Chrome Not Syncing After OS Upgrade

doctormann

Hi Guys

I have a bit of an odd situation. Here's the story:

I have a desktop machine (HP 1433-L) running Raphaella 64-bit and connected to my router with a CAT5 cable.

I have a laptop (Lenovo Z370) that was running Raphaella 32-bit, connected via wifi.

I use the Chrome browser on both and had no issues until I upgraded the laptop - new HDD, extra RAM, Raphaella 64-bit installed.

Now, for some reason, Chrome on the laptop will not sync to my Google account. The web store doesn't work either - can't add any extensions.

Chrome on the laptop says that syncing has failed. I get the 'oops!' message - tried following their suggestions to fix this but to no avail.

Apart from this, Chrome seems to work, as does everything else. I am mystified so I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

DM

Looks as though this may be an MTU problem. I realised that the wifi connection on my desktop - normally use wired connection - wasn't working properly either and Pandora wasn't streaming. MTU was set to the default value of 1500 so I reduced it to 1488 - after doing the tests - and it now seems to work.

I still have to do this on my laptop. At the moment I have the old HDD with 32-bit Raphaella installed and MTU is set to 1488. I'll put the new HDD with the 64-bit Raphaella back in there at some stage, reduce the MTU to 1488 and see if this cures the sync problem on Chrome.

DM

Archived