Two dead in police chase, angry mob of people protest in Thalang

Lite Beer

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thalang is a ghetto..... almost to the man in Thalang everyone has been in prison at some time in his life. From drug dealers to high interest money-lenders thugs, nearly all the jet-ski bike scammers , etc,etc....Old uncle Tom Cobley and all.... Teachers refuse to work there, paramedics are reluctant to drive there... But apart from that it's not a bad place , accommodation is very cheap... and you can have a real fire in your house...

RIP to the youngsters, but a couple of helmets would not have gone amiss....

I find it interesting that so many posts act like this just happens in Thailand, and not in their home countries.

That has to be sarcasm ???

Police firing guns in the street and hitting bystanders ?? Not with any regularity (not being american).

Police killing people in wild street chases done by police with no driver education or training ??

700 strong mobs smashing up police stations ??

Cops cowering in fear upstairs while vehicles get burned ??

No.. This doesnt happen in the country who issues me my passport.. If it happens in yours I wonder where you come from.

While I do not condone the mob riot, I also do not care for the police action that led to the deaths

of two low level drug dealers. While you get a slap on the wrist and suspended sentence for

reckless driving causing death, and not much more for "accidently" killing a innocent bystander in

a shootout you get serious time for a few having a few yaba tablets. These two were not escaping

an armed robbery where someone had been shot, they were running from police with a small

quantity of drugs. (that is if the drugs were not planted after the fact) This is an over the top police

action followed by a to be expected reaction by the public. The police are certainly not bastions

of integrity so they reap what they sow as far as I am concerned. coffee1.gif

Seems as though the locals are acting like ''Animals''.., which is not really a suprise, giving the general ''IQ'' .....

What they are doing won't bring justice, if the Kids sped away , they must of for a reason..

If you treat people like animals, they act like animals. This country is on a knife edge, my fear the fuse has been lit and this will escalate.

What is going on, do not any of you realize what has happened here? Police drove into these 2 kids with their car effectively using it to kill them! The police should not be allowed to get away with outright murder, so sad to see this on a Sunday morning!

You saw this first hand !!! The whole thing from start to finish?? If so ok if not don't speculate on your interpretation till the facts come out

Do believe it is mentioned in the news article above your post.

A small flavor of what was happening a decade ago during the so called War on Drugs in Thailand. Police were authorized to use deadly force and over 2000 people ended up dead as a result.

Yes and unfortunately, because of the indiscriminate use of force, quite a lot were innocent victims with no involvement with drugs.

What is going on, do not any of you realize what has happened here? Police drove into these 2 kids with their car effectively using it to kill them! The police should not be allowed to get away with outright murder, so sad to see this on a Sunday morning!

Yes the rioting was much more civil. Justice served.

Hmmmmm.....I like the thought of the public at large, in mass, standing up to a corrupted police force while displaying valid grievances......however....trashing the police station and burning government vehicles are not warranted and this will not end well.

Meantime.....drug dealers fleeing from the police are more or less routine while the 2 suspects are not the first to die resisting arrest and will not be the last while the police have the law on their side....corrupted or not.

If the suspects had not resisted arrest and had not fled like the small time criminals they were ( RIP ) then they would still be alive...although both sides have to accept a degree of accountability and responsibility for their actions ending in a otherwise avoidable calamity.

I would surmise this incident reveals the depth of the local peoples pent up frustrations while displaying the degree of loathing the locals have for the police force in their area.

Cheers

The motorbike lost control and slammed head on into another oncoming patrol car near the entrance of Tonsai Waterfall Rd.

Please forgive me for being the 'forever pessimist'. Maybe the villagers are upset because they thought (not me) the BIB rammed the motorbike head-on and killed these young men. The young men were probably bad eggs but what is the function of a police force?

Some one is lying about what actually happened and dead men can't tell tales.

I stand corrected after seeing the FB footage. Not the cops fault in this case.

Doesn't change my contempt for the BIB however. Pay money, then can deal. No kickbacks - then enforcement of the applicable law. You reap what you sow BIB.

Interesting that the BP report on this states that the two that died sped past a police checkpoint - were these checkpoints not stopped nationwide on Thursday?

Unauthorised checkpoints are outlawed, but

"From now on, he (Pol Lt-Gen Prawut) said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector and there must be a clearly visible sign to show the existence of the roadblock. Also, their superiors must be informed about the whereabouts of the roadblocks and what kind of roadblocks they are."

Absolutely right! It was excessive force in the extreme. Not even close to proportional to the crime being committed.

Making assumptions again I read quite clearly they lost control and ploughed into police car so is was them you refer to using extreme force against police yes

the fact that these didnt stop and then drugs were found ion them after the accident says it all. The parents should be tossed into jail for instigating the riot, they would have known their kids were guilty but like many they refuse to accept the fact they were in the wrong. All this does is show the total lack of respect for the laws of the land by the thai people, they simply are unable to accept anything other than what they want to, they think the law doesnt apply to them. These people need to be charged with big fines for all this crap, there kids were druggies and have no sympathy from me, they chose what they did and it simply didnt work for them. I am aware the police here can be suspect but the locals arent much better, anything to make a dollar is fine with many then as we have seen before when they are caught they want some sort of compensation to stop doing it, these two just got more than they bargained for though.

Interesting that the BP report on this states that the two that died sped past a police checkpoint - were these checkpoints not stopped nationwide on Thursday?

Unauthorised checkpoints are outlawed, but

"From now on, he (Pol Lt-Gen Prawut) said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector and there must be a clearly visible sign to show the existence of the roadblock. Also, their superiors must be informed about the whereabouts of the roadblocks and what kind of roadblocks they are."

One of the transferred officers was a Pol Lt - is that inspector rank?

Would hate to think this happenned in contravention of a specific police order....

The motorcycle crash can been seen here

https://www.facebook.com/natapolphuket/videos/1069839336368108/

Many links to other videos from here. Looks like youth motorcycle gangs gone wild.

In typical Thai police style, seems they tried to kick the scooter over. Not good...

Edit: and in typical Thai scooter style, no helmets....

I watched it live on Thai TV last night (was looking for some international footy matches). Saw the Molotov cocktails flying thru the air, the large mob, burning cars. This was no small protest. Maybe Nation and Post afraid to cover because might damage Thailand's image?

More likely ordered not to!!!

Seems as though the locals are acting like ''Animals''.., which is not really a suprise, giving the general ''IQ'' .....

What they are doing won't bring justice, if the Kids sped away , they must of for a reason..

Those "animals" might have saved up anger over years of extortions and injustice.

The kids indeed sped away for a reason - but we don't know what reason.

PS Thais do not lack in IQ, as there are no differences in IQ between races.

EQ, emotional intelligence, now that is a different story - EQ is determined by education and culture.

First

No evidence to suggest the kids did anything, police might have just rammed and killed them because the police were drunk, then chucked a few drugs on the ground and lied about the chase. Thai police aren't exactly trustworthy.

Thai people don't usually riot over police killing drug dealers, something stinks about this.

Second

IQ tests suggest the average Thai IQ is 10 points lover than the average Euro IQ. Notto mention Cambodia is another 10 points less (probably not recovered from Pol Pot killing the intelligent).

I find it interesting that so many posts act like this just happens in Thailand, and not in their home countries.

That has to be sarcasm ???

Police firing guns in the street and hitting bystanders ?? Not with any regularity (not being american).

Police killing people in wild street chases done by police with no driver education or training ??

700 strong mobs smashing up police stations ??

Cops cowering in fear upstairs while vehicles get burned ??

No.. This doesnt happen in the country who issues me my passport.. If it happens in yours I wonder where you come from.

My passport is from Australia and off the top of my head i recall 2 incedents one in redfern and one in macquarie fields of riots after fatal police chases

the fact that these didnt stop and then drugs were found ion them after the accident says it all. The parents should be tossed into jail for instigating the riot,

"The fact" ...... how do you know any facts?

You only know what the police have said.

The same police who tell you the Burmese accused of killing Hannah are guilty.

We have no facts, except two young Thais have been killed by the police.

Everything else is speculation.

Riots rarely happen over criminals being killed or injured, so why is this happening?.

It's happening because the locals know the truth.

Archived