Chiang Mai police charge BMW-driving businessman for highway gunplay (VIDEO)

webfact

That's a 9mm. There sure is a lot of that in Thailand, seemingly being involved in most gun incidents. It's the official NATO cartridge and I believe the RTP uses it and the Thai armed forces use it.

This is also the US military cartridge (NATO standard) and I believe Thailand buys a lot of arms from the US.

I wonder how much of it is stolen or in some type of corruption purchased and "lost"?

(I can see it's 9mm from the bullets, not the vid.)

I saw an American documentary recently on gun control.It was stated in this film that most if not all of the perpetrators of gun crime(Sandy Hook etc)were on prescription anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication and I wondered why there was no background check with the doctor(s) at the time the guns were purchased.In this case I think the BMW owner should be given a mental health check immediately!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been in my car while my wife was driving with double that in the car.

Yet i didnt feel the need to have a gun or even lock the doors and the car was surrounded by traffic the whole time until i got to the bank.!!

Guess it must be a BMW owner thing or the gun and car are compensating for something else he is lacking!!

You can see what he is lacking ! Even has a chain round it so he can find it in the dark. What a nob !

I love all the name calling used by TV members. I suppose being jelly has nothing to do with it.

Too bad you can't all be driving around in a BMW with 2M bht cash stashed away.

Yes, the guy is an idiot but doesn't warrant the naming calling that's just childish but then again I tend to forget which forum I'm replying to.

Sorry your post is not worth commenting on.

I love all the name calling used by TV members. I suppose being jelly has nothing to do with it.

Yes, the guy is an idiot but doesn't warrant the naming calling that's just childish but then again I tend to forget which forum I'm replying to.

That's right, he's a great fellow.

For those of us that have bought land, property and cars, this is not a lot of money. A substantial amount, yes but a fortune like you are insinuating, no.

If you save all your money, no more candies or chocolate, you could buy a German car too.

I tend to forget which forum I'm replying to

So why bother then.

This is exactly why some people should never drink. And another reason why they should never be allowed to obtain a firearm. I have seen too much of this both in the USA and now Thailand. He will pay his fine and walk away only to continue his behavior until someone gets hurt or dies.

2 million baht in the car... that's some serious pocket change.

After completing a drug deal he went home but panicked.

Flashing lights from driver behind is normal.

Paranoid man with gun and BMW+ 2 million BHT = suspicious behaviour, however nothing that a reward won't fix.

Used alcohol to explain his stupidity, but cleverly "only two jugs" so they can't get him for confessing drunk driving.

Sometimes slow arrogant asses drive in the road so others cannot pass.

The others flash to get around, he gets angry at them.

Happiness is a warm gun --bang, bang- shoot, shoot.

He looks the type to me.

Clever idiot.

“It angered me, and I was drunk because I had two jugs of beer,” said Niwat, who owns a construction firm.

Oh, gee, I guess that makes it all okay then...... 2 million being held as "evidence"?

Is this news because 1. driving a beemer and still got arrested? 2. he admitted he had drunk 2 jugs of beer after the fact? 3. I was hoping cops actually nailed him on highway, then read full story...

I find it amazing....................................that anyone would admit to the cops they had that much cash ! biggrin.png

I love how they come up with an excuse for anything. Unless he was given the cash over his "two jugs of beer" no one carries 2 million around in their car.

He's just another a hole who thinks he's special.

Be careful out there people. A flash of the lights or beep of the horn to some people is enough for some people to get the piece out. Happens all to often in Thailand.

Yeah ok

I understand I have had some spastic Thais play the flash game

What they should do is just <deleted> off and overtake

Although the gun was a nice touch

The police can't prove he is stupid

Please don't use the word "spastic" as an inappropriate adjective.

I doubt if the Thais who flashed you were spastic and using the word as a form of insult, noun or adjective, is moronic.

“It angered me, and I was drunk because I had two jugs of beer,” said Niwat, who owns a construction firm.

Oh, gee, I guess that makes it all okay then...... 2 million being held as "evidence"?

Is this news because 1. driving a beemer and still got arrested? 2. he admitted he had drunk 2 jugs of beer after the fact? 3. I was hoping cops actually nailed him on highway, then read full story...

I find it amazing....................................that anyone would admit to the cops they had that much cash ! biggrin.png

I'm sure informing the BiB of that amount of cash had more than one reason Mike.

You must be new here.....cheesy.gif

A nice custodial sentence would help him sober up but what's the chance ? You would think if anyone was carrying that amount of cash they would be looking to get it to a place of security as a priority not taking time out to go on the piss.

Any advance on a suspended sentence ?

After seeing the quality of construction here and seeing as how he is in the construction business If I were him I would be worried to. No doubt some disgruntled customer of his was following him to get their money back. As in most of the construction here I would take the money and run to if I was him. A friend of mine's wife just built a new house here and its sinking into the ground and starting to collapse. The contractor is long gone with their money.

You must be new here.....cheesy.gif

No, actually I've been living here 7 years. I'm just amazed how some people on this forum has gotten so nasty behind a computer screen. Or how they have let Thailand changed them so much yet still continue to live here and find joy in bitching everything about Thais.

Sorry your post is not worth commenting on.

But you did. More self control required.

Archived