BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpharma

Divorce in Isaan

Why bother with a divorce Jan?

Unless you want to re-marry, stay as you are. Leave the wife. Have a legal letter of separation sent to her setting out why you have left, and then get on with your life (seemingly in Pattaya according to an earlier post)

That way there is no settlement necessary. You have already lost the house. Why lose money too.

Let the wife sue for divorce, then come up with the evidence/documents etc you have, and make sure that any money you have is suitably "lost".

This is exactly what a hai man would do, minus the Letter to the wife, just leave her with the house and nothing else, she can work to pay her daughters schooling.............I'd make a clean cut if I were you, then do what the nick above says.thumbsup.gif

I divorced my wife at the Amphur she paid the 30 Baht fee. I refused to give her a penny.

You do not owe her anything.

Both my Thai divorces only incurred the filing fee - she was at fault both times - yeah, we married twice, once for love, and once for tax deductions. I bought her the tapioca farm with no expectations of getting anything out of it - its hers and hers alone.wai2.gif

its funny all these men that post here as a rule they say there girls are not bar girls which I suspect is untrue in many cases, then of course when it goes wrong as in this case it did the OP shouts it from the roof tops she WAS a bar girl.cheesy.gif I have no sympathy for the OP as I would never marry anyone again I tried it once when I was young and stupid and later I learned it doesn't work. stay single you don't have to sleep alone if you don't want to in Thailand.

its funny all these men that post here as a rule they say there girls are not bar girls which I suspect is untrue in many cases, then of course when it goes wrong as in this case it did the OP shouts it from the roof tops she WAS a bar girl.cheesy.gif I have no sympathy for the OP as I would never marry anyone again I tried it once when I was young and stupid and later I learned it doesn't work. stay single you don't have to sleep alone if you don't want to in Thailand.

IMHO, you are a cruel heartless man.

50 lashes please, Somchai.

IMHO, you are a cruel heartless man.

50 lashes please, Somchai.

have I hit a nerve my friend ???cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I am a very nervous man.

Medication 3 times per day.

Yeah Jan... If I'm you I wouldn't bother with divorce. Just separate as suggested. The kids aren't yours so you don't have a moral obligation to continue support. You already bought a house so leave it like that. She probably had this guy and more since you got married. Don't be a sucker and support her boyfriend. No matter how far a guy goes he just can't seem to get away from those pest adulterous foreigners.

Go and beat the crap out of the other guy as well. Dont give you money but a lot of satisfaction

Judges do not usually spend several hours with both sets of lawyers thrashing out terms of a settlement. The lawyers do this betwen themselves and present an agreed situation to a judge

And why would Jan be "sentenced " at the next hearing? He has done nothing wrong. Without an agreed settlement, a divorce would not be granted, and there would be requirement to pay any settlement monies.

Jan I think, has his facts a bit mixed up.

Do you have a Usafructs agreement on the Land Office Chanot ..papers? If so who's final name is the last on the BACK of the Chanot If you do have this agreement and your name is the last, then you can live there until the Usafructus term, or your, life expires...Or with a good lawyer negotiate a price for her to pay you to remove your name...don't remove it otherwise. If you've already put the house in her name, then the matter changes. Thai courts favour Thais.

May I suggest Judge Judy.

She will give you a fair hearing.

Unless you want to re-marry, stay as you are. Leave the wife. Have a legal letter of separation sent to her setting out why you have left, and then get on with your life (seemingly in Pattaya according to an earlier post)

That way there is no settlement necessary. You have already lost the house. Why lose money too.

Let the wife sue for divorce, then come up with the evidence/documents etc you have, and make sure that any money you have is suitably "lost".

This is the best advice you will get of all the "advice" offered to you. If you want to remarry well then your a sucker for punishment go for it. My good friend did and got burned twice on condo's. Loosing 10 mil on a house is a lot of money why hang around for the other shoe to drop. Save your 800,000 bahts to enjoy the rest of your life. Buying property here is a trap as Thai women can do a 360 on you and your left in the lurch and if your older like me and not a millionaire its a big bite out of your Golden Years retirement plan. Yes I know all the guys with good wives will step out of the woodwork on this one but the first person you must protect here is yourself regardless if your spouse is good or bad. Not only did you loose your wife (which in years to come looking back will look a good move) unless your rich you lost a good part of your life savings by sinking money into the house. Unfortunately stories like yours happen every day here.

Always Buriram, Sisaket or Udon Thani. What is it about these provinces?

You forgot Surin

im sorry but why do these guys marry bar girls they are prostitutes would they marry a prostitute in there own country they slept with so many guys so they dont care as long as money come in no morals at all is it me or are they deserate for pussy and dont care how much it cost sorry to be so blatent but stupid comes to mind

Agree 100%, walk away.

The money is spent and written off to experience.

Re-marrying should be last reason to be pro-active in this case.