iPad Problem

jamie2009

Which iPad is it. My guess would be you're running an old iOS or old app version, and it's redirecting you to the appstore so you can upgrade.

Sadly, this wont work with older iPads :(

c

iPad 2, I upgraded last week to the latest version following a reminder.

Could you be a bit more specific regarding the issue?

Also... there are iPads (v1-4), iPad Mini (v1-4), iPad Air, iPad Air 2

You're using an iPad 2 (iOS v9.0.2) and using Safari or some other 'browser' to open and log into a Website... then you're redirected to the App Store. To what APP?

Some sites also run a 'mobile version' so will display a prompt to their dedicated mobile app.

Other times a website will serve up special App Store ads for apps that also include a 'script' to send you to that APP in the App Store when you tap anywhere on the ad.

Could you walk us through what's happening for you?

Could you be a bit more specific regarding the issue?

You're using an iPad 2 (so iOS version 5) and using Safari or some other 'browser' to open and log into a Website... then you're redirected to the App Store. To what APP?

Some sites also run a 'mobile version' so will display a prompt to their dedicated mobile app.

Other times a website will serve up special App Store ads for apps that also include a 'script' to send you to that APP in the App Store when you tap anywhere on the ad.

Could you walk us through what's happening for you?

When 'tap' the 'listen live' icon on this website, http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctees it redirects me to this website,

https://m.flirchi.com/sign/inter?p=9353&param=1&pc=9353_inter&fr=1&fb=1&gm=1&yh=1&adwpl=298549_1950&clickid=10_140693563_f3b7771e-5bc5-4f34-b805-5b80d466353e, other times it redirects me to other sites,

On my iPad Mini 2 I get the iPlayer Radio BBC TEES page and tap the Listen Live page then get redirected to the iPlayer "radioplayer" page and some pop-up notices about cookies and such. Since it's not being broadcast 'live' at the moment I can then select MORE EPISODES and listen to past broadcasts.

What ISP are you using?

Can you verify that your Home/Residential Router hasn't had its DNS settings modified to use some rogue DNS (that's then serving up unwanted redirects).

Quick research finds this is a

This is an issue involving having your mobile browser being 'served' a javascript package that contaminates all later URL requests (resulting in unwanted redirects).

The exploit puts the browser in a particular state even after it's left a page contaminated with that code

Interception and rewriting of page code by a carrier, ISP, or even a compromised wireless router (aka man-in-the-middle-attack) is most likely responsible
So, check your router to make sure it's using only the preferred DNS or entries that you've designated.
To see if you have any profiles installed on your iPhone or iPad you can't account for, go to Settings > General > Profiles (at the bottom).
If you're experiencing the problem, you can also try wiping your Safari cache. That's in Settings > Safari.
Also, members of Quora suggest:
[ The cleanest way to deal with these persistent JavaScript exploits that doesn't involve disabling JavaScript (though that would work), or doesn't involve a lot of work sorting through everything, is two steps: ]
1. Force quit Safari (double click the home button, swipe the Safari window up), or if on a computer quit Safari (Safari > Quit safari)
2. Settings > Safari --> Clear History and Website Data (the option may mention cookies in older versions of iOS)

But if you leave JavaScript enabled then you're most likely to have the problem when the exploit script is redelivered to your iDevice. Just repeat the process to clear it out of memory.

I have an ipad 2.Have had it I guess 3 years now.It was better when it was new.It seems like all computer type devices they

Are better when they are new.It seems like the older they get the worst they get.

I'm starting to think Microsoft and Apple do this on purpose.To make you buy A new one.Yes I always get the new IOS when it

Comes out.No difference.Good luck to ya.

Which iPad is it. My guess would be you're running an old iOS or old app version, and it's redirecting you to the appstore so you can upgrade.

Sadly, this wont work with older iPads :(

c

iPad 2, I upgraded last week to the latest version following a reminder.

That's the problem. I upgraded to iOS 9 and my iPad has been screwed up since then. Two more upgrades to 9.02 and it's just as screwed up. Similar problem for a friend with an older iPhone.

Archived