Phuket bouncers filmed beating up foreign tourists

webfact

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One would expect bouncers employed by an entertainment establishment to act professionally and use minimal force (if any), even when under provocation, to evict any unruly patrons.

Obviously this was not the case here, where the bouncers' lack of anger management skills and thug temperament got the better of them. Very unprofessional and should be sacked.

The only thing about this is that I have seen bouncers do much more than this to Thais. Once you cross a certain line (not saying the foreigners in the video did or not), they will pretty much go nuts on you. Have seen people kicked in the head multiple times as they were being dragged by the feet out of a club. Stairs? No problem Their heads just bounced on the concrete on the way up and down.

So, these guys may be out of line, but it is certainly not so uncommon here.

One would expect bouncers employed by an entertainment establishment to act professionally and use minimal force (if any), even when under provocation, to evict any unruly patrons.

Obviously this was not the case here, where the bouncers' lack of anger management skills and thug temperament got the better of them. Very unprofessional and should be sacked.

South East Asians and anger management skills???? Does not compute!!!

The only thing about this is that I have seen bouncers do much more than this to Thais. Once you cross a certain line (not saying the foreigners in the video did or not), they will pretty much go nuts on you. Have seen people kicked in the head multiple times as they were being dragged by the feet out of a club. Stairs? No problem Their heads just bounced on the concrete on the way up and down.

So, these guys may be out of line, but it is certainly not so uncommon here.

Agree this is partly true.. Tho I think theres a little more patience or attempt to diffuse and control up to the explosion..

My observation over some years of living in Thailand , is that many of the men who come here are of somewhat lower social strata who gravitate toward bars where they drink a skinful .

I would be inclined to think these these men being beaten up were probably rude and belligerent and maybe deserved a good roughing up .

My observation over some years of living in Thailand , is that many of the men who come here are of somewhat lower social strata who gravitate toward bars where they drink a skinful .

I would be inclined to think these these men being beaten up were probably rude and belligerent and maybe deserved a good roughing up .

Who are you to judge farangs? They were obviously hotel managers, consulates and university lecturers.

Whats the best strategy to survive an attack like this?

1. Take the first hit, stay motionless and pretend to be instantly knocked out so they leave you alone?

2. Cower in a foetal position covering your head so they keep kicking you?

MInd you, if you choose 1, and they still decide to kick your head you will have pretty much no protection.

Tough choices.

1. Take the first hit, stay motionless and pretend to be instantly knocked out so they leave you alone?

MInd you, if you choose 1, and they still decide to kick your head you will have pretty much no protection.

Tough choices.

2 very preferable over 1 but best defense would be remove yourself asap.. Get up, even taking some hits.. And get out..

In a basic drunken brawl.. Not going down is a major step one, your disadvantaged there and even a BJJ expert who would inflict great damage on the ground one on one loses when someones mate comes over and boots him inelegantly and basically in the head !!

Maintain situational awareness, who and what is around you, what the best exit line is..

Maintain balance.. Dont go down..

Dont ever get knocked or chocked out.. What happens to the unprotected unconscious gets deadly fast..

I won my last fight.. By about 150 meters..;)

Why cant Thai guys ever fight one-on-one? - they always need a group of guys to beat up one victim. (and usually use a stick or pole or baseball bat or taser on top of their fists and feet). they always fight so brutal and animalistic without any care of getting caught (and what their punishment would be).

they have the same mentality as the American Police!

Because they are gutless <deleted>...

This crap is why I don't go near the place.

Mind you,how would you feel with all the foreigners coming over here for cheap <deleted> of your women. Just a thought.

Tough choices.

2 very preferable over 1 but best defense would be remove yourself asap.. Get up, even taking some hits.. And get out..

In a basic drunken brawl.. Not going down is a major step one, your disadvantaged there and even a BJJ expert who would inflict great damage on the ground one on one loses when someones mate comes over and boots him inelegantly and basically in the head !!

Maintain situational awareness, who and what is around you, what the best exit line is..

Dont ever get knocked or chocked out.. What happens to the unprotected unconscious gets deadly fast..

I won my last fight.. By about 150 meters..wink.png

What about carrying pepper spray? Can you get it this from stalls on the street in pattaya etc? Or perhaps a nice taser to stun the nut jobs?

Tough choices.

What about carrying pepper spray? Can you get it this from stalls on the street in pattaya etc? Or perhaps a nice taser to stun the nut jobs?

I am told both defensive items are still illegal as weapons.. I always wonder why TVPs with no special rights or privileges carry them routinely ???

I would say.. Simply get away.. you dont need to rambo up, just use your head.. Walk away, its amazing how often that works !!

of course we don't know why these Thai guys decided to kick the sh1t out of the farangs, either way it doesn't do much for the reputation of Patong!

well hope army will do same thing with this bar or club as they did in pattaya , LUCIER CLUB was closed for 2 month by army , so that s security animal will understand how to work perfectly

last time l was in club insomnia & 2 foreigner fight for bitch , thai security know about club lucifer was closed for 2 month ,

you know what they did they mastered the two foreign and call police ( GOOD JOB )

Tough choices.

I am told both defensive items are still illegal as weapons.. I always wonder why TVPs with no special rights or privileges carry them routinely ???

I would say.. Simply get away.. you dont need to rambo up, just use your head.. Walk away, its amazing how often that works !!

Illegal or not. I would still use them. Better that than dead

Why cant Thai guys ever fight one-on-one? - they always need a group of guys to beat up one victim. (and usually use a stick or pole or baseball bat or taser on top of their fists and feet). they always fight so brutal and animalistic without any care of getting caught (and what their punishment would be).

Mind you,how would you feel with all the foreigners coming over here for cheap shagging of your women. Just a thought.

"Mind you,how would you feel with all the foreigners coming over here for cheap <deleted? of your women." - the Thai guys don't care about the <deleted> as long as their sister / girlfriend / defacto / wife passes on some of the proceeds.

Nothing to see a Thai guy on a motorbike drop his missus off for work in a bar.

this is NOT your country.....you PAY to come and get beat up.... YOU are here to exploit Thais......so YOU are not the victim...

nobody forces any of us to go to Thailand......and there are tons of these kinds of stories

this will NOT be the last story like this...

Land of Smiles.....kap kap kap

there are loads of drunken morons on holiday here too

A foul mouthed flame has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

I've seen this type of thing 100s of times over the years, most of the time the tourist has done something stupid but the beating he gets is way over the top, last year I saw a backpacker get the shit kicked out of him by about 5 Thai bouncers and bar staff, in front of his gf who was screaming, then the tuk tuk drivers just jumped In as well, I sure they didn't know what was going on just wanted a go, then 2 mins later I saw the thais running down the road after him 2 have another go, and after that they was all passing around pool balls so must have been using them, I don't what he did but It think was well over the top, these type of thais just seem to love it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Every country has it's own problems and very own kind of crooks. In Thailand at least it all is in the open as they are too lazy to camouflage things. Simply stay away from bouncers, tuk tuk drivers, taxi and mini bus drivers, kathoeys, gay areas, second floor a GO-GOs, shady karaoke places, harbor areas, etc. and absolutely avoid getting hammered to an extend you can't handle and no matter what - never use the F word!

Why haven't I been beaten up like that by any thugs in LOS in 25 years? Because I know when to duck for cover, where not to go, how to not provoke, and when to better shut the F up and simply walk. There is a good book out there titled "How to not get hit". Buy it! It's money well spent!

I am sure similar methods apply to other, even western, countries. Since we don't know what the reason for the attack was (bill dodging? calling one of the dancers a slut? using the f word the english and yanks like so much? eager to try out a new kick they learned at the farang Thai boxing camp? a bouncer simply wanting to test his new boots?) it is useless to discuss here who has been wrong and who is responsible.

Some people look for trouble, some don't simple as that!
You just said in other words; I survive Thailand because I am a coward. What a way to live
Funny I read: I survive in Thailand because I use my brain... The only way to live.

What a way to live. Always being careful. Don't upset them. Don't say that. Always smile. Is that using your brain or just being a coward?

How you can equate "keeping out of trouble" with "cowardice", I will never know.

I must be as yellow as a canary, because in my 60 years I have never been directly involved in a physical fight. I've broken a few up though. My last altercation was with an inebriated middle eastern gentleman who accused me of spilling his drink. I didn't. So, I could have been "brave" and have the situation escalate, but I decided to be a "coward" and offer to buy him a drink. We had a great conversation and parted with a smile and a handshake.

I view the use of bodily appendages to deliberately physically harm others for no reason as an extreme inability to communicate verbally, and generally serves no purpose whatsoever. Intelligence wise, it is probably on the same level as an ape. Surely we have evolved, haven't we?

I love this style of comment full of intellect and big words but short of relevance...is relevance a word ?

You guys are sooo uneducated. Fact: Bars are owned and operated by the underworld, the mafia. The mafia hires unsavory gangsters who are streetfighters. They are experienced thugs hired to "take care of business" when an unruly drugged out drunk customer gets out of line. The tourists are lucky the thugs didn't pull out a gun a pump a bullet through his head. Apparently these foreign tourists must have done something really really bad. About the part about playing fair: In USA, the police academies teach that it should never ever be a fair fight. The cops must always have the upper hand. You do not go toe to toe. Cops are paid to win. Same is true with the mafia. The thugs must insure they will win so it will always be 2 or 3 thugs on one unruly drunk tourist.

thanks for educating me

I had no idea how to survive until i read your font of knowledge

Millions of tourists visit Thailand annually.

Why doesn't millions of incidents like this occur?\

Ratio seems quite low and happens at 'seedy' areas?

Isn't it strange?

(again I am NOT justifying this behavior, but just thinking)

They fight one to one in the ring .. Foreigners get what they deserve if they cause problems in the streets . And rightly so .. If one behaves n does not disrespect the thai people or culture then this will not happen .. Be a drunken loudmouth &lt;deleted&gt; n expect a sore face .. HAHAHA .. Everybody who is honest with themselves knows Phukett is full of scum .. From every country including scum thais .. So the mix will always have this outcome .. All the times I have spent in Thailand I have never had a problem with any of them .. Germans n English people , different story , YOBS . .

They fight one to one in the ring .. Foreigners get what they deserve if they cause problems in the streets . And rightly so .. If one behaves n does not disrespect the thai people or culture then this will not happen .. Be a drunken loudmouth <deleted> n expect a sore face .. HAHAHA .. Everybody who is honest with themselves knows Phukett is full of scum .. From every country including scum thais .. So the mix will always have this outcome .. All the times I have spent in Thailand I have never had a problem with any of them .. Germans n English people , different story , YOBS . .

Did you happen to read the article?

This started in a business and there is no indication the victims started anything.

HINT: Thats the reason the bouncers were fired.

Mind you,how would you feel with all the foreigners coming over here for cheap shagging of your women. Just a thought.

"Mind you,how would you feel with all the foreigners coming over here for cheap <deleted? of your women." - the Thai guys don't care about the <deleted> as long as their sister / girlfriend / defacto / wife passes on some of the proceeds.

Nothing to see a Thai guy on a motorbike drop his missus off for work in a bar.

Really? You seem to have a keen sense of observation.

Archived