Info from Norway

Announcement about Visa

From 13 November 2015, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry valid for 6 months from the issue date with duration of stay up to 60 days per visit will be introduced. Therefore, the existing Tourist Visa with 2 and 3 entries will no longer valid after the introduction of the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.

To apply for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry, following documents must be submitted to the Embassy:

1. Passport with validity of more than 6 months

2. Copy of Passport

3. Completed visa application form

4. Two passport photos

5. Copy of air ticket to Thailand, showing at least two entries into Thailand

6. Copy of residence permit in Norway (for non-Norwegian citizen applicant)*

7. Visa fee of 1,250 NOK in cash

• Like 1

Cambodia : 1 point

Singapore : 1 point

Italy : 1 point

Finland : 3 points

Norway : 9 points

biggrin.pngtongue.png

and for each country above u need be a national of that country.

so an American/brit cant get a METV in Singapore or Cambodia ( and I would expect to see Laos on that list as well)

NO more double entry visa in Laos??

Same in Berlin (in fairly well hidden sidenote):

Translated:

Single Entry 30 Euro

Double Entry 60 Euro (only up to 12.11.)

Triple Entry 90 Euro (only up to 12.11.)

Multiple Entry 150 Euro (from 13.11. onward)

Nice little money maker tongue.png

Thai Embassy Berlin, in German:

http://thaiembassy.de/site/index.php/de/konsularwesen-visa-beglaubigungen/wie-man-ein-visum-beantragt

Edited by KhunBENQ

Los Angeles was the trailblazer:

Los Angeles Consulate no longer issuing triple entry visas/

I had a foreshadowing tongue.png

If and when the rumored 6 month Tourist Visa ever actually materialises.

13 November. Confirmed officially and reported in the news section.

And wouldn't that be a good opportunity to stop the triple entry and issue multiple to make some more money whistling.gif

Cancelling the double entry also is really a rip-off. From 60 to 150 Euro if you want two 60 day entries.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

No more double and triple entry tourist visas in Germany from 13.11.15 only single entry and the new METV Visa.

Would you have a link for this?

As was said two and three entry TV's will no longer be available from the Thai German Embassy.

http://thaiembassy.de/site/index.php/konsularwesen-visa-beglaubigungen/wie-man-ein-visum-beantragt

No more double and triple entry tourist visas in Germany from 13.11.15 only single entry and the new METV Visa.

As was said two and three entry TV's will no longer be available from the Thai German Embassy.

http://thaiembassy.de/site/index.php/konsularwesen-visa-beglaubigungen/wie-man-ein-visum-beantragt

You link is an error page

And you are not the person I asked to

I have just checked the link directly from your response and it works!

Whats the problem ?

Tourist (TR) ***
max. je 60 Tage
- 1 Einreise
- 2 Einreisen (nur noch bis zum 12.11.2015)
- 3 Einreisen (nur noch bis zum 12.11.2015)
- mehrfache Einreisen (ab dem 13.11.2015)
Google Translate is your friend!
Edited by oncearugge
  • Like 1

Whats the problem ?

Tourist (TR) ***
max. je 60 Tage
- 1 Einreise

Could you stop harassing me?

this is describing the price of regular tourist visa per entry

and it just mentions that METV will start in Nov

That never mentioned TR visa bing replaced by METV

Whats the problem ?

Tourist (TR) ***
max. je 60 Tage
- 1 Einreise

Could you stop harassing me?

this is describing the price of regular tourist visa per entry

and it just mentions that METV will start i

That never mentioned TR visa bing replaced by METV

Try reading it again

It says 2&3 entry tourist visas will no longer be issued after the 12 November 2015!

Please stop harassing me for providing good, unbiased information supported by a genuine, functioning link.

You lack of understanding is not my problem

• Like 2

I have called the embassy yesterday and they said the double and triple entry tourist visa are not more available after the 12. November 2015.

I think that every Thai Embassy and consulate "World Wide" will stop the double and triple entry Visa.

I have called the embassy yesterday and they said the double and triple entry tourist visa are not more available after the 12. November 2015.

I think that every Thai Embassy and consulate "World Wide" will stop the double and triple entry Visa.

I would agree but moderator said it was just "baseless suspicion"

There has been no official notice that the regular 2 and 3 entry tourist visas will phased out. Just a baseless suspicion by some people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862816-bridge-11-months-until-i-can-get-a-retirement-visa/?p=9963342&hl=baseless

Edited by Kitsune

This makes little sense to me. First of all, I never plan my trips in advance so gettting all the stuff together and a ticket to show is not possible. Second, there is so much to see and do over in SE asia, that the fun of going there is I can decide what to do when I get there. Easy to book a trip to Cambodia. No need or desire to plan or book anything in advance. Third, the OP says the air ticket must show at least two entries. That implies a very well known and laid out itinerary. I don't know how bookings in Norway work, but here in the USA it is just about 100% better to just buy the roundtrip ticket from LAX to BKK. Then if one wants to fly around to Laos or Cambodia, it is cheaper to buy those tickets over there. Combining multiple cities with say my EVA ticket from LAX to BKK and back would be very expensive, and it is not even feasible as I book directly with EVA, use my frequent miles with them for my discount etc. If this new visa works for you, best wishes. To me, as written, it looks bad

Whats the problem ?

Tourist (TR) ***

max. je 60 Tage

- 1 Einreise

Your link doesn't work (at least not using Firefox) if you have default language set to English in your browser. The site will add "?Lang=en" to the end of the address and as mentioned by Kitsune send you to an error page (since there is no English language version of the page). If you change "en" to "de" the page displays correctly.

Sophon

• Like 1

The link does work if not deliberately altered.

http://thaiembassy.de/site/index.php/de/konsularwesen-visa-beglaubigungen/wie-man-ein-visum-beantragt

For those who cannot/read understand German the page is easily translated into German.

In Chrome simply right click on the page and choose "Translate to English" from the options which appear.

This makes little sense to me. First of all, I never plan my trips in advance so gettting all the stuff together and a ticket to show is not possible. Second, there is so much to see and do over in SE asia, that the fun of going there is I can decide what to do when I get there. Easy to book a trip to Cambodia. No need or desire to plan or book anything in advance. Third, the OP says the air ticket must show at least two entries. That implies a very well known and laid out itinerary. I don't know how bookings in Norway work, but here in the USA it is just about 100% better to just buy the roundtrip ticket from LAX to BKK. Then if one wants to fly around to Laos or Cambodia, it is cheaper to buy those tickets over there. Combining multiple cities with say my EVA ticket from LAX to BKK and back would be very expensive, and it is not even feasible as I book directly with EVA, use my frequent miles with them for my discount etc. If this new visa works for you, best wishes. To me, as written, it looks bad

The thing is, it's not meant to please farangs but the expected 7 millions of Chinese tourists who are supposedly flock in soon.

• Like 1