Hope dies last...

swissie

I seriously doubt that scumbag, white trash sex tourist losers outnumber normal tourists... that's just the mentality of sex tourists and sexpats. Just because that's why they're here, they assume all other white males are sad, pathetic, embarrassing losers like themselves.

So you've never had sex with a Thai girl?

Or you've never been to Thailand?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt that scumbag, white trash sex tourist losers outnumber normal tourists... that's just the mentality of sex tourists and sexpats. Just because that's why they're here, they assume all other white males are sad, pathetic, embarrassing losers like themselves.

I think you can have the award for "Biggest chip on the shoulder of the day" for that one.

This is not an old thing, as one poster has said. It is relatively new. Amongst other things, one of the reasons is that word gets around of all of the scams. One other reason, as someone had mentioned, is cost. Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

because tourists don't visit Thailand for restaurant meals and beer coffee1.gif

Oh so they don't drink an eat when they are here????.

All this doom and gloom but other reports on this Site state that Suvarnabhumi Airport is bursting at the seams trying to cope with all the new arrivals and we haven't reached the High Season yet.

They expect things to be quiet during the wet and stormy season but come Christmas Thailand will be booming and the flesh trade flourishing!

Never mind Swampy - take a look at Don Mueang.

I have been there about 10 times in the last 3 months and it was heaving on most occasions. Parking is nigh on impossible and a new terminal is being built. Eventually, the airport link will open as well.

Somebody somewhere is doing well.

All this doom and gloom but other reports on this Site state that Suvarnabhumi Airport is bursting at the seams trying to cope with all the new arrivals and we haven't reached the High Season yet.

They expect things to be quiet during the wet and stormy season but come Christmas Thailand will be booming and the flesh trade flourishing!

I have been there about 10 times in the last 3 months and it was heaving on most occasions. Parking is nigh on impossible and a new terminal is being built. Eventually, the airport link will open as well.

But is that not mainly internal flights?

So no 'new money' into Thailand.

So you've never had sex with a Thai girl?

Or you've never been to Thailand?

I rest my case

It's hard not to at times with so many of them about.

I think you can have the award for "Biggest chip on the shoulder of the day" for that one.

Thailand is indeed facing some economic challenges. If those challenges are not met, the Thai-Bht is bound to gradually weaken compared to other currencies. It seems. that neighboring countries are better equipped to handle the challenges of a globalized world.

Has an upside for Farangs receiving monthly pension money from overseas. (as long as the value of the "Home-Currency" doesn't go down the drain faster than the Baht.)

Thanks to globalization (cooked up in the kitchen of Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher), we live in a Machiavellian World that knows only big winners or big loosers.

I am afraid that the "little people" in Thailand will end up on the loosers side. Not only in Thailand!

Cheers.

When the junta was kicking out the foreigners who they felt were staying there too long, the restaurant owners complained that they lost their regulars. The tourists were still coming, but their regulars were much less. Wonder what the outflow to Cambodia and other places as cost Thailand. Stupid move getting rid of contractors and entrepreneurs.

This does not bode well for families grooming their young Thai women for the flesh market...

And where are the Thai apologist when we need them...placing all the blame for Thailand's ills on old overweight farangs...

When the junta was kicking out the foreigners who they felt were staying there too long, the restaurant owners complained that they lost their regulars. The tourists were still coming, but their regulars were much less. Wonder what the outflow to Cambodia and other places as cost Thailand. Stupid move getting rid of contractors and entrepreneurs.

I don't recall the junta kicking anyone out who had a legitimate reason to be here.

As I missed it would you mind providing a link to that story.

Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

Because the Issan hooker (from the OP) he takes home, after dinner and the beer, costs 1/10 the price of a western girl and is 10x more attractive (not to mention 1/2 the age and 1/2 the weight).

Does it have to be an Issan hooker? I think not. Your fractions also seem to be out.

Most tourists don't come here for food and beer? Really?

The reason the ladies have no work is simply cost. What can be had else where is becoming cheaper and safer from scams.

I don't frequent such areas but hear what goes on from some that do.

Your talking about sex tourists, single males, usually middle to low income.

World wide slow down over 7 years only now just beginning to slowly come out of it.

Supply and demand as in any business, too many girls for the clients on offer pure and simple.

As the Buddha said nothing stays the same, there will be good times followed by bad times followed by good times etc etc..

Great post Swissie.

I agree with the girls.

There is a very small chance that things will get better but doubt it will return to how it was in the old days.

I left here in 2005 as I could see big trouble coming.

Returned 2 months ago in the hope that there will be some kind of a renaissance or something good coming.

I don't recall the junta kicking anyone out who had a legitimate reason to be here.

As I missed it would you mind providing a link to that story.

The legit reasons were spending money on food and a home, which was then moved to Cambodia when the junta tightened things up. Legitimacy is an alien concept in Thailand . And of course the junta knows all about legitimacy. There are many stories of foreigners ditching their companies in Thailand.

I think just looking around in Isan it's quite obvious that things are getting bad on many levels. Even us farang don't seem to be around in the numbers we used to be.

I don't go out to play in the daytime often, but yesterday I decided to make a day of it. I visited most of the faarang places in Surin between 2pm and 4pm, it looked like this:

Farang Connection: 3 customers.

Sports Bar: 0 customers.

Oasis: Closed.

Green Mango: 0 customers.

Norbies: 0 customers.

Leks: 0 customers.

A few years back there would always be a few people everywhere, yesterday it was a ghost town.

You're going to the wrong places. I've never been to any of the places you mentioned and have no plans too. But at Surin Big C, Robinson's, Thai Watsudu and Home Pro, I have seen a lot of new faces over the past two months.

I think just looking around in Isan it's quite obvious that things are getting bad on many levels. Even us farang don't seem to be around in the numbers we used to be.

I don't go out to play in the daytime often, but yesterday I decided to make a day of it. I visited most of the faarang places in Surin between 2pm and 4pm, it looked like this:

Farang Connection: 3 customers.

Sports Bar: 0 customers.

Oasis: Closed.

Green Mango: 0 customers.

Norbies: 0 customers.

Leks: 0 customers.

A few years back there would always be a few people everywhere, yesterday it was a ghost town.

You're going to the wrong places. I've never been to any of the places you mentioned and have no plans too. But at Surin Big C, Robinson's, Thai Watsudu and Home Pro, I have seen a lot of new faces over the past two months.

My friends say the same thing about Surin. There are fewer foreigners there.

Is that burger joint still there ?

But is that not mainly internal flights?

So no 'new money' into Thailand.

Domestic flights would retain money in Thailand!

There is an international terminal at DM and all Air Asia flights depart from DM.

There were 14.4 million passengers in the first half of 2015. Some come, some go but is heck of an activity....... add Swampy:-

Passenger traffic through Suvarnabhumi airport rose by close to 13% in the year to September to reach a record 52.4 million. Official figures released yesterday reflect robust growth in the Thai tourism...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/730268/suvarnabhumi-airport-traffic-soars-to-record-high. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

I guess I am an oddball as I treat the Issan ladies as ladies back home -- buy flowers, take to

meals out,occasionally a small unexpected gift. I have better then average quarters, always neat

stocked with plenty of snacks, even meals and some alcohol -- all of which they are welcome to.

Nary a bad relationship.( some short, some long ) in 11 years ! I also make it a habit of

complimenting and overpaying. Guess I am a sap but not an unhappy one !

Pure market forces in play.

The value of any product is price + quality + service.

Here, price is up, quality is down, service is down, which means that Thailand as a product, has lost value.

Perfectly true with supply and demand being the major factor.

Reduced numbers of tourists vs an over-supply of product should make for for a competitive situation with advantages for the consumer.

Not in Thailand. No effort to improve the quality of the service and, with numbers down, prices should edge down rather than remain static - or even increase.

see honda are advertising 0% interest on 5models with 25% deposit and payments over 48months.

sign of the times.

Honda USA is offering 0.9% financing up to 60 months, Toyota USA has 2016 Camry's, with 0% financing for 60 months with $500 cash back and Nissan USA is also offering several models with 0% financing for 60 months with cash back. Not a sign of the times, but a way to increase retail sales. In the US, it always happens this time of year, prior to new model arrivals.

I can not speak for the volume of business in Surin pubs today. But at 3p.m. Thursday today there were 14 well dressed expats enjoying a meal and/or libation at Paddys Irish Bar in Buriram. Certainly brisk trade in October in Buriram at just one establishment.

Chinese are the new kids on the block and they will chase away most of the remaining western tourists. They will however bring in enough to satisfy the numbers and the decision makers. The little businesses will suffer but it is their own faults for not taking better care of their guests.

Chinese do not chase away western tourists. They usually don't even frequent the same venues as western tourists as they have very controlled itineraries that take them to venues owned by Chinese that do not cater to western tourists. The little Thai owned businesses frequented by western tourists are out of that loop. Those Chinese oriented venues, combined with some Chinese cultural values preclude the Chinese from frequenting the bars aimed at Farangs that have free lance sex workers available for hire. Besides, visit any departure lounge where the Chinese bound flights are loading and you mainly see Chinese couples. If any group was chasing away tourists it would have been the obnoxiously drunk Russian tourists. But with the Russian economy in shambles for those not part of Putin's criminal oligarchy circles, that is now a moot point.

This is not an old thing, as one poster has said. It is relatively new. Amongst other things, one of the reasons is that word gets around of all of the scams. One other reason, as someone had mentioned, is cost. Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

I just returned from Germany and had 3 Paulaner Beers at 1.5 Euros each or 4.5 Euros combined and it would have cost me 15 Euros in Thailand with all the taxes at a local pub. Food is still, acceptable in Thailand but again it is much cheaper in Germany, compared to Thailand. Was offered by a friend to go to the Eastern European girls in Berlin for a BJ for just 250 Baht but of course I declined. Looks like the Thai's seems they have something on offer for some lonely farang but all the farangs in Germany have to do is going to Hungary, Czech Republic etc to get the same service for 30% of what the Thais are asking. Malaysians are the same you can get a massage with happy ending at 90 RM (800 Baht) so the Malaysians too are not in need of coming to Thailand because the Thais can serve them directly in Malaysia. The Thai BG made their money so if they couldn't save it its really their problem.

I can not speak for the volume of business in Surin pubs today. But at 3p.m. Thursday today there were 14 well dressed expats enjoying a meal and/or libation at Paddys Irish Bar in Buriram. Certainly brisk trade in October in Buriram at just one establishment.

LOL.... well dressed? At least 2 of the regulars must have been absent then..... biggrin.png

Or pay as much or more for a hooker here than back home... Any ad I reply on craiglist or other they ask 2000 or 3000 for ST... that's a lot compared to Europe.

And even the hookers start to get a "f.ck you farang attitude. Now thwy cry tjat we dont come anymore.... Som nam na Thailand. You get what you deserved.

We all have to adapt at different stages during our lives. The world can be a harsh place. I wish the very best for all of mankind, not only women in a declining sex trade.

The family debt aspect is worrying for sure.. It must be a great stress to young people (mostly females) who support entire family groups.

I love Thailand and Thai culture in many ways, but I do not agree with the pressure that is put on daughters to "pay back their mother for giving them life".. Thankfully this is not exploited in every family, but some get a really hard time and continue to be slaves to the grind. These are the ones I feel for.

Deep down I would like to scream at them to wake up and see that they are having the **** taken out of them. It wouldn't change anything though.. so they must adapt

Who cares.....

s

The most succinct reply, the only reason there are so many girls is that sexual mores have changed- it is now social acceptable to abuse the low paid poor local population. No punters- no prostitutes .

It seems that a vast majority of TV members constantly rabbit on about the availability of prostitutes- they are women selling their bodies- is that good?

It will take time- but this country will wake up and close down all those ghastly beer bars ( or is it bar beers) and bring about a bit of dignity to the Thai people .

About 90% of prostitution is for and used by the locals. The kind of places you and I will never see, with real forced prostitution of underage girls from neighboring counties...all for the Thai so they can respect themselves.

The places for farang is only 10 % of the total... the farang takes the tip of the Iceberg. Thwse are facts so perhaps you could adjust your thoughts. ...

Archived