Church Or Worship Places In Cmai

PeaceBlondie

I just searched for a topic about churches in Chiang Mai, and couldn't find any. I thought we had a discussion about this, maybe 18 months ago, but it might have been deleted.

Please, I don't want any 'information' by God-haters. Just information about where the churches are in the Chiang Mai area that have services in English, the address, maybe phone number, worship times, current details.Thank you very much.

I know there's First Church near Naraowat Bridge, the Adventist Church on Huay Kaew near Central, the Catholic church en route to the zoo, but I don't have details.

I have heard of several churches in the city. Most are geared towards the missionary crowd. The ones that I have heard about are:

Chiang Mai Community Church. They meet at First Church in the afternoons. Lot's of long-term missionaries here. Lot's of good programs and services are offered (like the Raintree Resource Center).

Chiang Mai Christian Fellowship (www.ccfth.org). It's behind Ram 2 Hospital and meet at 10:00. The church has a lot of families with young children.

The Gathering. They meet at the Lotus Hotel and is primarily a gathering of Southern Baptist missionaries.

House of Praise. They meet near the Superhighway and not too far from To Nobody restaurant. This church is part of some Australian charismatic-type denomination.

Edited by earlofwindermere

Seven Fountains is a Catholic church on Huay Kaew near the university. English service is 9:30-10:30am Sundays.

Webpage: http://www.carefor.org/

Absolutely beautiful grounds.

I remember walking into the grounds stoned out me head. Had a very interesting conversation with a nun, I wanted to dance, but she was too busy.

Sounds like it would be interesting as a stage play in CM...... you know, ... real human interest..

Maybe titled "Flying High with the Nun and only 3 Coins in the Fountain" .. Naw , too long

Maybe a musical "Stoned of Ages"

Sorry PB, I know out of order... I'll now go back to Wednesdays Bible studies [for real]