BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Phuket bouncers filmed beating up foreign tourists

Don't be deceived by these slightly built Thais in a one on one situation. Some of them are as hard as nails and move quicker than most farangs. Best not to let the drink take over your brain and walk away from possible confrontation. This advise was given to me by an Aussie boxing promoter.

The usual stupid comments from the one sided Farangs the Aussies instigated the fight FYI and it often happens

Again Thais with a short fuse, maybe, maybe not, drinking on the job.

Whatever the reason, it is a bouncers job to bounce guests from a establishment, whom not behave correctly.

Bounce, never means beatup. If a guest gets violent (usually drunk), he should be overpowered and/or removed/called police.

There is never a reason to keep om beating and kicking when somebody is down already, which here is clearly the case.

I was actually there when this happened.while the end result didnt look good,there where abt 7 of these foriegn guys being total <deleted>wits(a few steroided up),what occured prior to this wasnt very nice either

and im not sticking up for the thai guys

Someone should sponsor a Facebook page with catch words: Thailand, Travel and Tourism in the title which will come up in Internet search results the world over. Then have the content be pictures, videos and articles of all the carnage that takes place in the kingdom.

A nice project for someone to undertake.

Always the drunk farang at fault- great to see press coverage of these events in Australia warning the numerous Australian tourists that come here to be careful. In saying that, when you are attacked or set upon its often difficult to avoid such cowards and their acts.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-of-brutal-phuket-nightclub-attack-are-australians-say-police-20151008-gk4cex.html

This is Thailand. Unless you are a naive tourist, then you know what can happen if you go to a bar which employs Thai security...they get paid to kick foreign butt...supposedly only when provoked...if that helps any...

Reading the majority of the posts here, one wonders how naive could people be.

Does anyone know why this started?

Does this happen only in Thailand?

Do Thai's just choose at random some innocent tourist who are enjoying a drink and beat the living daylights out of them?

I guess this is the attitude that begets such violence.

Some people should really get off their high horse or stay

(Now, I am not justifying this behaviour, but it happens all over the world - including in the developed countries too)

Tourists still go to Phuket? Why would anyone suffer taxi mafia/jet-ski rip-off & gang violence and pay for the privilege?

Whoever shot the video was very lucky that the thugs did turn on him/her. Remember what happened to Captain Mark taking video of a beating outside Thaipan ....

I believe the poster on facebook has already removed the video as she was threatened.

As reported in Bangkok Post.

Thainess at it's finest. This should be the new TAT promo video.