Divorce in Isaan

janpharma

What is wrong with some guys. Dont they understand the saying "you can take a girl from the bar but can never take the bar from the girl". If a lady is prepared to sell her soul and hole for the elusive baht then dont you think she is capable of anything? Leave the bar girls where they belong. In a bar. Sorry but no sympathy. Use the primary brain not the secondary brain. Bar girls (prostitutes) belong in bars or brothels. They do not belong in the kitchen cooking dinner waiting faithfully for their loving husband to come home and eat after a hard days work. Tigers belong in the jungle not playing in your backyard.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, by the way, I didn't go to Pattaya...I stay in a quiet place somewhere in Rayong...

No problem going to pattaya... Have the time of your life with the money you 'think' you should be giving her (for being a slimy dirty ho and leaving you for a cripple??)... Actually, I feel bad for you, just don't marry the next slimy dirty ho that says she loves you...

... And please read "The Book" (Private Dancer)

Obviously its the new Farang ATM who is footing the legal fees.

The OP is being stitched up and sadly I can`t see any ways out of this for him, except that he tries to get out of this as economically as possible.

He could make an offer of 50/50 split on the house and argue that as the new guy has admitted in writing that he is paying each month a fee for the services of the OP`s wife (that`s prostitution in theory) and therefore she is now financially the boyfriend`s responsibility. The OP made a critical error in his life by marrying a prostitute and it`s going to cost him. How much? Depends on the case he presents.

Since New Year my wife started having an affair with another farang. Of course she never told me...I took care of her and her 2 children since 8 years and this year I also paid for the University of the daughter. In June, the (disabled) new boy friend feared that she would come back to me. He phoned to me saying that he was having "a sexual relationship" with her for which he paid her 15.000.- Thb/month and also gave her presents (clothes, gold etc...). My wife deinied everything but more and more people in Prakhon Chai were talking about her. I asked the boy-friend to write me a declaration about this affair...and he did. Than I went to the Court in Buriram in order to obtain a divorce. My wife also came with a Lawyer and demanded the (almost new) house + 10.000.000.-Thb. (She is not Hi-So, she came from a bar in Pattaya). After 3 hrs of discussion her demand went down to 800.000.-Thb +house.

I told heer that she could keep the house ( costed me 1,8 mio) but I didn't see any reason to pay her.

The (female) Judge and the lawyer insisted that I had to "do something" and even threatened me saying that if I didn't, I could be sentenced at the next hearing (Feb 2016). So I offered to give 300.000.-Thb for the daughter's studies. My wife refused and I will have to go back to Court again...

Even having the written prove...they don't take this in consideration.

Hi of what I have been told if married to a thai you get 50% of the home if you can sell , hide your money send it home you say she goes has sex with some head who can't fine a thai lady in thai I for one not understand how a man from the west go's after a mans wife gets me not as if no thai lady's in thailand but now it is problem not yours so get out go get a new one and let him have the wit not you and you will not get in trouble if you not pay her out someone is bullshiting to you best of luck and get a new one lots around and good ones to .

And, by the way, I didn't go to Pattaya...I stay in a quiet place somewhere in Rayong...

No problem going to pattaya... Have the time of your life with the money you 'think' you should be giving her (for being a slimy dirty ho and leaving you for a cripple??)... Actually, I feel bad for you, just don't marry the next slimy dirty ho that says she loves you...

... And please read "The Book" (Private Dancer)

Like it

Posters should back off on the moralizing and preaching latterly the high ground. The topic is not supposed to be a cathartic release for posters, reconstructing their own errors into an ideal life for the OP.

Some ugly hypocrisy running around here.

Posters should back off on the moralizing and preaching latterly the high ground. The topic is not supposed to be a cathartic release for posters, reconstructing their own errors into an ideal life for the OP.

Some ugly hypocrisy running around here.

you should be more specific if you're gonna accuse...

No hypocrisy here. I did not marry a prostitute. For the love of me I cannot fathom the words bar girl. Is it to make others feel good instead of using the real name for the girls. I am not having a go at the girls just calling a spade a spade. They are there for short term rental. Not for meaningful relations.

In Thailand assets are divided 50/50 even if they fight it. I know I went through it. Court is very fair. Get a new lawyer.

Agreed, as per my divorce. Stupid demands were made by her before the hearing, as OP's wife, but once my lawyer put her in her place it was 50/50.

Let's say OP's house value is 1.8 + 1.2 in other assets, (cash in bank, car, motorbike etc) = 3.0, divide that by 2 = 1.5 each.

Give her the house at 1.8, job done, exactly as my divorce settlement went, painful but walked away a much happier man.

Just make sure you get a lawyer, a good lawyer, and quick who will put her in her place with regard to these stupid settlement demands.

In Thailand assets are divided 50/50 even if they fight it. I know I went through it. Court is very fair. Get a new lawyer.

Agreed, as per my divorce. Stupid demands were made by her before the hearing, as OP's wife, but once my lawyer put her in her place it was 50/50.

Let's say OP's house value is 1.8 + 1.2 in other assets, (cash in bank, car, motorbike etc) = 3.0, divide that by 2 = 1.5 each.

Give her the house at 1.8, job done, exactly as my divorce settlement went, painful but walked away a much happier man.

Just make sure you get a lawyer, a good lawyer, and quick who will put her in her place with regard to these stupid settlement demands.

Good advice as the old poem goes

Have you ever been insolvent?

Have you ever been in debt?

with creditors pursuing by the score

If you've had that sort of strife

Than I can bet my life

That you'll have to seek the service of the law

Have you ever wooed a woman

of whose age you were not sure?

It turns out she's seventeen not 24

If you have that sort of strife

than I would bett my life

Youd better seek the services of law

Go and beat the crap out of the other guy as well. Dont give you money but a lot of satisfaction

im incline to agree with you BUT 1, she's not worth it, after all she's only a bar girl and the last thing any of us should do is fight over a women in Thailand there's thousand of good women here 2. ull end up either in hospital or the police station paying out. in a word move on

I don't know about the current law, but thirty years ago the law was that you had cause for divorce if your wife's affair caused you to lose face in public. I guess if you could get half a dozen people to testify that they had heard about your wife's affair in the market and laughed at you because of the gossip that might carry some weight. Sounds like you need a better lawyer. The family law has been amended to favor husbands somewhat less, but I think it still favors men.

Close down any Thai bank accounts you have and stash the cash, then open a new account and keep the minimal amounts you need for ticking over. Sounds like you've already written the house off and you're not up for the fight. Let the tart stew in her own money obsessed juices. Relax in Rayong knowing she'll be spitting feathers in her house and wiping the cripples dirty arse???

The "cause" for divorce is not in doubt. The wife committed adultery. The problem is the compensation she is demanding.

She is legally entitled to half the house "assuming it was bought after marriage" + half of any asset growth during marriage. Morally she is entitled to nothing in my book!

Jan should just walk away, but to protect himself against future divorce proceedings instigated by the wife, have her adultery duly noted by a lawyer and let him/her (the lawyer) advise the wife of that fact.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time, it must be worrying. Getting a decent lawyer seems the way to go but in addition I would start to move your money out of Thai bank account as soon as possible.

Draw cash out each time and dont put it back into another Thai account. Then in February simply claim that you have been depressed and you spent it on yourself and you dont have any real money left.

They can't get what you dont have. I think agreeing to give her the house is more then generous, you are leaving her with a roof for her and her children so you have discharged your duties for sure.

Whatever you do good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Hello all, i am being Divorced by mutual agreement in Khon Kan in December from Thai wife, can any one tell me if its true that i need some papers translated into Thai and if it is true where do i get it done

Both need to take marriage certificate,passport for you and copy ,id wife and copy ,blue book for home ,that was all we needed ,very easy

Don't use a Thai lawyer ,use Isaan lawyers they are good and not expensive ,can be trusted most importantly

And what nationality do you think the lawyers are at Isaan lawyers then???...lol

HL

Thai / Canadian With Canadian moralities

The only practicing lawyers are Thai.

Isaan Lawyers would have been my first port of call if I had used a lawyer at all. I think I would have just walked - getting a divorce would not have bothered me.

Isaan Lawyers would have been my first port of call if I had used a lawyer at all. I think I would have just walked - getting a divorce would not have bothered me.

Exactly.

Walk with your money. Let the dishonourable wife sue for divorce in abstentia. She pays all the costs and just gets the house, which is likely hers anyway.

I understand that in Thailand you can sue the farang lover for alienation of affection, or a term to that effect.

That threat might strengthen your bargaining power with your wife or help you re-coup some of the monies you are going to pay her.

Why bother with a divorce Jan?

Unless you want to re-marry, stay as you are. Leave the wife. Have a legal letter of separation sent to her setting out why you have left, and then get on with your life (seemingly in Pattaya according to an earlier post)

That way there is no settlement necessary. You have already lost the house. Why lose money too.

Let the wife sue for divorce, then come up with the evidence/documents etc you have, and make sure that any money you have is suitably "lost".

This is the best advice you will get of all the "advice" offered to you. If you want to remarry well then your a sucker for punishment go for it. My good friend did and got burned twice on condo's. Loosing 10 mil on a house is a lot of money why hang around for the other shoe to drop. Save your 800,000 bahts to enjoy the rest of your life. Buying property here is a trap as Thai women can do a 360 on you and your left in the lurch and if your older like me and not a millionaire its a big bite out of your Golden Years retirement plan. Yes I know all the guys with good wives will step out of the woodwork on this one but the first person you must protect here is yourself regardless if your spouse is good or bad. Not only did you loose your wife (which in years to come looking back will look a good move) unless your rich you lost a good part of your life savings by sinking money into the house. Unfortunately stories like yours happen every day here.

My missus gets plenty of requests to buy useless Issan land at the farang price.We had a long talk about this,i only have x amount to see us out and some left over if i go first,you cant eat dirt and the rice you grow on it is a loss making project.I have a usufuct to protect me against the family,if she goes first.That's all i can do,plus not married,legally.

The commonsense strategy would have been - don't enter the relationship in the 1st place. 20/20 vision of course.

Of course, and that's why i said rent the cow, walk away when your done!!!

I can see that you are a warm and caring human being - did you try that strategy in your home country ?

Exactly.

Walk with your money. Let the dishonourable wife sue for divorce in abstentia. She pays all the costs and just gets the house, which is likely hers anyway.

Walk across the border with all your cash,preferably Laos or Cambodia where you can still use baht.Spend a lot of time in these countries,come back to Thailand,for a holiday if you must.Then come back in 5 years.

Archived