Verifying A Degree

wild_mood

the uni. I went to has been closed recently. How can I verify my degree when asked?

will the originals be enough? I mean the originals are so much different than degrees from KSR, so it should be at least enough to prove that you did not buy your degree there. Any ideas?

I have had my work permit for over two years (no TL - gov. school). Do you have to get it veryfied again when you are already in the system?

the uni. I went to has been closed recently. How can I verify my degree when asked?

will the originals be enough? I mean the originals are so much different than degrees from KSR, so it should be at least enough to prove that you did not buy your degree there. Any ideas?

I have had my work permit for over two years (no TL - gov. school). Do you have to get it veryfied again when you are already in the system?

Trancripts.

What's the name of your uni, that closed very recently?

a privte uni in Eastern Europe. as far as my school is concrned they have no problems. whay worries me is this new regulation which i wrote about in another topic. if they start checking it again they i will have a hard time verifying my papers.

anyways, i have all my transcripts with me, and as i said i have been in the system for over 2 yers so maybe there is nothing to worry about

my question is:

if I am already in the system, is anyone going to bother to verify my degree again?

from what i've heard as long as you work for one school, you simply extend your visa and work permit and the probability that sb verifies ur degree are minimal.

I had a guy apply for a job with us, he gave me a CD Rom with scans of his certificates, his degree was from the Uni of Queensland, he was from The US, during the interview I asked him about Townsville, he had never heard of the place NEXT!!

Even the presence of transcripts is not proof that the degree is legit. I think that is just an extra cost option for most KSR 'retailers'.

We had a teacher at our school who we found with a fake degree. The university denied ever issuing his degree. Apparently he could have gotten 'transcripts' from his 'mum' in a few days.

lost_in_isaan i doagree with you that you can buy transcripts on KSR for a couple of thousand or so. However I think they look different then original transcripts.

I have seen some degrees from KSR and they looked much different than real degrees (at least they looked different than mine). IMO sb who has ever seen real degree will have no problems with identifying "KSR University" degrees.

I had a guy apply for a job with us, he gave me a CD Rom with scans of his certificates, his degree was from the Uni of Queensland, he was from The US, during the interview I asked him about Townsville, he had never heard of the place NEXT!!

Loaded -- Well done of course you were only checking his knowledge of geography seeing that the Uni in Townsville is James Cook or did you mean to say Rockhampton ( clue Capricornia ring any bells)? :o

Edited by mijan24

Loaded -- Well done of course you were only checking his knowledge of geography seeing that the Uni in Townsville is James Cook or did you mean to say Rockhampton ( clue Capricornia ring any bells)? :o

I've got no idea where the uni of queensland is but I thought after spending 3 or 4 years in queensland he'd at least know a little bit about surrounding towns. I remember nearly taking a surveying job offer in Townsville when I was in OZ on the under 26 work visa thing. That was until the guys I was going to share a tent with in the outback for 3 months started telling stories of how they have wanking contests into glasses and the last one to finish has to drink the lot. Grape picking sounded safer.

Edited by Loaded

I've got no idea where the uni of queensland is but I thought after spending 3 or 4 years in queensland he'd at least know a little bit about surrounding towns. I remember nearly taking a surveying job offer in Townsville when I was in OZ on the under 26 work visa thing. That was until the guys I was going to share a tent with in the outback for 3 months started telling stories of how they have wanking contests into glasses and the last one to finish has to drink the lot. Grape picking sounded safer.

Loaded your not the same under 26er they sold the harbour bridge too?? :D

Townsville is approx 1700 kms north of Brisbane, not quite a surrounding town, actually the unofficial capital of North Queensland (which is a different world altogether)

Study_Abroad_prospectus___Study_Abroad_at_The_University_of_Queensland.htm

Edited by mijan24

Loaded your not the same under 26er they sold the harbour bridge too?? :D

Townsville is approx 1700 kms north of Brisbane, not quite a surrounding town, actually the unofficial capital of North Queensland (which is a different world altogether)

Australia is all the same to me - creepy crawlyville

lost_in_isaan i doagree with you that you can buy transcripts on KSR for a couple of thousand or so. However I think they look different then original transcripts.

I have seen some degrees from KSR and they looked much different than real degrees (at least they looked different than mine). IMO sb who has ever seen real degree will have no problems with identifying "KSR University" degrees.

Real transcripts I've gotten in the past come in a sealed envelope that should only be opened by the alumi or the prospective employer. It's gotta be hard to copy that! :o

^Yup. Have a stack from my previous universities, sealed and unopened. Technically, the strictest institutions will also insist that the transcripts be mailed to them unopened by registered mail from the institution itself. Most of the real ones will also be printed on paper with holograms & special backgrounds that don't photocopy well, or when photocopied have a "copy, not original" message appear on the copy.

But that doesn't help if your uni goes out of business. That's gotta be a nightmare- spend all that time and money, and then the institution itself fails- an argument for making sure you go to really, really big and well-established & funded unis.

"Steven"

For U.K citizens, verification of your degree can only be obtained by your written consent. If you have nothing to hide then just sign along the dotted lines....simple as that! Getting your degree 'notarized' by the Brit Embassy in Thailand is NOT the same thing.