Non O marriage extension (proof of residence)

I did my marriage extension the other day. Did everything same as last year but they wanted more proof I really lived where I said I did. I needed my landlord's ID card photocopy, letter from apartment that they're a registered business and some other letter from aparmtment.

Once I brought back those documents they processed me in about 5 mins. Immigration lady said they're very strict about confirming foreigners' addresses.

She then noticed that my missus' house registration is in Samut Sakhon. She said I should put my name on her book and do my extension at their immigration. It's easier.

So one min she's showing how strict and professional they are, and the next she's telling me to lie about where I live to obtain a visa more easily.

You can see why people get annoyed.

Some immigration offices are stricter than others on proof of residence.

We have a house up in a village but moved into a rental house here in the city. I changed my address because this is where I stay most of time now and was concerned about them coming to check up on me. I have needed a copy of the rental agreement with copies of the landladies house book and ID attached. Last year they took the original of it which I suspect was done so I had to get a new one. Got a new one sent to us from Bangkok where she lives for this years extension. Was glad I got a new one because her ID card was expiring just before my extension date and luckily the new contract included her new one attached to it.

The lady at immigration that suggested you do your extension to where your wife's house book is for was certainly bad advice. The big problem would be that they might do a house visit when you applied at a new office.

I had this problem in bkk despite having:

Letter from mgmnt duration four yrs self/wife

Copy owners id card

Rental agreement

All paid receipts

Photos

One woman gave me all sorts of grief, another later in day just processed us without drama.

Was very unhappy. We had a ton of stuff supporting our marriage incl prior O from Savan.

This year, same drama and pettiness. I'll add a five year drs lic and my work permit with address.

After that, what to do? I'm a bit paranoid.

She then noticed that my missus' house registration is in Samut Sakhon. She said I should put my name on her book and do my extension at their immigration. It's easier.

This shows just how ignorant they are of their own laws.

You cannot put your name on her book (unless you have PR status), so bad advice all round.

This shows just how ignorant they are of their own laws.

You cannot put your name on her book (unless you have PR status), so bad advice all round.

When both IOs realised I didn't have my landlord's ID card photocopy etc, they both seemed kinda relieved they wouldn't have to deal with me. They tried to tell my missus to come back another day but she was having none of it (we'd both taken day off work)

When we came back, they dealt with us and pushed paperwork through in about 5 mins. Both officers complained they were busy and overworked.

I understand it's a stressful and annoying job but that's not my fault. I don't stipulate all the documents I need. Telling me to do visa in Samut Sakhon was a poor attempt at having one less person to deal with in the future.