Name this cover plant

Hi, a few houses in my moo baan have this outside the wall in front of the street. It seems to keep the weeds down and you can boil it and drink the liquid. A neighbor lady told me that. The language barrier was there but I gleaned this: sun dry/wilt for three days, then boil for five minutes, cool, and drink. I tried it and it tastes pretty good. She said something about regulating blood sugar.

post-42889-0-92059800-1444487158_thumb.j

post-42889-0-79946500-1444487180_thumb.j

From Wiki--Sphagneticola trilobata, commonly known as the Singapore Daisy, Creeping-oxeye, Trailing Daisy, and Wedelia.[3][4] is a plant in the Heliantheae tribe of the Asteraceae (sunflower) family. It is native to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, but now grows throughout the Neotropics. It is widely cultivated as an ornamental groundcover.[

Way to go sleep walker. Up all night searching plant IDs. Don't you love it when you can answer your own question. It could have ended there, but I wanted to let you know the ID is appreciated. I've seen it, but didn't know what it was named or where it came from. Thanks for that. Now get some sleep.

Dr. Tree Love--Truth be told, I owe the ID to the FB group, "Botanical Chiang Mai". Did you know there is a FB group for everything now? New groups are sprouting like weeds in my back yard.

AyG--Thank you for the warning. Noted. I love the idea of putting it only in the front strip outside my wall because it will be surrounded by concrete but now I know I'll need to be careful with the cuttings. I mainly just want something low maintenance out there which would be better than the mess of weeds I constantly have to do battle with now. It looks nice enough and being able to consume it is a huge bonus.

After the neighborhood lady, who lives on the other side of the river in our moo baan, pointed this plant out to me, I walked home with my dog and discovered it in front of my own house. It is growing on a pile of fill dirt taken from a house on my street that was torn down. I asked for some of the extra dirt and got lazy and let it sit for a long time and this plant out competed everything else. But I kept watering it during the dry season last year so that I could shovel it up but didn't quite finish the job.

Archived