Bung Boraphet - Nakhon Sawan

Chris.B

I'd heard it was the biggest source of freshwater fish, might be the biggest depending on the season, I think it doubles or trebles its size in rainy season.

Good place to buy fresh fish as well

I meant to put those pictures under pinned images but managed to start a new topic instead!

I have also seen Bung Boraphet described as a swamp which suggests its size is variable depending on the season. There are fish farms in the area where you can buy 'fingerlings' to start your own fish farm.

Thai fishermen fish the lake from small boats putting traps into the lake for the fish. On the northern edge is a goverment research centre for fish and crocodiles. They have quite a large crocodile farm and have been reintroducing crocs back into the lake!

Near the research centre is a jetty where you can rent flat bottom boats for 400 baht an hour. These boats are large enough for at least 12 people. A couple of times now I have taken my Thai family out for a treat on the lake which includes bringing a picnic and a cool box of Beer Chang. :o Its a great way to spend an afternoon.

post-35772-1159733331_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris.B