Non O marriage extension

So I went to get my second yearly extension today at Chang Wattana. I read all the threads and visited immigration website to confirm all the paperwork. This time they said the apartment contract isn't enough. We need confirmation on a list from our apartment. A copy of their house book and ID.

This is different to last year. I couldn't see this on the website and it took them about 20 minutes til they simply said "it's because of the bomb"

Did anyone else stumble across this problem?

they seem to be checking that the owner has lodged form 30 but that has nothing to do with you. The lease should be enough, I would guess they want you to do there job for them , just a thought

I have no problem if its stipulated but I didn't see it anywhere. Immigration officials seemed uncomfortable and wouldn't explain what was happening.

Just smiling and said "come back another time".

They want the TM30 filled out by your apartment and a copy of the house book and ID of the person listed in the house book as house-master.

It is something that has been asked for at some offices since at least 2014. More common with marriage extensions but becoming required at some offices for retirement extensions too. It's nothing new due to the Bangkok bombing but maybe more offices will ask for it due to heightened security.

They want the TM30 filled out by your apartment and a copy of the house book and ID of the person listed in the house book as house-master.

It is something that has been asked for at some offices since at least 2014. More common with marriage extensions but becoming required at some offices for retirement extensions too. It's nothing new due to the Bangkok bombing but maybe more offices will ask for it due to heightened security.

They've given me all the paperwork for my condo owner to fill in. He hasn't registered any foreign tenants.

I thought the condo owner was obliged to do this by law but it turns out people applying for extensions can simply bring said paperwork to him and no one needs to get into trouble.

Just me running around doing people favours.

In Phuket this all started some time ago with a "crackdown" on small hotels and guest houses who were failing to report (as required by law) the presence of visitors.

Immigration began in , if I remember correctly, Jan 2015 requiring those on extensions to provide TM30's etc.

Definitely nothing to do with bombs!

In Phuket this all started some time ago with a "crackdown" on small hotels and guest houses who were failing to report (as required by law) the presence of visitors.

Immigration began in , if I remember correctly, Jan 2015 requiring those on extensions to provide TM30's etc.

Definitely nothing to do with bombs!

My missus was pressing for an answer and they eventually came out with "because of the bomb"

They told my missus we can come back another day. No problem. Very kind of them.

We'll be going back again today.

They've given me all the paperwork for my condo owner to fill in. He hasn't registered any foreign tenants.

I thought the condo owner was obliged to do this by law but it turns out people applying for extensions can simply bring said paperwork to him and no one needs to get into trouble.

Just me running around doing people favours.

Yes the condo owner should have submitted the TM30 already, but even if he had done it already the IO may still ask for it again when you apply for an extension.

The TM30 to comply with the law only needs to be done once. I was told by an IO that they want the TM30's with extension applications as a form of proof that you live at the address given.

Edited by elviajero