We had it with your discipline
Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in

Get about as oiled as a diesel train
Gonna set this dance alight
'Cause Saturday night's the night I like
Saturday night's alright, alright, alright

Bernie Taupin

post-229125-0-10370400-1444565040_thumb.

post-229125-0-77028600-1444565041_thumb.

post-229125-0-45401100-1444565043_thumb.

post-229125-0-35038000-1444565045_thumb.

post-229125-0-78875700-1444565046_thumb.

post-229125-0-31703600-1444565048_thumb.

In my observations over recent years Thailand has slowly but progressively shown a rising degree of lawlessness. It will be interesting to watch where this trend takes the country. It is not just the Thais themselves but imported drunken buffoons, drug pushers, and assorted crims and con artists are not helping. But the buck stops with the police, courts and the military government itself. Most of the people in those authorities seem to be self-serving and really don't care so long as their personal pockets keep getting topped up and their comforts looked after.

Wait a few days my wife told me, police have pictures of most of them perpetrators , they will take them discretely one by one .

They have been ordered to arrest lawbreakers by the interior ministry, so it is not going to be discreet.

When there is no enforcement of the law there can be no respect for the law. Currently there are more than 10,000 laws on the books many of which are carry overs from the many coups. Is there some reason that the PM does not want to modernize the legal system and clean the Thai Police?

When there is no enforcement of the law there can be no respect for the law. Currently there are more than 10,000 laws on the books many of which are carry overs from the many coups. Is there some reason that the PM does not want to modernize the legal system and clean the Thai Police?

Yeah. It's not in his (financial), or the elites interest to do so. They like things just the way they are.

I agree the rule of law is shockingly remiss and only in such a system would police so casually resort to causing death to capture a small time (alleged) drug peddler.

This entire subject begs a discussion on drug laws too, especially drugs that, when legal caused few problems in society but when criminalized have made major set backs to civil rights- such as this case illustrates.

The parents seeing the deaths would likely be attributed to the lads, and not the police using their truck as a ram- did what they needed to do, and IMO some unruly sorts seized the opportunity to vent considerable frustrations.

PW has some remarkable You Tube footage posted from inside the station at the start of the riot.

Sure this riot was over the top, no matter if it was a set up by the cops or not. I personally know of 3 set ups by the thalang cops with drugs in the last years.

It is facinating how the thais fight for their interpretation of their rights. If the europeans only had 25% of this thai power, the world would be a saver place.

Sure this riot was over the top, no matter if it was a set up by the cops or not. I personally know of 3 set ups by the thalang cops with drugs in the last years.

It is facinating how the thais fight for their interpretation of their rights. If the europeans only had 25% of this thai power, the world would be a saver place.

I believe the catalyst for the riot is the claim of excessive force causing death, not a set up on drugs, but that may have been fuel on the fire- literally

Gonna set this dance alight...

Archived