TM 30 ...just when is it needed

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

No. It varies from office to office. Many (actually most) offices that require TM-30 reports are flexible about the 24-hour rule.

Right, I'm in Chiang Mai so going to go over this week with my neighbour as he went out and came back and never re-regisitered his address after the building owners went to Promenada a few months ago (now it seems to be back at the side of the old immigration) to register everyone in the building.

While I'm willing to pay if this rule is enforced hard many buildings are going to get hit with this penalty directly if they are not aware their resident foreigner has been out and back in the county on a new visa.

On October 14, 2015 at 6:12 AM, John1012 said:

Does anyone have information as to who to contact if an immigration office ignores the current laws and demands unnecessary documentation or non lawful requirements?

Can one go to the head office of iimigration for ones documentation if one is being shafted by a subsiduary office?

My god man don't go there just smile and get through it. They will punish you if you beat them at anything. Thats why you rarely see a farang punching bag win a muiy thai [ misspelled] fight here unless fighting another farang.

5 hours ago, BlindMagician said:

Can you imagine running a decent sized hotel, in the order of 10-100 new foreigners daily depending on the season, and running off all those tm30s and processing at immigration daily. The online systems are unreliable. Just crazy.

I think they only call in all the passport numbers. Not sure though.

A TM30 will now be required when filing a 90 day report either by post or personally, at least that is what Airport Imm Chiang Mai are saying.

Apparently leaving  and returning apparently requires a report that endorses the existing TM30 if the address is the same, or possibly a new TM30 if you are outside the report window ( 24 hours officially but some offices will allow 5-7 days?) and perhaps another fine for the landlord/housemaster.

Although it says on the imm website TM30 reports by post are not acceptable (Chiang Mai) although online reports by registered persons are.

Simply if you do not have a current/endorsed copy of a TM30 in your passport you are likely to have problems in the future.

TM 30 is not for you ,it is for the landlord, hotel and people like that

if you girlfriend owns the house then for her too

For you is TM 28

have a look at the form tm30 and tm 28 and yo uwill see they are self explaining

49 minutes ago, Thailand said:

A TM30 will now be required when filing a 90 day report either by post or personally, at least that is what Airport Imm Chiang Mai are saying.

Apparently leaving  and returning apparently requires a report that endorses the existing TM30 if the address is the same, or possibly a new TM30 if you are outside the report window ( 24 hours officially but some offices will allow 5-7 days?) and perhaps another fine for the landlord/housemaster.

Although it says on the imm website TM30 reports by post are not acceptable (Chiang Mai) although online reports by registered persons are.

Simply if you do not have a current/endorsed copy of a TM30 in your passport you are likely to have problems in the future.

Will I have issues then trying to get a 30-day extension on a tourist visa then I guess ?

On 10/8/2016 at 10:01 AM, NancyL said:

The blog "Dons Life In Thailand" is about living in Chiang Mai and what he says is indeed true for Chiang Mai province.  CM Immigration insists that the Departure card associated with the TM30 has to be the same as the one in your passport, which means that a new TM30 has to be filed each time you return to Thailand.  Furthermore, they say that if you stay somewhere else in Thailand, like a hotel, and that place files a TM30 for you, then that TM30 "overwrites" the one associated with your CM address and a new TM30 should be filed when you return home.

They're fining the foreigner for not having a TM30 on file, even though it's the responsibility of the landlord (homeowner) to submit the TM30.  Fortunately, many condo buildings with high numbers of foreign residents in CM are getting set up to file TM30s on-line as a service to their residents.  But, it's difficult for individuals to do this.

On 10/8/2016 at 4:38 PM, Thailand said:

If I were looking for a reason to not live in Chiang Mai, I'd need to look no further.  How tedious!  I go to BKK for 1- or 2-night visits every 4-6 weeks (some times more frequently) to meet with friends.  I'd have to file a TM.30 with Chiang Mai Immigrations after each trip?  :shock1: