Big changes coming to tourist visa applications?

I follow HD visa on Facebook who I think are pretty well known to anyone who has ever had to do a visa run from Koh Samui/Koh Tao etc

Anyway, I saw they just posted this message:

Many people asked us about the new Tourist Visa regulations.

Fact is, that they are not in place yet. There is a meeting planned for Mid-November where details will be agreed upon and rules are coming into effect.

What we know by now is the following:

- There will be a 6 month tourist visa that you can apply to ONLY in your country of residency (not on one of our visa trips).
- There will be a single entry tourist visa that you can apply to outside of your country of residency, for instance on our visa trip
- There will be no more multiple entry tourist visa available outside of your country of residency

https://www.facebook.com/hdvisa?fref=nf

Is this new info?

Could be important to those who stay here on tourist visas??

Just thought I would share it here.

confirmed on these Embassy's sites, only in if ur a national of:

Norway

Italy

Germany

Finland

Cambodia $200

Singapore $180

Thats not what is important

what is is;

1. u need anywhere from 6,000 euro (Italy) to $8,000 ( Singapore/Cambodia) in ur bank an must show 6 months of bank statements

2. a JOB

3. confirmed hotel reservations

Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Singaporean nationals or Long-Term Pass Holder of Singapore.

4. Evidence of adequate finance
Single-Entry Tourist Visa: $1000 per person and $2000 per family
Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)
5. Letter of Employment (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
6. Evidence of accommodation booking (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)

Single-Entry Tourist Visa: S$50
Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: S$250 $180 US

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matte...s/tourist-visa

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

Yes, I'd heard about the multiple entry tourist visa but didn't know it would only be available in your own country.

I can not proof that for other countries (only what I read for Germany).

Maybe there will soon be information from the neighboring countries.

EDIT: previous post gives the answer.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1. u need anywhere from 6,000 euro (Italy) to $8,000 ( Singapore/Cambodia) in ur bank an must show 6 months of bank statements

2. a JOB

Thats rough whistling.gif

German website just says: account statement with 5000 Euro balance (no additional details).

Not mentioning job.

Job? Somewhat absurd for pensioners or those simply rich quality tourists biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

from the Norway site;

From 13 November 2015, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry valid for 6 months from the issue date with duration of stay up to 60 days per visit will be introduced. Therefore, the existing Tourist Visa with 2 and 3 entries will no longer valid after the introduction of the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.

To apply for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry, following documents must be submitted to the Embassy:
1. Passport with validity of more than 6 months
2. Copy of Passport
3. Completed visa application form
4. Two passport photos
5. Copy of air ticket to Thailand, showing at least two entries into Thailand
6. Copy of residence permit in Norway (for non-Norwegian citizen applicant)*
7. Visa fee of 1,250 NOK in cash

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

from the Norway site;

From 13 November 2015, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry valid for 6 months from the issue date with duration of stay up to 60 days per visit will be introduced. Therefore, the existing Tourist Visa with 2 and 3 entries will no longer valid after the introduction of the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry.

To apply for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry, following documents must be submitted to the Embassy:

2. Copy of Passport

4. Two passport photos

I know and agree, but apparently it does not mean anything...He's a moderator maybe he knows better...

That being said, I would be surprised that Laos decides cut off the visa runners tourism business which makes out a lot of income for a place that does not have much appeal, unless Chinese tourists suddenly discover a new found passion for Laos, then its over..

from the Norway site;

2. Copy of Passport

4. Two passport photos

I know and agree, but apparently it does not mean anything...He's a moderator maybe he knows better...

That being said, I would be surprised that Laos decides cut off the visa runners tourism business which makes out a lot of income for a place that does not have much appeal, unless Chinese tourists suddenly discover a new found passion for Laos, then its over..

It cant't be more clear, this is from Thai embassy in Stockholm Sweden http://www.thaiembassy.se/minmapp/filer/pdf-pages/Visa/%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A8_%E0%B8%84%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A5_131115%20%28En%29.pdf

• Like 1

... I would be surprised that Laos decides cut off the visa runners tourism business which makes out a lot of income for a place that does not have much appeal, unless Chinese tourists suddenly discover a new found passion for Laos, then its over..

This could go either way. As it stands, most of us only have to go there every 6 months. Maybe that will become every 3 months, IF they will specify exactly what they want to see as "proof of income" vis-a-vis the "blue stamp".

If they do not do this, then the other nations will get most of our traveling bucks, instead - as we rotate through various SE Asian nations. Many under-50s will also give up and take their foreign-sourced income elsewhere. I love Thailand, so will stick it out as long as there is a sensible way.

Apparently Vientiane was refusing proofs of foreign funds because they were in foreign language.

In their logic, having no way to check foreign docs, they would direct us out to METV, ie go back to your own country where proper checks can be made.

which will leave 2 singles allowed then METV trip to homeland.

If thats the scenario, there will be alot of empty hotels in Vientiane.

Edited by Kitsune

" Many under-50s will also give up and take their foreign-sourced income elsewhere"

How many is "Many"?

Thailand is visited by Millions of genuine tourists every year.

I seriously doubt that the departure of a few who cannot find a legitimate means of remaining in Thailand full time will cause much anxiety.

Where is elsewhere..

Countries with flap doors.

Name them.

Wrong guy quoted.

Sorry.

Edited by Lampang2

Kitsune

I know when I mean Paris and I know when I mean France. Know All!

Marseille has been shut for over a year, so how they can do anything I would not know. In the last three years I have had 1 entry visas from both P & M, neither doing double entries. I have never had any business with Lyon.

Edited by Gillyflower

Kitsune

I know when I mean Paris and I know when I mean France. Know All!

Marseille has been shut for over a year, so how they can do anything I would not know. In the last three years I have had 1 entry visas from both P & M, neither doing double entries. I have never had any business with Lyon.

its been reported here that at least one other consulate than Paris was still doing doubles.

It was Lyon and not Marseille

Lyon is still French is it ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855998-tourist-doubletriple-entry-how-where/

Posted 2015-09-15 20:21:12

I don't know for triple entry, but double entry shouldn't be a problem.

I ordered my double entry by mail service at the Lyon consulate (registred post)

Was quite fast, sent my passport on monday, got it back friday.

Not sure for your baby, but I don't think it should be an issue.

For the required papers, just call them to be sure everything is going to be ok.

I got my double entry 3 years ago and regulations have probably changed since then