BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lite Beer

Two dead in police chase, angry mob of people protest in Thalang

Two dead in police chase, angry mob of people protest in Thalang
Eakkapop Thongtub

1444487391_1.jpg

Phuket Governor Chamreon Tipayapongthada is currently investigating the incident

PHUKET: Two men were killed earlier today (October 10) in a police chase which took place in Thalang

Phuket Governor Chamreon Tipayapongthada is currently investigating the alleged deadly police chase that claimed the lives of two people, which led to a mob of angry residents led by the victim's parents, group together at Thalang police station demanding justice and explanation.

The two victims, Prathomwat Panarak, 22, and a 17-year-old whose name has been withheld, were allegedly chased by another patrol car which caused them to crash their motorbike on Tonsai Waterfall Rd in Thalang.

Thalang Police Lt Col Amnoy Kraiwuttianan explained that the two men were drug suspects and were speeding when they spotted a patrol police on Thepkasstri Rd near the airport. The patrol officers chased them down the road and asked them to pull over but they refused and carried on.

The motorbike lost control and slammed head on into another oncoming patrol car near the entrance of Tonsai Waterfall Rd. The crash impact left both victims with severe head injuries and were both pronounced dead upon arrival at Thalang Hospital.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-dead-in-police-chase-angry-mob-of-people-protest-in-thalang-54492.php#sthash.NIEIiUbs.dpuf

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-10

UPDATE

Speed kills........

Why did they not stop, ??? Maybe guilty of being Drug Suspects.....

Sad waste of life 17 and 22 ....

Seems like a very convenient excuse for the cops. Drug war claims more victims. Pathetic

RIP, young men. But why didn't they stop?

Maybe they did not wear helmets and could not afford to pay 300 baht - a day's wages?

Maybe they did not wear helmets and could not afford to pay 300 baht - a day's wages?

That just cost them more than day's wages then.

The motorbike lost control and slammed head on into another oncoming patrol car near the entrance of Tonsai Waterfall Rd.

Please forgive me for being the 'forever pessimist'. Maybe the villagers are upset because they thought (not me) the BIB rammed the motorbike head-on and killed these young men. The young men were probably bad eggs but what is the function of a police force?

Some one is lying about what actually happened and dead men can't tell tales.

How can anyone know what happened other than the police? I don't expect the villagers were at the scene. Jeez.

700 army and police troops coming to the site.

2 cars has been burned

Rumours about curfew in Thalang.

That just cost them more than day's wages then.

Very true.

But my point is that at present we do not know the facts.

The BiB told their story, but there could be a different story.

It is a sad fact that BiB stories have to be mistrusted....

They still didn't stop. My wife and I returned to our hotel tonight due to the rain. Not worth the risk as well as the nutters on LOS roads.

We all have choices.

2 cars has been burned

Where is this info from? ( EDIT OK Phuket Wan ) PW is reporting the governor has done nothing, Phuket News reports he was there earlier today with a picture.

2 cars has been burned

Where is this info from? Are you there?

Twitter, phuketwan, thaibps

I was thinking of going there, but the situation might escalate to quite bad.

How can anyone know what happened other than the police? I don't expect the villagers were at the scene. Jeez.

Very true again.

And you trust the BiB?