how work these true move Wi-Fi hot-spot?

VIPinthailand

Its an area where you can connect to the "free" wi-fi service (internet|) provided by True.

In my experience, because its free, and therefore busy,it usually extremely slow and not much use.

Better off using your own data package, of which there are plenty of varieties available from True, much better, faster and certainly more secure than "open" wi-fi network.

OP, it depends on what kind of service or plan you have on your True Move H SIM card account.

But in general, for those using a True Move H SIM in their device, you connect to a .@truemoveh Wifi SSID from the Wifi menu on your device by selecting that SSID.

Doing that will bring up a prompt message on your device to open a browser window. When you do that, it will automatically take you to a True Wifi log-in webpage.

There, you use your True Move H phone number as your ID and then a 4-digit number True will send you by SMS as your wifi password. Click the checkbox on the page to SAVE your login info so you don't have to manually re-enter it every time. Then click the colored box that says LOG IN.

I say it depends on the package you have on your True Move H SIM, because they don't all AFAIK automatically come provisioned for wifi. Wifi may be an included part of your True Move H package, or if it's not, you can choose to add wifi for a certain amount paid monthly.

Coincidentally, I was talking on the phone today with True Move H customer service about their wifi offerings, specifically, because when I'm out around town, I tend to see two different wifi SSIDs from True: one .@ truemoveh, and the other, .@ TRUEWIFI. And I wanted to know what I had access to, and what the difference between the two is, if any.

The answer the True Move H CSR provided was, anyone with wifi access thru True should be able to access either one of those SSID with their True wifi ID and password. The rep claimed the .@ truemoveh SSID supports automatic log-in, while he said the .@ TRUEWIFI SSID will always require the browser log-in. Dunno if that's correct, but that's what the guy claimed.

Coincidentally, I was talking on the phone today with True Move H customer service about their wifi offerings, specifically, because when I'm out around town, I tend to see two different wifi SSIDs from True: one .@ truemoveh, and the other, .@ TRUEWIFI. And I wanted to know what I had access to, and what the difference between the two is, if any.

The answer the True Move H CSR provided was, anyone with wifi access thru True should be able to access either one of those SSID with their True wifi ID and password. The rep claimed the .@ truemoveh SSID supports automatic log-in, while he said the .@ TRUEWIFI SSID will always require the browser log-in. Dunno if that's correct, but that's what the guy claimed.

Thanks for that info, TallGuy. I always wondered about the two SSIDs as well. One of them I automatically get logged on, but the other one not, and I can never remember which is which. I've never had a browser automatically pop up to log in on the one that doesn't auto-logon, though. Next time, I'll try opening a browser and see if I can proceed that way.

And this may have changed, but several years ago when I switched to TrueMove (from DTAC), they had to manually enter my info into the TrueMove system to enable auto-logon. Before they did that, I was required to enter my ID and password.

[edited to add:]

Back those several years ago when they entered the data to let my phone auto-logon, they said that once they did that I could only log on with that phone, i.e. it apparently was linked to the IMEI number. However, if I wanted to be able to use the TrueMove WiFi with other devices, I shouldn't have them enter my info to permit auto-logon with my phone.

I think it doesn't work on my true move H sim card because it's a tourist sim card.

the Web site says you have 30 min for free. I received the 4 number through text, entered my phone number, and got the connection at a Wi-Fi hot-spot.

after a few seconds I quit and check the sold and saw that I was charged 20 bahts.

all I can say is that there is no 30 minutes free.

I think it doesn't work on my true move H sim card because it's a tourist sim card.

the Web site says you have 30 min for free. I received the 4 number through text, entered my phone number, and got the connection at a Wi-Fi hot-spot.

after a few seconds I quit and check the sold and saw that I was charged 20 bahts.

all I can say is that there is no 30 minutes free.

Were you following the directions for WiFi by TrueMoveH ?

Not sure why you would have a 20 baht charge for WiFi, as it doesn't work that way.

In my original response I linked to a TrueMoveH page that says:

TrueMoveH customers enjoy WiFi... Free!

PostPaid Customer

Unlimited WiFi

SSID: .@ truemoveH

PrePaid Customers

15 Hrs / Month... FREE!
(30 Minutes / day)

SSID: .@ TRUEWIFI

...otherwise PrePay customers can prepay 39, 59 or 100 baht deducted from SIM account balance for a 1, 7 or 30 day TrueWiFi validity.

I would suggest disabling Data Internet on the phone when testing the WiFi Connection, especially if you don't already have a 3G/4G Data Plan subscription in place.

BTW, this isn't associated with the Ministry of ICT Free WiFi government initiative that Jiu-Jitsu kindly linked to.

In my original response I linked to a TrueMoveH page that says:

TrueMoveH customers enjoy WiFi... Free!

PostPaid Customer

Unlimited WiFi

SSID: .@ truemoveH

PrePaid Customers

15 Hrs / Month... FREE!

(30 Minutes / day)

SSID: .@ TRUEWIFI

...otherwise PrePay customers can prepay 39, 59 or 100 baht deducted from SIM account balance for a 1, 7 or 30 day TrueWiFi validity.

I would suggest disabling Data Internet on the phone when testing the WiFi Connection, especially if you don't already have a 3G/4G Data Plan subscription in place.

BTW, this isn't associated with the Ministry of ICT Free WiFi government initiative that Jiu-Jitsu kindly linked to.

If the OP had bothered to click through my links, he would have seen the three offered options.

must I change of sim card to get these free 30 minutes ?

No. You need to read through my links or at least to follow the instruction that has been supplied to you.

Did you log in via the True browser webpage or not? You need to do that using mobile number and the password that you receive.

To be honest, I think that you should just pay 107 baht for unlimited usage, as anything else appears to escape you.

Look here for the unlimited package.

must I change of sim card to get these free 30 minutes ?

WiFi is a separate service from Voice/Data, but since it's an integrated part of your mobile device the mobile carrier/provider will either offer a bundled package (Voice/Data/WiFi) subscription or, as a convenience, let you pay for the separate WiFi subscription from your PrePay mobile account.

Once you have been issued a WiFi PIN you can use ANY SINGLE WIFI DEVICE to connect to the preferred WiFi SSID and log in with your phone/pin.

ok it worked... but I need to always log in. and it s slow.... very slow to a point it's unusable.

I will stay on the 3g I think. they offer 100meg for 9 bahts a day.

If cash is tight, look here and/or here
so the cheapest for 1 Month is the offer at 199 bahts? .

I understand that when I reach the maximum data, the connection become slow but I can still use the service.

I just want use my phone for text, and email. 2 g will be enough? can you keep your phone all day on 2g or 3 g or does it use lot of battery.

I use my phone only to call or on the Wi-Fi.

ok it worked... but I need to always log in. and it s slow.... very slow to a point it's unusable.

I will stay on the 3g I think. they offer 100meg for 9 bahts a day.

If cash is tight, look here and/or here
so the cheapest for 1 Month is the offer at 199 bahts? .

I understand that when I reach the maximum data, the connection become slow but I can still use the service.

I just want use my phone for text, and email. 2 g will be enough? can you keep your phone all day on 2g or 3 g or does it use lot of battery.

I use my phone only to call or on the Wi-Fi.

214 baht inc of VAT for 1GB of data. *900*1801#tel_icon.png

You also get unlimited WiFi access with the package at any of their hotspots.

To acquire WiFi password dial *871*4#tel_icon.png (Toll Free)

• 11 months later...

Archived