THAI ANGLERS ?

mercman24

FIRSTLY sorry about my double post, it said "not responding" ok on subject, i just wonderd why thai anglers like to fish 3 feet apart, last week i fished from a bridge, some thia guy shows up and every cast he trotted across my line, and today i fish the weir outlet, 3 guys show up, plenty of room on the headland,(100 ft) and guess what 5 rods out within the space of 30 feet,and me piggy in the middle, on a fast flowing river, ok this is thailand, and i had to smile.if ya want to catch a plastic bag this is the place. snagged every cast,

• 3 weeks later...

You're right this is Thailand. I encounter this all the time and no longer consider it a problem. What we (as foreigners) have to remember is that Thai's are a collective society and are more comfortable doing things together in groups. We, on the other hand are predominantly individuals and don't like to have, what we consider our 'personal space' encroached upon. You did the right thing, grin and bear it. By the way, did you catch anything other than plastic bags? tongue.png

Archived