'Not one of us threw a punch': Aussie tourist speaks out over brutal attack by Thai bouncers

Jonathan Fairfield

Theres more then that, read the article. And as I said it doesn't matter, they were not violent, they didn't attack anyone and according to the guys assaulted "they didnt throw a single punch".

Whatever they did the bouncers actions were wrong, it really is that simple. you do not need to overthink it.

Sorry, no, there is no more than that in the article.

As I said myself, thanks for confirming again, there is no excuse for what the bouncers did. But that does not mean I'd not like to know. A post made by somebody else here earlier (obnoxious behaviour, removing shirt) seems quite likely.

Not interested in getting into a pointless argument stevenl, but it seems you have already made up your mind that the tourists who copped a beating caused it. Not sure if you are naturally defensive when it comes to Thai bouncers, or critical of Aussie tourists. I must say both parties have bad reputations when it comes to bar-room brawls, and I am an Australian.

One thing for sure, you and I will never know the truth, because neither of us were there. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres more then that, read the article. And as I said it doesn't matter, they were not violent, they didn't attack anyone and according to the guys assaulted "they didnt throw a single punch".

Whatever they did the bouncers actions were wrong, it really is that simple. you do not need to overthink it.

As I said myself, thanks for confirming again, there is no excuse for what the bouncers did. But that does not mean I'd not like to know. A post made by somebody else here earlier (obnoxious behaviour, removing shirt) seems quite likely.

Not interested in getting into a pointless argument stevenl, but it seems you have already made up your mind that the tourists who copped a beating caused it. Not sure if you are naturally defensive when it comes to Thai bouncers, or critical of Aussie tourists. I must say both parties have bad reputations when it comes to bar-room brawls, and I am an Australian.

One thing for sure, you and I will never know the truth, because neither of us were there. thumbsup.gif

As I stated a few times already: there is no excuse for the bouncers' actions. So no, I am not blaming the tourists. But I am curious and would like to know what happened before the beating. And that is not answered in the article.

These young kids protecting the business are dealing with hundreds of complete morons everyday, these 5 made them go overboard and they lost control. Shit happens. I dont condone it but i dont make a big deal of it because im not retarded enough even on 10 beers + yaba + coke+ whatever else you can throw at me to ever be a big enough to ever make people lose control and if you are able to make people that angry you should learn to deal with the consequences on your own or move back to nanny-states where you'll be protected even though you don't deserve to be part of society.

To 'make someone lose control' ???

Sorry thats the standard blame the victim, she was raped because she was wearing a short skirt analogy.

We are responsible for our own actions.. These men were paid to provide security.. That security is for the patrons as well as the owners of the bar. It is their job to diffuse aggression.. To prevent and restrain violence. It is their job not to 'lose control' that is precisely what they are supposed to be doing.

A surgeon's job is to save lives, sometimes they are over worked and kill their patients with very stupid mistakes.

When that happens are you going to blame the whole country for being dogshits? No, accidents happen in every profession.

Also if you look athe video again, no one is kicking the head, just the upper body and the guy is not lying down hes falling and getting back up right away.

Mildura lads?

Guessing Aussie rules end of season trip.

As Aaron says in the article, no real damage done...a few bruises and split lips.

They would cop more damage playing footy.

Imagine if it was a load of Pommy soccer pansies...my god...womans weekly would have conniptions.

As I stated a few times already: there is no excuse for the bouncers' actions. So no, I am not blaming the tourists. But I am curious and would like to know what happened before the beating. And that is not answered in the article.

Yes it is. One of the group removed a shirt and was kicked out. Thats what happened.

Yes it is. One of the group removed a shirt and was kicked out. Thats what happened.

One of them removed his shirt and was kicked out together with his mate. The other 2 were standing on the stairs to the VIP room. That is what is mentioned in the article.

What I would like to know is what happened before that time. Were they normal, fun loving Australians, having a good time, not harassing anybody, or were they, as stated by another poster, showing obnoxious behaviour towards other guests and the staff all evening? Were they warned before this incident? Was their a discussion about the free promo? Were they totally out of their mind drunk or were they tipsy?

That is the question asked by another poster, to which people said: read the article. But sorry, that question is not answered in the article.

Just to be clear, because for some reason people seem seem to overlook what I stated already quite a few times: If they were drunk and obnoxious etc. that would not excuse the bouncers.

Something must have been done or said prior to the event

Read the actual report, they were causing chaos everywhere drunken A holes.. Refusing to pay for drinks they bought... Did not throw a punch, because they are weak drunken morons...

Come to Australia and do the same.. Im guessing why these 6 week morons didnt throw a punch, knowing what will happen.. And no it wasnt good what security did, but these morons were causing issues all over the place....

Fun loving is one thing, but show respect....

Read the actual report, they were causing chaos everywhere drunken A holes.. Refusing to pay for drinks they bought... Did not throw a punch, because they are weak drunken morons...

What report?

Why would they pay for drinks when the drinks were free, part of the entrance fee.

What report?

Why would they pay for drinks when the drinks were free, part of the entrance fee.

My god. Please show me this report ....

I'm sock of hearing about these murders. Robberies. Drowning's. Every single <deleted> day dy cowards who stack visitors to their country. Even most I have spoke with do not like this crime tarnishing the name of their country. Far past time to Boycott world wide the travel destination of Pukett. But by the looks of their decreasing visitor numbers they will ban themselves also In the day if the information age this can literally happen overnight.

You forgot, suicides from balconies over 3 levels, jet ski scams, tuk tuk, taxi scams,

girlfriend robbing the white guy, any more fellas.

Where is this "actual report" that says they "were causing chaos everywhere drunken A holes.. Refusing to pay for drinks they bought"

and just do you know that they - "Did not throw a punch, because they are weak drunken morons", or do you just have a vivid imagination ?

It is about time these major clubs start to employ international bouncers who are trained to defuse a fight without using strong arm tactics, most of the Thai bouncers are just thugs with mafia connections and it is the only reason they get the jobs, they don't go through any kind of training.

It's always the case afterwards that they were the victims... why don't you tell us the chain of events prior to the bashing so all of us here will have an idea why u got your head kicked in.

From which point of view would you like clarification,the Thai or the tourists.I think we can pre determine the Thai point of view which suits many of the Quislings on here.

Quisling. " A traitor who cooperates with an enemy force occupying their country". How do you fit TV posters into the definition?

A few Aussie countrymen that were pissed, did not understand that you don't take your shirts off, not pay proper respect to authority. I obey the cultural norms, I try to be patient, think about Thai face and never create a situation where you may incite violence from our hosts. These Aussies were not capable of throwing a punch and they may thank themselves for that. I say, respect the country you are in and try not to behave like a bogan. You do not deserve to be let out of Australia. Instead, go to Kings Cross in Sydney and see how the bouncers treat you there.

A few Aussie countrymen that were pissed, did not understand that you don't take your shirts off, not pay proper respect to authority. I obey the cultural norms, I try to be patient, think about Thai face and never create a situation where you may incite violence from our hosts. These Aussies were not capable of throwing a punch and they may thank themselves for that. I say, respect the country you are in and try not to behave like a bogan. You do not deserve to be let out of Australia. Instead, go to Kings Cross in Sydney and see how the bouncers treat you there.

Any bouncer in Oz caught doing what these thugs did would be in jail. The laws in Oz regarding this is specific and harsh.

Thats the difference.

They had purchased free flow tickets.. Your believing a lie.

Mildura lads?

Guessing Aussie rules end of season trip.

As Aaron says in the article, no real damage done...a few bruises and split lips.

They would cop more damage playing footy.

Imagine if it was a load of Pommy soccer pansies...my god...womans weekly would have conniptions.

I just asked my TW if she every had conniptions , she said " Shut up ferlung " So it looks like I will have to look it up.

English bouncers used to be iron-pumping thugs on steroids who caused more trouble than they prevented. After a law was passed that they had to be licensed, the violence dropped dramatically. Part of getting a licence was a conflict resolution course, which they had to pass, not just attend. Now being a doorman is a fairly respectable job, although having a few rippling muscles probably doesn't hurt. Can't see it happening here though.

It's always the case afterwards that they were the victims... why don't you tell us the chain of events prior to the bashing so all of us here will have an idea why u got your head kicked in.

From which point of view would you like clarification,the Thai or the tourists.I think we can pre determine the Thai point of view which suits many of the Quislings on here.

Quisling. " A traitor who cooperates with an enemy force occupying their country". How do you fit TV posters into the definition?

Maybe he is a pretty handy Scrabble player and he has a knack with words ! whistling.gif

Maybe he is a pretty handy Scrabble player and he has a knack with words ! whistling.gif

LOL. But with the English state schools now only a gnats better than Thai, many would probably guess that a Quisling was from a small African country called Quislingia, formerly British Quislingerland.

★★★★★¯`'•.¸(¯`'•. ¸*★ Welcome to the Darker Side of Thailand!!! ★*¸. •'´¯)¸.•' ´¯)¸.•'`¯★★★★★

This is an inheritance from the days of Patpong!!!.... Tourists or anyone looking foreign would be hustled in to a bar saying "Live Sex Shows!!!" And anyone who was/is naive to go into the club would be a mark!!! When the marks were finished and getting ready to pay a humongous bill would be presented!!!

And if you didn't pay, they would close the doors and hassle you till you paid but if you STILL didn't pay then that was what happened to you "GET BEATEN UP!"... This is now more refined than from the days of the 80's when Bangkok was known as "The Prostitution Capital Of The World!!!"

Last time I was in Phuket (I've only been there twice), I stopped in a girly bar, where I was the only customer.

I had one Jack & Coke and asked for my bill. 375 baht!!! That's 5 star hotel pricing, from some seedy hole in the wall with some rough looking women in it.

Between that and there being an aggressive Tuk-tuk driver every 10 feet, bugging the tar out of me, I have not been back, and never plan to return.

In Thailand not necessarily KC.

You don't have to do a lot to get kicked around from the jet ski scammers......or even dispute anything with a Tuk Tuk driver.

You see....this is the mob mentality all too prevalent in the tourist areas of Thailand.

I stress the tourist areas as this doesn't happen, from my experience, in the "real" Thailand.

Not really, quite possibly a misunderstanding over any number of things, but there are plenty of thugs everywhere that would start something out of nothing. As someone who was attacked by 4 complete strangers for no reason whatsoever, (I just happened to be walking in the opposite direction and they decided it would be fun to hit someone, I happened to be the first easy target) I rather object to people making comments like this.

One big obvious question is, why do people get into this situation. I say, don't get so pissed that you are not in control of your circumstances. Always have somebody to be in charge of a good night out. Respect the fact that you are in a foreign country and the rule of law that you are used to may not apply in a foreign country. Be an ambassador for your country, not some drunken bogan who not only makes a fool of himself but intrudes on the pleasure of other people attending an event.

One big obvious question is, why do people get into this situation. I say, don't get so pissed that you are not in control of your circumstances. Always have somebody to be in charge of a good night out. Respect the fact that you are in a foreign country and the rule of law that you are used to may not apply in a foreign country. Be an ambassador for your country, not some drunken bogan who not only makes a fool of himself but intrudes on the pleasure of other people attending an event.

I havent heard any evidence the 2 that were beaten were drunk bogans causing issues.

Though I have seen video of a group of thugs employed to ensure the safety of patrons badly assaulting the two. Therefore the thugs were bad ambassadors for their country and disregarding Thai laws.

The bouncers are now unemployed and the club is closed for a week. That may give you some indication of who was in the wrong.

Archived