"suvannapoom Tower This Is 7juliet Bravo At The Outer Marker..."

STEELINOX

I am coming to BKK in December - will my CAL flight be landing here or at DonMuang? Also I am landing at 1:50am and I need a rental car; anyone know if the AVIS desk will be open at this ungodly hour? Anyone know what bus goes to Kasetsart University area from Suvannapoom? What are petrol prices like these days?

Thanks,

Randy

I am coming to BKK in December - will my CAL flight be landing here or at DonMuang? Also I am landing at 1:50am and I need a rental car; anyone know if the AVIS desk will be open at this ungodly hour? Anyone know what bus goes to Kasetsart University area from Suvannapoom? What are petrol prices like these days?

Thanks,

Randy

With some respect Randy if you did some reading of this thread all your questions could be answered.

What I think that boxer is trying to say is - DM is closed and has had a great deal of their equipment removed. It might, therefore, be somewhat difficult and indeed dangerous to attempt any landings there...

With respect to your other questions, Avis' website should be the receptacle for Avis' rental bookings and, if you are worried about petrol prices in Thailand, then you have choesen the wrong destination completely! No idea about busses... Yawn....

The new airport is now open and DM closed so December you will be at the new airport. You are talking about two different modes of transportation with large differences in cost. I would suggest using a taxi to take you to the uni and worry about the car rental later, you will probably be tired from the trip and a hastle will be the last thing on your mind (rental office open or not, bus transport).

I am coming to BKK in December - will my CAL flight be landing here or at DonMuang?
Seven-Juliet-Bravo, in your flight computer, enter the airport code Victor-Tango-Bravo-Sierra and this will bring you to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

---------------

Maestro

sorry - I did read some of the thread and saw a blip about DM still being on line for some reason.

Not sure what to do about when I arrive - do I want to wade through an ocean of people and wait up to an hour for my lone bag to fall down the carousel and then enter the "sea of arrivals" only to find a taxi driver then to enter the traffic on the road exiting the terminal.

I kinda think I would be better off and (hopefully rested enough fr the flight) to put up with a short hop to 'rental row' pick up the car and hopefully not run into frakking BKK traffic as humbling as that could be...

Then again I could bus it, what number bus is it to Kasetsart Uni area?

Thanks,

Randy

sorry - I did read some of the thread and saw a blip about DM still being on line for some reason.

Not sure what to do about when I arrive - do I want to wade through an ocean of people and wait up to an hour for my lone bag to fall down the carousel and then enter the "sea of arrivals" only to find a taxi driver then to enter the traffic on the road exiting the terminal.

I kinda think I would be better off and (hopefully rested enough fr the flight) to put up with a short hop to 'rental row' pick up the car and hopefully not run into frakking BKK traffic as humbling as that could be...

Then again I could bus it, what number bus is it to Kasetsart Uni area?

Thanks,

Randy

At 1:50 in the morning? Not likely to be a problem, especially traffic. Regarding AVIS, might give them a call to verify: http://avisthailand.com/home/location.htm

I am coming to BKK in December - will my CAL flight be landing here or at DonMuang?

Seven-Juliet-Bravo, in your flight computer, enter the airport code Victor-Tango-Bravo-Sierra and this will bring you to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

---------------

Maestro

LOL ! Will do ! Seven-Julliet-Bravo turning to 150 degrees for landing !