BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Phuket bouncers filmed beating up foreign tourists

That sort of behavior by professional security is completely uncalled for under any circumstance. Oh, sorry... Mai Pen Rai. :-(

I'm married to a wonderful Thai lady for 30+ years (living in the US), but I've been loving LoS less and less lately for many reasons, including incidents like this. <deleted> ?!?!

Thailand is simply getting very UGLY very quickly. Do I really want to return to vacation? It's a beautiful country with mostly beautiful people, but the more posts I see here on TV, the less I want to go back.

It makes me very sad that this sort of anger and hostility (to foreigners or otherwise?) exists, and makes me fear even speaking to a Thai on the street for fear I'll say something that pisses them off enough to hurt or kill me. Sad state of affairs.

of course we don't know why these Thai guys decided to kick the sh1t out of the farangs, either way it doesn't do much for the reputation of Patong!

I never thought Patong had anything but a crap reputation.......smile.png

That sort of behavior by professional security is completely uncalled for under any circumstance. Oh, sorry... Mai Pen Rai. :-(

I'm married to a wonderful Thai lady for 30+ years (living in the US), but I've been loving LoS less and less lately for many reasons, including incidents like this. <deleted> ?!?!

Thailand is simply getting very UGLY very quickly. Do I really want to return to vacation? It's a beautiful country with mostly beautiful people, but the more posts I see here on TV, the less I want to go back.

It makes me very sad that this sort of anger and hostility (to foreigners or otherwise?) exists, and makes me fear even speaking to a Thai on the street for fear I'll say something that pisses them off enough to hurt or kill me. Sad state of affairs.

If I hear the news about the old USA it is a very dangerous place I would never consider visiting.

I can assure you as I am one that no Aussie is going to dodge Thailand because a couple of blokes got toweled up by some bouncers outside a club. Happens the world over mate blokes are punching all over Oz when they are on the turps. In this case I heard (only hearsay) that it was originally 5 on 6 and one of the Aussie lads tried to king hit one of the bouncers which is what kicked it all off. Stop bashing Thailand don't hang around seedy areas with hooker's and drugs and copious amounts of piss anywhere in the world if you find a blue a bit hard to stomach.

seedy areas with hookers and drugs and copious amounts of alcohol ? - isn't that like the entire country of thailand?

For sure not. But I do not live in a "tourist area" but a sole Thai area. After midnight, however, it becomes a little unsafe out on the soi because it is activity time for the youth motorcycle gangs sometimes settling their rivalities. หมู่หมา mu ma (group of dogs) not ma mu as one poster incorrectly stated. Upon living in the area for more than 11 years I have many Thai buddies here and so it will most likely never be one foreigner against a group of Thais in my case.

Once a youngster obviously was looking for trouble when I was riding my bike in the early evening feeding the street dogs. Within seconds a Thai guy was out of the seedy pool bar I regularly pass and asked me in Thai language whether that Thai guy was giving me trouble. I aswered that I was not really sure what he wanted. Anyway, my "guard" confronted the dude and asked him whether he was out for trouble and wanted him to shoot what obviously scared the s.hit out him. Anyway, all was settled without violence and I continued my tour while my "guard" and the dude where still discussing a little bit.

Yep, it is easy to get in trouble here at the wrong time at the wrong place and that's why I avoid wandering or biking around after midnight. Actually, I also do not see the need for this because I am in bed by then already. As per my experience after almost 16 years in the country is that 95% of the Thai people are very easy going if one plays by the rules. Foul mouthed trouble seekers, however, are absolutely not welcome in our area independant from nationality. So my Thai buddies tell me if I ever have a problem to tell them to settle it rather trying to do it myself because I am (still) a foreigner here and situations are better cleared among Thais since they are afraid I may get in serious trouble when losing my cool. Losing one's cool is always dangerous. Djai yen, the cool heart, is hence always of upper importance.

Afterall, there is no fairness in a streetfight. When getting involved in one make sure to render the opponent defenceless as quickly as one can and with all possible means one has. Failure to do so may be fatal. Adrenaline cooks high and it may take a while to get down possibly resulting in some unnecessary punches and kicks.

Thailand can be very safe but only if one plays by the rules. Remember, even the best streetfighter may be taken out of the game in a flash. By a piece of lead or a blade. There ain't no rules in a streetfight. Therefore, don't be an a.sshole in your own interest. Nowhere. whistling.gif

Wonder why the guys attacked haven't filed a complaint...

After being filmed and losing their jobs.....if the Aussies filed a complaint most likely all hell would break loose......better just to put up and shut up......pack up and go to the Phils!

....'claim' and 'allege'........&lt;deleted&gt; you....

...and if it was a fair fight at all....and the foreigners fought back....'They started it'....

I had a short arse bouncer deliberately knock into me in Hollywood one night - just looking to make trouble - it is their hobby. I am 6ft 5in and let it go. They know they are protected by their contacts and other scum that permeate the industry.

Yes Thais are not men they need 5 LOL

Muay Thai my ass... They cant box chocolates without supervision

maybe the falang did bad but its not there job to gang bash. They are weak and have no balls and I would like 1 per time on invitation

Every country has it's own problems and very own kind of crooks. In Thailand at least it all is in the open as they are too lazy to camouflage things. Simply stay away from bouncers, tuk tuk drivers, taxi and mini bus drivers, kathoeys, gay areas, second floor a GO-GOs, shady karaoke places, harbor areas, etc. and absolutely avoid getting hammered to an extend you can't handle and no matter what - never use the F word!

Why haven't I been beaten up like that by any thugs in LOS in 25 years? Because I know when to duck for cover, where not to go, how to not provoke, and when to better shut the F up and simply walk. There is a good book out there titled "How to not get hit". Buy it! It's money well spent!

I am sure similar methods apply to other, even western, countries. Since we don't know what the reason for the attack was (bill dodging? calling one of the dancers a slut? using the f word the english and yanks like so much? eager to try out a new kick they learned at the farang Thai boxing camp? a bouncer simply wanting to test his new boots?) it is useless to discuss here who has been wrong and who is responsible.

Some people look for trouble, some don't simple as that!

I had a short arse bouncer deliberately knock into me in Hollywood one night - just looking to make trouble - it is their hobby. I am 6ft 5in and let it go. They know they are protected by their contacts and other scum that permeate the industry.

They only think they are protected never let it slide &lt;deleted&gt; him... They are weak all mouth and I never let them get over me. I not do in my country why I do here.

...how about aggravated assault...or attempted murder....

...and to pretend it has nothing to do with race is infantile....

Well, who knows what the farangs did to provoke their ass kicking. I've seen a lot of idiot farangs - as we all have. Of course that doesn't justify violence, especially like this. I guess they were so drunk they couldn't fight back and defend themselves?

On the other hand, I've seen overzealous bouncers in Khao Sahn restaurant/bar back in the day start to kick the shit out of a drunk, defenseless farang - several on one guy - until one person stood up and said in Thai "Yoot!". That was me. A little dangerous, but it stopped the guy from going to the hospital over some stupid thing. Mai dee.

One would expect bouncers employed by an entertainment establishment to act professionally and use minimal force (if any), even when under provocation, to evict any unruly patrons.

Obviously this was not the case here, where the bouncers' lack of anger management skills and thug temperament got the better of them. Very unprofessional and should be sacked.

People take that job because they like to get into fights. I definitely don't expect them to restrain themselves from force. I think they are happy to fight anyone, but surely there is something more tasty about punching a farang. There is little fear of follow-up revenge, or striking someone who might have a father in a position to take revenge.

An off topic post has been removed. This is not about illegal gun violence in the Philippines.

If I hear the news about the old USA it is a very dangerous place I would never consider visiting.

Point well taken. Yes, the US has MANY issues - not denying that.

Maybe off topic, but...

The problem I see is that this sort of incident "might have been" exacerbated by wide spread Thai racism, lack of proper Police intervention, and lack of language difference tolerance.

If these Thai bouncers had reason to eject this guy, there was no reason that a proper Buddhist (or any compassionate human) would treat any person to that sort of pain and injustice.