Chiang Mai police charge BMW-driving businessman for highway gunplay (VIDEO)

webfact

Police Charge BMW-Driving Businessman for Highway Gunplay
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14452504441445250506l.jpg
Police said Niwat Wicharn confessed today to being the man seen on video firing a gun from the window of his moving BMW on Saturday in Chiang Mai province.

CHIANG MAI — A businessman in Chiang Mai province was arrested today for firing a handgun to threaten other motorists from his BMW on Saturday night – an incident captured on video and posted online.

Niwat Wicharn, 40, explained to police today that at the time he was drunk from “two jugs of beer” and worried about 2 million baht he was carrying when he fired four shots into the air to warn off another car that was tailgating him.

The incident took place, Niwat said, while his wife was driving them home from dinner and he noticed the car behind kept approaching close flashing its headlights – behavior Niwat said eventually caused him to snap.

“It angered me, and I was drunk because I had two jugs of beer,” said Niwat, who owns a construction firm.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1445250444&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-10-20

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice custodial sentence would help him sober up but what's the chance ? You would think if anyone was carrying that amount of cash they would be looking to get it to a place of security as a priority not taking time out to go on the piss.

Any advance on a suspended sentence ?

Why were the other cars flashing their lights to them? Did they drive far too slow because also the wife was drunk maybe? Or was it the to dark tanned windows?

I also flash my lights to slow drivers on the mainroad. I also expect them to be drunk and driving.

Why were the other cars flashing their lights to them? Did they drive far too slow because also the wife was drunk maybe? Or was it the to dark tanned windows?

I also flash my lights to slow drivers on the mainroad. I also expect them to be drunk and driving.

Quite possibly, but often they are on the phone getting directions.

The flashing is what the idiot claims - it could be just an excuse, like "the brakes failed".

As for being drunk - another excuse. If he's that self-centred, he might do something similar even when not intoxicated.

Totally irresponsible, stray bullets have inflicted damage many times before.

And (ref the article headline) he was not driving - his wife was.

“It angered me, and I was drunk because I had two jugs of beer,” said Niwat, who owns a construction firm.

Oh, gee, I guess that makes it all okay then...... 2 million being held as "evidence"?

Is this news because 1. driving a beemer and still got arrested? 2. he admitted he had drunk 2 jugs of beer after the fact? 3. I was hoping cops actually nailed him on highway, then read full story...

Everybody, should place 2 dash cameras in his or her car. One to the frond, and one to the back.

I somebody drives like sh*t, just go and post it online. Write some key words and in Thai, as well.

So that the police get attention to that movie. I will helps a lot, to improve the traffic.

A sticker in Thai will be be do. "Smile in the camera, you are on record".

Everybody, should place 2 dash cameras in his or her car. One to the frond, and one to the back.

I somebody drives like sh*t, just go and post it online. Write some key words and in Thai, as well.

So that the police get attention to that movie. I will helps a lot, to improve the traffic.

How about "Smile, your on candid camera"?

I really hope that this arrogant hi-so sonofab*tch will get into trouble for this, although of course I seriously doubt that he will, for reasons which I don't have to explain here as every single TVF reader is quite aware of them.

Thailand is not the only country where big money makes people become absolute morons, but it must be said that their specific set of 'nouveau riche' behaviour puts them in the top ten list of the worst, right up there with Chinese millionaires and Russian mafia.

Everyone was a kid once. When you're a kid, if you're told repeatedly by your parents and teachers that money maketh not man, but education, intelligence, tolerance and manners do, then the concept is bound to settle somewhere in the back of your mind and that's how societies can evolve as a whole, rather than becoming naught but tribes of Neanderthals in BMWs and high rise buildings.

If adults have this kind of rotten behaviour, it means that the idea is simply not there in their pea-sized brain, and that's because nobody put it there.

Thai society, you have an ethics problem and an education problem, both serious.

That's a 9mm. There sure is a lot of that in Thailand, seemingly being involved in most gun incidents. It's the official NATO cartridge and I believe the RTP uses it and the Thai armed forces use it.

This is also the US military cartridge (NATO standard) and I believe Thailand buys a lot of arms from the US.

I wonder how much of it is stolen or in some type of corruption purchased and "lost"?

(I can see it's 9mm from the bullets, not the vid.)

The cops are an interesting bunch. If there is something percievably more important (firing a gun) going on, they seem to ignore the other law (drink driving) that has been broken. All those zeroes must make them a little light headed i suppose

The cops are an interesting bunch. If there is something percievably more important (firing a gun) going on, they seem to ignore the other law (drink driving) that has been broken. All those zeroes must make them a little light headed i suppose

Did you ignore the fact that his wife was driving.

I have been in my car while my wife was driving with double that in the car.

Yet i didnt feel the need to have a gun or even lock the doors and the car was surrounded by traffic the whole time until i got to the bank.!!

Guess it must be a BMW owner thing or the gun and car are compensating for something else he is lacking!!

I love all the name calling used by TV members. I suppose being jelly has nothing to do with it.

Too bad you can't all be driving around in a BMW with 2M bht cash stashed away.

Yes, the guy is an idiot but doesn't warrant the naming calling that's just childish but then again I tend to forget which forum I'm replying to.

Archived