Have we seen the last of desperate Dave?

Chainsaw

BANGKOK: -- After having received numerous complaints from members of the public, the National Police Office has decided to stop the practice of police setting up of mobile roadblocks to catch traffic violators.

Police spokesman Pol Lt-Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said Thursday that the police order took immediate effect as of Thursday and would be applied throughout the country.

From now on, he said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector and there must be a clearly visible sign to show the existence of the roadblock. Also, their superiors must be informed about the whereabouts of the roadblocks and what kind of roadblocks they are.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawut told members of the public who happen to come across a mobile roadblock to take pictures or to VDO record it and have it sent to the police spokesman’s office or to dial 1197 to lodge a complaint.

He warned that any police officers found to have set up roadblocks without authorization would face punishment.

Lets hope this is the end of the road blocks at the 3-way junction at the end of Sai Yuan. The bully boy attitude of the farang police volunteer there is deplorable and does nothing to enhance the reputation of Phuket as a welcoming holiday experience.

I've already got the 1197 number logged in my phone.

As long as it's manned by a police inspector a road block is perfectly legal.

he said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector.

No need to repeat the obvious Steven. facepalm.gif

Then why start this topic in the first place?

Somebody on Phuket Wan regarding this topic is complaining about a farang police volunteer collecting fine money.

I always thought those roadblocks on the inter provincial roads were as dangerous as any bad driver, no warning at all there is a stop ahead. Just not a good idea on a road most drivers are going well over 100 kph.

This new ruling(or likely an enforcement of an already existing rule) reads to me as if too many lower echelons are taking too much of the cash and the inspector needs a finger in the pie.

he said that if a roadblock is to be set up, it has to be manned by a police inspector.

I'll let you work out the answer to that yourself Steven. I won't waste my time getting into a pointless argument with you. Slow day at work? rolleyes.gif

I'll let you work out the answer to that yourself Steven. I won't waste my time getting into a pointless argument with you. Slow day at work? rolleyes.gif

I know the answer, you just want another volunteer bashing thread.

And no, not slow, was already out diving today, really nice day.

On the contrary Steven, as I've stated more than once in this forum, I think the vast majority of expat volunteers do a fine job.

Desperate Dave is the exception to the rule, just a bully boy wannabe policeman who I'm sure has convinced quite a few tourists to go elsewhere for their next holiday due to his attitude.

As I said in my OP. I sincerely hope we've seen the last of this obnoxious character and I'm not the only one.

On the contrary Steven, as I've stated more than once in this forum, I think the vast majority of expat volunteers do a fine job.

Desperate Dave is the exception to the rule, just a bully boy wannabe policeman who I'm sure has convinced quite a few tourists to go elsewhere for their next holiday due to his attitude.

As I said in my OP. I sincerely hope we've seen the last of this obnoxious character and I'm not the only one.

OK, so not a general bash but a specific bash.

Have fun, but I think a thread like this about a volunteer you have an issue with is ridiculous.

Have fun, but I think a thread like this about a volunteer you have an issue with is ridiculous.

The thread is first and foremost about unofficial road blocks being banned. Which I agree with 100%.

The thread is first and foremost about unofficial road blocks being banned. Which I agree with 100%.

Ah, as already running in the Thai news section.

CLOSED

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Archived