

I must say that I admire tremendously the courage it takes to be a woman. The pains that must be suffered to keep oneself beautiful. And my appreciation is equal in the knowing that the hardships are all endured solely for the benefit of us men! :P (of course, it has been read somewhere that some women, ahem, Patsycat, ahem, have not troubled themselves to even wear make-up for years. :o )

I recall the many evenings my ex-girlfriend and I would lie in bed together watching TV and she would take advantage of the many commercial breaks to pluck her armpits with tweezers. :o I tried not to look. And when I had enough of her self-inflicted torment I introduced her to two of the Western marvels which to us are so common: a razor and shaving creme. I wish I could adequately relate her new-found joy of her now having the ability to reduce a very time-consuming and painful task to a few painless minutes. :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...