Hope dies last...

swissie

I can not speak for the volume of business in Surin pubs today. But at 3p.m. Thursday today there were 14 well dressed expats enjoying a meal and/or libation at Paddys Irish Bar in Buriram. Certainly brisk trade in October in Buriram at just one establishment.

That was a visiting football team.. :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so true , l remember when was with my friend in pattaya club in insomnia the girl ask for 2000 baht night that s crazy 2000 baht that s time euro was 34 , it was almost 60 euros whistling.gifwhistling.gif ,

beautiful ukrain girl in paris ask same price whistling.gif or just in paris 20 , there are a lot chinese for less wai2.gif

so true , l remember when was with my friend in pattaya club in insomnia the girl ask for 2000 baht night that s crazy 2000 baht that s time euro was 34 , it was almost 60 euros whistling.gifwhistling.gif ,

beautiful ukrain girl in paris ask same price whistling.gif or just in paris 20 , there are a lot chinese for less wai2.gif

Can op give us a tutorial on how girl learn the business. Are they targeted the moment they are born? grade skool? high skool? What training do they go thru? I just find it hard to believe so many are not grouches on the job. Many are pleasent and seem to do the best they can.

In my village, mama used to be a bar girl, now nearly 50 year old,

her 24 and 17 year old are doing the same, no shame, many in

the village are working girls, they come home when they are

pregnant, give birth, leave baby then go back.

And a large number are recruited by their friends and similarly aged relatives currently working. They see what their friends are earning, see their new iPhones and brand name bags, and become envious. Furthermore, they have the concept of being comrades (สู้สู้ ทำงานด้วย), so the currently working girls are always looking to recruit their friends and relatives.

We all have to adapt at different stages during our lives. The world can be a harsh place. I wish the very best for all of mankind, not only women in a declining sex trade.

The family debt aspect is worrying for sure.. It must be a great stress to young people (mostly females) who support entire family groups.

I love Thailand and Thai culture in many ways, but I do not agree with the pressure that is put on daughters to "pay back their mother for giving them life".. Thankfully this is not exploited in every family, but some get a really hard time and continue to be slaves to the grind. These are the ones I feel for.

Deep down I would like to scream at them to wake up and see that they are having the **** taken out of them. It wouldn't change anything though.. so they must adapt

-- the pressure that is put on daughters to "pay back their mother for giving them life" ... These are the ones I feel for.--

I knew a girl worked bar. She met a guy who took her from the bar. He gave her a comfortable life not selling her body. He sent money to her family to buy the food and pay the bills, but little extra beyond that. She genuinely loved this guy. She was very happy. Until the day her mother called and complained: that farang is not rich enough! Get back in the bar and find a guy that can give us real money!

What's your problem Tracy? Having difficulty to find a nice white c.ck to f..k you a little bit? Cause that really seems to be what you need..... oh yes, I should mind my words? Please mind yours and I will mind mines in return. You get what you deserve, scumbag.. wink.png

Not sure what I got that I deserved. Perhaps you could enlighten me on that point. At the end of the day, you're a loser that has to pay for sex because no female would ever touch without Rohypnol....This is why you're on Thai visa... to mix with other losers. Very sad.

Can op give us a tutorial on how girl learn the business. Are they targeted the moment they are born? grade skool? high skool? What training do they go thru? I just find it hard to believe so many are not grouches on the job. Many are pleasent and seem to do the best they can.

In my village, mama used to be a bar girl, now nearly 50 year old,

her 24 and 17 year old are doing the same, no shame, many in

the village are working girls, they come home when they are

pregnant, give birth, leave baby then go back.

And a large number are recruited by their friends and similarly aged relatives currently working. They see what their friends are earning, see their new iPhones and brand name bags, and become envious. Furthermore, they have the concept of being comrades (สู้สู้ ทำงานด้วย), so the currently working girls are always looking to recruit their friends and relatives.

Is that some sort of new concept?

Have you never been * tipped off* or *enquired* about alternative career options?

Surely i don't need to give any examples?!?!

What's your problem Tracy? Having difficulty to find a nice white c.ck to f..k you a little bit? Cause that really seems to be what you need..... oh yes, I should mind my words? Please mind yours and I will mind mines in return. You get what you deserve, scumbag.. wink.png

Not sure what I got that I deserved. Perhaps you could enlighten me on that point. At the end of the day, you're a loser that has to pay for sex because no female would ever touch without Rohypnol....This is why you're on Thai visa... to mix with other losers. Very sad.

But somehow, despite your appearance here on Thai Visa, you are not one of the losers?

What sort of vaccine helps you to acquire this immunity?

But somehow, despite your appearance here on Thai Visa, you are not one of the losers?

What sort of vaccine helps you to acquire this immunity?

No vaccine. TV for me is a bit like smoking. I know I shouldn't do it but can't help myself as I get a perverse enjoyment out of both. A bit like going to the zoo to look at the animals in cages. Sad, yet in some bizarre way, decidedly compelling....

Chinese are the new kids on the block and they will chase away most of the remaining western tourists. They will however bring in enough to satisfy the numbers and the decision makers. The little businesses will suffer but it is their own faults for not taking better care of their guests.

Chinese do not chase away western tourists. They usually don't even frequent the same venues as western tourists as they have very controlled itineraries that take them to venues owned by Chinese that do not cater to western tourists. The little Thai owned businesses frequented by western tourists are out of that loop. Those Chinese oriented venues, combined with some Chinese cultural values preclude the Chinese from frequenting the bars aimed at Farangs that have free lance sex workers available for hire. Besides, visit any departure lounge where the Chinese bound flights are loading and you mainly see Chinese couples. If any group was chasing away tourists it would have been the obnoxiously drunk Russian tourists. But with the Russian economy in shambles for those not part of Putin's criminal oligarchy circles, that is now a moot point.
you're wrong,

Chinese tourists dont like western people around. when the larger groups tour around they generally request exclusive use of the resort/restaurent/massage parlour. if they dont get what they want they will go elsewhere.

I think just looking around in Isan it's quite obvious that things are getting bad on many levels. Even us farang don't seem to be around in the numbers we used to be.

I don't go out to play in the daytime often, but yesterday I decided to make a day of it. I visited most of the faarang places in Surin between 2pm and 4pm, it looked like this:

Farang Connection: 3 customers.

Sports Bar: 0 customers.

Oasis: Closed.

Green Mango: 0 customers.

Norbies: 0 customers.

Leks: 0 customers.

A few years back there would always be a few people everywhere, yesterday it was a ghost town.

You're going to the wrong places. I've never been to any of the places you mentioned and have no plans too. But at Surin Big C, Robinson's, Thai Watsudu and Home Pro, I have seen a lot of new faces over the past two months.

I rest my case. When a better social life can be had in a supermarket than in a restaurant or bar, something is out of whack.

Chinese are the new kids on the block and they will chase away most of the remaining western tourists. They will however bring in enough to satisfy the numbers and the decision makers. The little businesses will suffer but it is their own faults for not taking better care of their guests.

Chinese do not chase away western tourists. They usually don't even frequent the same venues as western tourists as they have very controlled itineraries that take them to venues owned by Chinese that do not cater to western tourists. The little Thai owned businesses frequented by western tourists are out of that loop. Those Chinese oriented venues, combined with some Chinese cultural values preclude the Chinese from frequenting the bars aimed at Farangs that have free lance sex workers available for hire. Besides, visit any departure lounge where the Chinese bound flights are loading and you mainly see Chinese couples. If any group was chasing away tourists it would have been the obnoxiously drunk Russian tourists. But with the Russian economy in shambles for those not part of Putin's criminal oligarchy circles, that is now a moot point.

Go to koh Lan off of Pattaya. Thousands of Chinese have taken over a once quiet beach. Not many westerners now ....

Go to Chaing Rai white temple thousands of Chinese everywhere and westerners stop for a few minutes and leave. Can't even take a nice photo anymore without many Chinese in the picture.

Chiang Mai .... I can't even start speaking about the tens of thousands that have invaded the place.

Phuket soon to be over ran and the list goes on and on....

I even now hear Chinese talking (shouting) on the BTS where once it was quiet.

This invasion will drive people away for sure. I know the places I once use to go have changed.

This is not an old thing, as one poster has said. It is relatively new. Amongst other things, one of the reasons is that word gets around of all of the scams. One other reason, as someone had mentioned, is cost. Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

I just returned from Germany and had 3 Paulaner Beers at 1.5 Euros each or 4.5 Euros combined and it would have cost me 15 Euros in Thailand with all the taxes at a local pub. Food is still, acceptable in Thailand but again it is much cheaper in Germany, compared to Thailand. Was offered by a friend to go to the Eastern European girls in Berlin for a BJ for just 250 Baht but of course I declined. Looks like the Thai's seems they have something on offer for some lonely farang but all the farangs in Germany have to do is going to Hungary, Czech Republic etc to get the same service for 30% of what the Thais are asking. Malaysians are the same you can get a massage with happy ending at 90 RM (800 Baht) so the Malaysians too are not in need of coming to Thailand because the Thais can serve them directly in Malaysia. The Thai BG made their money so if they couldn't save it its really their problem.

Ah Paulanar It brings back fond memories of Munich. I think you a correct about Thailand generally and not just the sex trade. VAT and Service charges on liquor can make a pleasant pastime expensive and yes the baht is overvalued, but when it falls prices will be raised to compensate a vicious cirle

Many times paying for sex is cheaper than the other ways.

Well,

- The Chinese can't dance with Europeans. Europeans can't dance with Chinese.

- Russians can't dance with nobody. Nobody wants to dance with Russians.

- The Americans want to dance with everybody. But nobody really wants to dance with them. Etc. etc...

So I suppose, the poets and songwriters of the late 60ties/early 70ties, predicting a worldwide "brotherhood of man" living in harmony, where somewhat off the mark.

I for one, can see no "brotherhood of man", no matter where I look.

Cheers.

This is not an old thing, as one poster has said. It is relatively new. Amongst other things, one of the reasons is that word gets around of all of the scams. One other reason, as someone had mentioned, is cost. Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

where do u live, need to visit your country, as now way can i buy a meal in Oz as cheap as in Thailand.... Europeans arent traveling due to one thing, economic issues, like most of the world...

where do u live, need to visit your country, as now way can i buy a meal in Oz as cheap as in Thailand.... Europeans arent traveling due to one thing, economic issues, like most of the world...

I'm from England. Last time I was in Bangkok I paid more for a beer than my local in England. The food was also way expensive.

I'm from England. Last time I was in Bangkok I paid more for a beer than my local in England. The food was also way expensive.

I'm from England too,

Last time I was in Bangkok, I scored a 26 year old that weighed 47Kg ....... didn't care about the price of beer or dinner.

Last time I was in Exeter, I scored a 60 year old that weighed 110Kg ....... but to be fair, she did cook me a very nice Xmas dinner free of charge.

Depends where your priorities lie really, and your age.

In another 10 years I expect I will value food above sex.

I'm from England too,

Last time I was in Bangkok, I scored a 26 year old that weighed 47Kg ....... didn't care about the price of beer or dinner.

Last time I was in Exeter, I scored a 60 year old that weighed 110Kg ....... but to be fair, she did cook me a very nice Xmas dinner free of charge.

Depends where your priorities lie really, and your age.

In another 10 years I expect I will value food above sex.

Quite possibly the saddest post I have ever seen on TV.

BTW..you didn't "score" that young lady in Bangkok. You are even sadder than your post if you think you did.

Good for you, was the vehicle in your name?

Pure market forces in play.

The value of any product is price + quality + service.

Market forces are indeed in play in LOS, because the new generation of young bucks/ foreigner,

they have the high power , but not have the secure financial resources , of the old fart .

Satisfaction is finance related . Not forgetting price , service , and age of the vehicle.coffee1.gif

Your local is not really a benchmark against dining out in a cosmopolitan city, or is your local in soho?

Why would tourist come to Thailand and pay as much for a restaurant meal and a beer as they would at home?

Because the Issan hooker (from the OP) he takes home, after dinner and the beer, costs 1/10 the price of a western girl and is 10x more attractive (not to mention 1/2 the age and 1/2 the weight).

But now you have an increasing numbers of tourists ( farangs ) in Laos, Vietnam, Cambodscha and Myanmar. Most of this places are cheaper and easier ( Visa ) as Thailand. Thailand is down for theie politicle situation and mant restrictions and the habit of cheating / overprizing the people.

my next stop colombia.... 180 days on arrival, FREE

Archived