Boarder-run and visa-run from Phi Phi?

Bigboy1989

This guy is dead meat already. But go ahead you will end up on the streets like 99% of foreign dreamers.

Yeah I am here, read all the answers and here is my :
My girlfriend has already a shop in phi phi more than 1 year.
I met her there at the beach.
I know to speak thai language enough to understand and make myself understood by others.
I asked her about the problems you mentioned and she first got angry and she said that she doesnt know anything about this, and that there are many nepals that own shops and etc.

So now I think about this method:
Going to visit her for 2 weeks and learn the field,
If it will look like we cannot do it (of course I will Ask the other not locals people about everything, even about the payment to the police as she said) then we dont, and if it looks like we can so we will.

What you think?

How long have you known your GF? How long have you been together? How long have you lived in Thailand? How and where did you meet each other?

I hate to agree with the other comments here, but sir, sincerely, you are making a very big mistake. BEWARE...do not just automatically trust your Thai GF...they can be very cunning. Many foreign men have been in the exact situation you are in now and lost everything and many of them end up committing suicide. That's why you are getting the warnings from others here....it's because they care and hate to see another guy lose everything because 'love/lust is blind' If you have to put money into this venture, don't expect to see that money again. There is a high chance you won't. If anything, take your time, don't let your GF push you or manipulate you. You may think everything is fine now between you two, but if your relationship has any problems in the future, you're screwed. Yes, of course there are guys with good, healthy relationships in Thailand, and i'm sure there are some good honest and loving Thai women, however, the fact is, there are a lot of golddiggers and parasites in Thailand( yes, and in other countries) who have no scruples.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Met on the beach ? What bar did she work in before? You can speak Thai but you can barely speak English Yea she got angry because she knew that you were starting to wake up from your fantasy a tiny bit . But once she had her top off you were back in La la land. For example where i live i have seen a woman with a shop for years. Every year she has a new foreign sucker. Seen at least five already. I am sure she is heading back to Pattaya to look for number six. Perhaps you would like to be her next victim. WAKE UP!

I know to speak thai language enough to understand and make myself understood by others.
I asked her about the problems you mentioned and she first got angry and she said that she doesnt know anything about this, and that there are many nepals that own shops and etc.

If it will look like we cannot do it (of course I will Ask the other not locals people about everything, even about the payment to the police as she said) then we dont, and if it looks like we can so we will.

What you think?

OK, I'll bite. What exactly is she selling in this 'shop' that gets frequently touted by the OP as the basis for a bad idea?

....silence.

I think the more information you have now offered was needed at the start.

A sister there in PP for 10 years with a large shop ( owned ? or an employee ? ) already changes things.

As does the information that you arent rushing ahead after 2 weeks visiting ...thats good - as is the fact she will go in 50:50 ( if you are sure about that ? )

It has good possibilities , particularly as she is South Thai with many shared language and cultural traits as the islanders - but you should think about what you would lose if you split with her after investing in the shop, as cross cultural relationships face many more obstacles than other relationships.

Her sister not own the shop and not work in, she rent the place and sell things with her husband

And yes of course i take all the info from here in a good way of thinking and want to help , and its also make me think more clear.

I will go visit her in february for 2 weeks as I said.

And then continue to save money and after maybe 1 year will go to live with her for some months then consider open it.

Thanks to all!

Thanks for telling us that the shop sells things.

Now we know you'll do very well.

Your story seems to change often. Sorry but this whole situation sounds fishy. You could not pay me enough to live or even visit any of those islands. If your story is true it is still a VERY BAD IDEA . So you plan to help her in her shop also ? Do you have a work visa. ? Are you willing to pay off the local mafia often? Are you willing to risk your savings and your life for this fantasy ?

Met on the beach ? What bar did she work in before? You can speak Thai but you can barely speak English Yea she got angry because she knew that you were starting to wake up from your fantasy a tiny bit . But once she had her top off you were back in La la land. For example where i live i have seen a woman with a shop for years. Every year she has a new foreign sucker. Seen at least five already. I am sure she is heading back to Pattaya to look for number six. Perhaps you would like to be her next victim. WAKE UP!

What you think?

We met in the party at the beach,

We lived together in her room for 3 weeks ,

Woke up every morning and went with her to the shop and etc,

Her sister sell clothes and all the surroundings.

I have been in Thailand 4 years ago for 30 days,

And this time I was 47 days, met her in the last trip. And now we are more then a week each on his own country.

I think just to try first and not rush on buying a place, if it will be a scam then I"ll lose a rent payment, I'm 26 years old , I think I can fix it if I lose a rent payment, and I can look this as a trip also (just thinking haha I am here because I don't sure yet about everything, if I was sure about the way I wouldn't post here to hear all of your advices)

Of course if we will think to open it won't be in the 1st day I arrive, and of course I won't be the only 1 who pays. She even told me that I can work in any other thing and not open together anything,

Just be together.

Your call guys :)

And this time I was 47 days, met her in the last trip. And now we are more then a week each on his own country.

I think just to try first and not rush on buying a place, if it will be a scam then I"ll lose a rent payment, I'm 26 years old , I think I can fix it if I lose a rent payment, and I can look this as a trip also (just thinking haha I am here because I don't sure yet about everything, if I was sure about the way I wouldn't post here to hear all of your advices)

Of course if we will think to open it won't be in the 1st day I arrive, and of course I won't be the only 1 who pays. She even told me that I can work in any other thing and not open together anything,

Just be together.

Your call guys smile.png

To "work in any other things" legally, you would need a Thai employer, a "B" visa and a Work Permit.

Come to Thailand for an enjoyable holiday then go back home.

Pursuing a fantasy will end in disaster and you will be the loser.

Just be together.

Your call guys smile.png

you've known her 77 days? and you believe everything she says? 'she told me this...she told me that.'I hate to say this but you do sound very naive about certain things in Thailand. All i can say is SUCKER!!!!!

you already knew what you're going to do before asking for advice. And of course a 26 year old knows everything. THe people on here tried to help you...but you really don't want help. Maybe you think because you don't know anyone on this forum that they know nothing and are trying to scare you. Well, good luck!! That's all i can say.

Just be together.

Your call guys smile.png

you've known her 77 days? and you believe everything she says? 'she told me this...she told me that.'I hate to say this but you do sound very naive about certain things in Thailand. All i can say is SUCKER!!!!!

you already knew what you're going to do before asking for advice. And of course a 26 year old knows everything. THe people on here tried to help you...but you really don't want help. Maybe you think because you don't know anyone on this forum that they know nothing and are trying to scare you. Well, good luck!! That's all i can say.

Hey bro you don't need to be angry,

And I really got a lot of info from here even if its not look like I do.

I am now really not sure I will do the step, I will have to wait to February to know more about me and about her first and of course about the island as everyone said here.

By saying February I mean vacation of 10-12 days there , and by vacation I mean investigation of all things you guys said here .

Its not that I don't believe things as you all said happened, I know it did, but I really have to go deeper before I can just say bye bye (you know when your heart involve you need a proof in your own eyes)

there is no rush to open this shop ,your girlfriend already has a shop so forget about the shop for now,get yourself over here for six months live and travel with the girlfriend and get to know her and thailand more,you are not gonna learn anything in a 10 -12 day trip in february you will be all loved up and on the holiday vibe and everything will seem just perfect.

there is no rush to open this shop ,your girlfriend already has a shop so forget about the shop for now,get yourself over here for six months live and travel with the girlfriend and get to know her and thailand more,you are not gonna learn anything in a 10 -12 day trip in february you will be all loved up and on the holiday vibe and everything will seem just perfect.

Good idea, thank you

Don't listen to these fools, some of them never get off the sofa

a holiday to them is to go to the next village for a beer, none of

them have ever been to the Island, you go, start a business and

when you have buckets of cash write back and show us some

photos with the caption ''i told you so'' tell us the name so i can

go and say hello, good luck.

Yeah, She wen' get angry, Brah..

No tell 'er her you wen brag about her on the Haole/Farang Forum..

Whaddyu tinking, 'eh??

You still remind me myself.

(Secret forum..anonymous..?)

still kidding..You funny..

Alohz

Archived