Do working girls really support their families back home?

Gecko123

Can you give a breakdown of how many actually make money? I surmmise 30% dont make s h i t.!

How many times am I going to have to tell you that discussing prostitution on TVF is against forum rules???

This thread is about the extent to which families receive support.

If you keep posting like this you are going to get this thread shut down. Please stop!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the answer would be..........it varies!

I have met quite a few (and befriended some) over the years due to the fact that I have/had many friends who have owned bars, and one in particular in which I used to spend a great deal of time in helping out, so I have some knowledge of the issue, and as I said, it varies!

Those particularly motivated to send money home are those who have left their young child/children behind with their families, who are currently taking care of them whilst the girl is out trying to earn some money. The amount obviously varies depending on the type and quantity of work they have been getting, whether it's from regular customers or just through being bought lady drinks.

A few of the girls come down for the extra money and get to like it, ensuring that they have the latest iPhones and gadgets etc, as well as some gold, before sending a little bit home for the family, and then there are others who will only send a bit of money home when seemingly their conscience gets the better of them.

There is a problem here and I have seen it in action – – many of the girls who are not earning enough money to be able to pay their rent and support their lifestyle actually borrow from the "loan sharks" in order to survive and perhaps send whatever they can back home, and this is a recipe for disaster because the interest rate charged by these despicable people soon ensures that the girls are horribly in debt.

As for girls being sent down to work in the bars by their mothers, well that is absolutely true and a particular bar I was helping out in had quite a few of these sent down from a village up North (the bar owners girlfriend came from this particular village) and he put his foot down when he found out that some of them were between the ages of 15 and 17.

Some of the girls who stayed eventually got into the swing of things and from being shy cute young things who would sit quietly in the corner of the bar, they became crotch grabbing vixens who would hunt down prey in the Soi..............the transformation in six months was sometimes remarkable.

Another lady I have known for about five years has managed to send enough money home to just about complete a lovely single-storey house near Udon Thani (she has shown me the photographs) and intends to earn enough to finish it and go back home and live in it, having built a couple of rooms on the back of it for her mother.

And finally, there are those girls who will pick and choose with whom they go and they are able to do so because they are particularly attractive, and usually as well they can command better rates, and some of that gets sent home.

As you can see, there is no one particular "situation" that fits all.

Can you give a breakdown of how many actually make money? I surmmise 30% dont make s h i t.!

Just last night a new girl showed up- very pretty. She had guys interested in a minute while the regs get no action weeks at a time.

Question: – "how many actually make money?".

I would think your 30% is a bit low, this especially for the bars who don't pay any salaries for their girls (some do and I'll go into that later).

A couple of lovely girls I know in a bar at one time hadn't had a customer in three months, so a mate and I used to call in on them regularly and buy them some lady drinks to help the coffers along, and slip them a few hundred baht to buy some food.

In the bars that do not provide a salary or accommodation for the girls, then any money they get goes towards just living and if they've had slow times like of late, then they are constantly borrowing from friends and moneylenders. I would say there would be more than 50% of these girls who are not making any money, at least not enough to send any home.

Now there are a few bar owners who realise that keeping good girls is fundamental to their business, so they pay them a salary of say 6000 to 9000 baht per month and some even provide accommodation or help out with it. In these cases, the girls can earn money from lady drinks and customers and they are the ones who are quite "well off" (in relative terms) and who are able to send some money home.

Unfortunately for the girls, the era of bar owners taking care of their girls with accommodation and salaries is fast disappearing because of the slowdown in business, so it can become a bit of a "catch 22" situation – – don't pay the girls so the best girls go, leaving the average ones behind and the customers therefore stay away, ensuring that the bars don't make any money.

This certainly would be the case for the average bar girl, however in some of the places like Patong, attractive girls dancing on the bars are often paid a retainer (base salary?) in order to attract the punters, however you only have to walk down amongst these bars to see how desperate the girls have become, because they damn near tear your arm off trying to pull you over to the bar. That would suggest pressure from the bar owners and a need for more money.

Lastly I suppose that the question, "how many make money" is probably vague in many ways, because after paying for accommodation, food, clothes etc the vast majority of the girls won't have any money left at all, although they will often find a way to send some home. So the days of "making money" for these girls has in essence, long gone and now it's probably like "existing" with the occasional bonus month thrown in..........I know many of them are waiting for this high season to be the one which is going to bring the money rolling in, however I can't see it.

And just to increase the competition I am beginning to see new girls arrive, clutching carry bags containing their worldly goods, and meeting up with other friends here, buying the basic necessities from Big C and setting themselves up four to a room, ready to hit the town and strike gold (or so they think).

PS. MODS.........I have just seen the previous post and although I have tried to keep this post pretty "non-specific", by all means delete it if it contravenes the rules.

How many times am I going to have to tell you that discussing prostitution on TVF is against forum rules???

This thread is about the extent to which families receive support.

If you keep posting like this you are going to get this thread shut down. Please stop!

Discussing the P word is against forums rules. you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry but when you mentin red-light district i think of sexy ladies in bras and knickers.

is it a western thing to care about what other pepole do? YES* and that's so annyoing..

is it Our problem ? NO*

N.O.B (NOT OUR BUSINESS)

****for those who like to put their nose into what other pepole do should move to the west where this is very common*****

another reason why i left farangland...

WOW, hit a raw nerve. Take a chill pill and try to grow some skin.

From the girls I know. One single bar girl with no kids sent home about 5k a month for her lazy bother. Spent about 30k+ on iPhone, party etc each month.

No savings or idea ...

Another girl who works hotel and has a boy sends home 3k for support of boy. But does send 10k sometimes to buy things for mother.

My current gf no kids sends about 3K home to her mother a month to help out but sent about 100k additional over the past year so mother could fix up house and buy aircon. She can do what she wishes as she earns her own money and goes to school.

A few girls I knew from Pattaya who worked bars basically spent all their money and asked family for loans. One I know talk about it but I don't think ever sent. These bar girls made the most but spent it on nothing .... Sad really...

I think family values and education plays a part in how these girls act. The ones who had stable family's who were hard working and honest seems to be very supportive and sends home what is needed. The ones who come from the poorer families who have fathers who are drunks and mothers who play cards basically seem to spend their money on themselves as if sent home it will just be spent foolishly. There is not one answer as everyone is different but the above is what I have noticed.

Thinking out loud comments...

Hard pressure?

Maybe I've got my head in the sand, but I just don't see that much evidence that this is going on. As I said in my OP, examples of parents reaping much benefit are hard to find locally where I live. If there's not much benefit, why would anyone be pressured? Sure, sometimes the parents might benefit from receiving a hefty sin sot or hit the jackpot with a generous son-in-law who buys 100's of rai of land or expensive farm equipment, but that seems so hit-or-miss, far from a certainty. Most of what I've seen is women sending money home to care for their own children who are being looked after by relatives. If the number of prostitutes is at the high end of the estimates in the UN's ILO report, the average remittance back home of $1,000/year would not be inconsistent with child care expenses.

I do hasten to add that in the farming community where I live families range from fairly well off to fairly poor, but there aren't that many cases of extreme poverty. Where extreme poverty exists, I guess anything is possible. I wonder if Thailand's medical and social security programs (even though I know they are modest programs) have lessened the economic pressures to do this?

Soft pressure?

My impression is that this is more the case of looking the other way, and not asking questions about where the money might have come from. I mean, sooner or later, every parent is going to say to their children, "You need to go out and find a job," right? But I just can't believe that many parents are saying to their kids, "You need to go out and find a job, and Pattaya might be a good place to start your search." Rural Thai parents don't seem to get involved in their children's lives to the point that they're suggesting career paths to them. I also don't think Thai kids these days necessarily feel as strong a sense of familial obligation as they might have felt in the past.

Update: Xylophone's report that mothers might be involved in lining up work in Pattaya was a big-time eye opener.

And the answer would be..........it varies!

I have met quite a few (and befriended some) over the years due to the fact that I have/had many friends who have owned bars, and one in particular in which I used to spend a great deal of time in helping out, so I have some knowledge of the issue, and as I said, it varies!

Those particularly motivated to send money home are those who have left their young child/children behind with their families, who are currently taking care of them whilst the girl is out trying to earn some money. The amount obviously varies depending on the type and quantity of work they have been getting, whether it's from regular customers or just through being bought lady drinks.

A few of the girls come down for the extra money and get to like it, ensuring that they have the latest iPhones and gadgets etc, as well as some gold, before sending a little bit home for the family, and then there are others who will only send a bit of money home when seemingly their conscience gets the better of them.

There is a problem here and I have seen it in action – – many of the girls who are not earning enough money to be able to pay their rent and support their lifestyle actually borrow from the "loan sharks" in order to survive and perhaps send whatever they can back home, and this is a recipe for disaster because the interest rate charged by these despicable people soon ensures that the girls are horribly in debt.

As for girls being sent down to work in the bars by their mothers, well that is absolutely true and a particular bar I was helping out in had quite a few of these sent down from a village up North (the bar owners girlfriend came from this particular village) and he put his foot down when he found out that some of them were between the ages of 15 and 17.

Some of the girls who stayed eventually got into the swing of things and from being shy cute young things who would sit quietly in the corner of the bar, they became crotch grabbing vixens who would hunt down prey in the Soi..............the transformation in six months was sometimes remarkable.

Another lady I have known for about five years has managed to send enough money home to just about complete a lovely single-storey house near Udon Thani (she has shown me the photographs) and intends to earn enough to finish it and go back home and live in it, having built a couple of rooms on the back of it for her mother.

And finally, there are those girls who will pick and choose with whom they go and they are able to do so because they are particularly attractive, and usually as well they can command better rates, and some of that gets sent home.

As you can see, there is no one particular "situation" that fits all.

Just last night a new girl showed up- very pretty. She had guys interested in a minute while the regs get no action weeks at a time.

Question: – "how many actually make money?".

I would think your 30% is a bit low, this especially for the bars who don't pay any salaries for their girls (some do and I'll go into that later).

A couple of lovely girls I know in a bar at one time hadn't had a customer in three months, so a mate and I used to call in on them regularly and buy them some lady drinks to help the coffers along, and slip them a few hundred baht to buy some food.

In the bars that do not provide a salary or accommodation for the girls, then any money they get goes towards just living and if they've had slow times like of late, then they are constantly borrowing from friends and moneylenders. I would say there would be more than 50% of these girls who are not making any money, at least not enough to send any home.

Now there are a few bar owners who realise that keeping good girls is fundamental to their business, so they pay them a salary of say 6000 to 9000 baht per month and some even provide accommodation or help out with it. In these cases, the girls can earn money from lady drinks and customers and they are the ones who are quite "well off" (in relative terms) and who are able to send some money home.

Unfortunately for the girls, the era of bar owners taking care of their girls with accommodation and salaries is fast disappearing because of the slowdown in business, so it can become a bit of a "catch 22" situation – – don't pay the girls so the best girls go, leaving the average ones behind and the customers therefore stay away, ensuring that the bars don't make any money.

This certainly would be the case for the average bar girl, however in some of the places like Patong, attractive girls dancing on the bars are often paid a retainer (base salary?) in order to attract the punters, however you only have to walk down amongst these bars to see how desperate the girls have become, because they damn near tear your arm off trying to pull you over to the bar. That would suggest pressure from the bar owners and a need for more money.

Lastly I suppose that the question, "how many make money" is probably vague in many ways, because after paying for accommodation, food, clothes etc the vast majority of the girls won't have any money left at all, although they will often find a way to send some home. So the days of "making money" for these girls has in essence, long gone and now it's probably like "existing" with the occasional bonus month thrown in..........I know many of them are waiting for this high season to be the one which is going to bring the money rolling in, however I can't see it.

And just to increase the competition I am beginning to see new girls arrive, clutching carry bags containing their worldly goods, and meeting up with other friends here, buying the basic necessities from Big C and setting themselves up four to a room, ready to hit the town and strike gold (or so they think).

PS. MODS.........I have just seen the previous post and although I have tried to keep this post pretty "non-specific", by all means delete it if it contravenes the rules.

Tell me if im wrong. Many girls get chest enhancments thinking it will do wonders for their career...................hahahaha. While im thinking its more the face that needs enhancement..............hahahaha.

So many girls are not getting any more action compared to before surgery.

Any thoughts.

It's a little ironic that the folks on here who protestith the most against associating with bar girls are also the ones who show the most interest in discussing them.

You are a cyber bully.

This is the not the first time you have mischaracterized and taken my posts out of context.

There's absolutely nothing salacious or prurient in nature about my OP, and it's more about village life than bar life.

If you're not interested in discussing the topic raised in the thread, please do not feel obligated to comment further.

First my apology for not responding sooner as I am working and have limited access to the internet.

I responded to the topic raised by offering my opinion, as a general opinion. It's not my fault you feel threatened. I can only assume my comment hit a nerve with you as you took it very personnally. That's on you. No one else blasted my comment except for you.

This all about sharing ideas and opinions, is it not?

Please stay on topic and refrain from making personal remarks directed at other posters.

I don't know what % of working girls help their family, but I would guess there are a lot. It is cultural expectation here to help the family. I know a lot of farangs that have helped cure the many sick buffaloes that used to be around the country. Sadly, it was of little help, since you don't see many buffaloes any more.

I lived in a building that was not far from Silom and was pretty much filled with working girls/boys and a spectrum of others in various areas of the tourist trade. There was a nice young Thai couple that lived a few rooms away. I got to know them a little. He worked in a gay bar and she worked in a go-go bar and both were attending school university part-time.

A fair number of the working girls had children, mostly from failed relationships with Thai boyfriends, but a few mixed kids as well. They routinely sent money home to the parents to care for the child -- or at least that is what they purported and I have no reason to disbelieve them.

That was quite a few years back, and well before the drug craze was around. In most regards, on a day-to-day basis, they lived pretty ordinary lives and were pretty reasonable people. I never regretted having them as neighbors.

Define , what you mean by working girl.

My definition is that of a bar, err , lady ,wub.png

Back home , would be known , as a prostitute , never to be seen with ,and certainly not introduced, to father .cheesy.gif

Whatever profitable profession they choose, to hone their hand skills at giggle.gif

I do honestly believe , it is to support their children , and parents .

Make you own judgement , wai2.gif

From what I understand its not that anyone is pressurised into working in a bar to send money home . I think its more that what ever you do it is expected that you look after your family (usually this just means parents and kids). For some girls this means that if you do not have a specific skill set then all you are left with is bar work.

Having said that I know of at least one woman who interfered with both her daughters marriages to the extent that they left their respective Thai husbands. Both daughters were then sent to work with Aunty in Pattaya in the hope that they would meet a ferang husband and then have more money to send home to mum. I know this family well and so far its back fired as one of the girls is now shacked up with a Thai motorcycle taxi man and sends bugger all home , as for the other she's only been in Patts a couple of weeks and is working in a Thai food joint that's almost totally frequented by Thai families , she also is sending nothing home.

My Mrs works hard here in the UK and sends money to her mum ever 3 to 4 months, it used to be every month till I pointed out that her mum was hording the cash and then giving away to her brothers and sisters. She found that to be true she told her mum if you don't need the money then I will only send you every 3 months when you need it. I told her that its not her job to take care of her siblings as they all have grown up children of there own who will send money to them when they are old, as we don't have kids no one will do that for us . She agrees totally but is constantly bombarded with requests for loans . Luckily having now worked in the UK for 10 years she knows money is hard to come by and that although she earns 4 times what she would on LOS it costs 4 times more to live here.

In our village in Issan there are at least 5 families who have benefitted from "bar girls" cash but there are also lots more that get money sent by kids doing other jobs like construction.

All the working girls claim they do, some do some don't.

Lived with 1 for a year,

She said, 'give me money to send home for my 14 year old daughter',

I said, 'when did you last send money back'

Her answer, 'three years ago'.

The next one I took up with appeared to send all her money home.

The family, mother, sister, brother just lived off her.

The one I married,

I send money home to her mother, 3k a month.

If the misses argues with me, mum supports me.

Mum is bought and paid for.

Hehe. I like it. Send the money directly to Mum. Helps keep the misses in line.

Lived with 1 for a year,

The one I married,

I'd already started to answer the OP's question. But it seems that he needs some food for some ongoing gossip.

The parents do not send the girls to a bar, they leave their village as soon as possible. Also called "mouth to mouth propaganda".

Some end up with a couple of Ping Pong Balls, some might end up with a fragging fat and bald farang, who's willing to build the second, or maybe the third house. Of course with a Pick up truck in front.

And the money the girls send is being used by almost all family members, including the producer of her kids, mama is taking care of.

Seems that the OP's" farang meeting place" needs some new gossip topics.

The OP's message that he'd know what's going on in town is totally a joke.

I'd already started to answer the OP's question. But it seems that he needs some food for some ongoing gossip.

The parents do not send the girls to a bar, they leave their village as soon as possible. Also called "mouth to mouth propaganda".

Some end up with a couple of Ping Pong Balls, some might end up with a fragging fat and bald farang, who's willing to build the second, or maybe the third house. Of course with a Pick up truck in front.

And the money the girls send is being used by almost all family members, including the producer of her kids, mama is taking care of.

Seems that the OP's" farang meeting place" needs some new gossip topics.

The OP's message that he'd know what's going on in town is totally a joke.

lostinisaan:

The comments about my need for "gossip down at the farang meeting place" are laughably off the mark.

My motives for posting were quite straightforward. I have heard stories about girls being pressured to go to work and earn money for their parents by "any means necessary," so to speak, and, not having seen myself much evidence of this occuring, I am asking others for their first-hand observations. Just trying to square a circle. Nothing less, nothing more. No hidden agendas, ulterior motives; not writing a book. And not looking for grist for the "local farang meeting" (there are very very few farangs in my area so no get togethers, at least that I'm aware of.)

Without getting into a pissing contest about who does or doesn't know what's going on in their village, do you have any anecdotal evidence to support your statement that "money the girls send is being used by almost all family members"? I know money goes home for child care and child care services, maybe a little to Mom and Dad, but haven't seen much beyond that. Have you?

Any clarification you might care to offer would be appreciated.

I do know some girls here in Issan who go south to earn money.

I know them as local people while they are home here in their village.

The few I know take good care of their families, especially their parents who care for their children while they are away working.

Houses, motorbikes, trucks, farm equipment, living expenses and even property ( farms).

Some are wise and invest their money in land ( again farms ) that will still earn them money when they are older.

They pay their family members a wage to work the farms for them.

The girls I know only work a few months a year and spend the rest of the year in the village with their family.

I am sure there are those who do not care for their families,

But I also know that there are those who do.

So there is no boot camp for girls? They just get thrown into the deep end of the pool- so to say?

The 'guidance' usually comes from an older 'expert' in the village or sometimes a bar owner/manager might go back and 'head-hunt' from the village that they originate from

I think it really depends upon the family in question.

I know that when my youngest sister in law raised the possibility of going to work in Pattaya a couple of years back, the family was very negative, and succeeded in talking her out of it.

As for sending money home to help take care of the old folks, again, don't think there is any set standard. All I can do is share my situation, it is this:

Oldest daughter (my wife) - stays home in the village to keep an eye on papa (he needs very little taking care of he's a tough, independent old goat). She doesn't give him money per se, but she does spend some of her allowance on him. She also pays his medical and life insurance policies every month, under the agreement that if she is the only one paying it, then any money left over after the old boy dies and the funeral has been paid for, is hers.

Second oldest daughter - Works in BKK in a factory, same as her husband. Rented accommodation and 10 hour shifts. Just had a new baby, also has a 12 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Until recently this daughter lived with us in the village and she did send money back each month to my wife. Daughter has now moved to BKK and she no longer sends money back.

Third oldest daughter - works for the government in Buriram, husband runs a local construction business. Paying off two (work) truck loans, and with 2 young children they are trying to put through private school. It's only been the last couple of years they have finally got their head above water, and nobody expects them to hand over any significant amount of cash, they simply have their own problems, and we are all pleased to see them trying to make a better life for themselves and their children.

Fourth oldest daughter - married a scumbag, very little education, off working in a factory in BKK. She has a 9 year old son that stays with grandpa in the village, so she does send a little money home every month because of this.

Youngest daughter - works in the Fujitsu factory somewhere around BKK. Doesn't send money home, but she did completely renovate the father's house last year. However, I later learned that as the youngest daughter, she will inherit the house when he dies, so maybe not as generous as it first appears.

Only son - runs a custom furniture business, currently in Myanmar working on a government contract. Has a young family in Buriram and is not expected to send money home to his father.

Me - I contribute a few beers to Papa now and then, oh and I bought him a bicycle a couple of years back.

My family isn't wealthy, not by a long shot. But neither are they lazy or drunken bums. It is the later I think, which is the cause for many families to rely upon being taken care of financially. They have no inclination to do it themselves.

Very representative view IMO - ie mixed. Pressures still strong to help the parents, some do some don't. Lots of unsaid friction when there are those who don't pull their weight unless extenuating circs. First born daughter bears the greatest responsibility. My first born wife was kicked out to a Nike factory at the age of 13 and was expected to support the dirt-poor family back home. My wife's response when I asked her "why do you not feel any resentment towards your parents when they pulled you out of school to go feed the family". My family were very poor - there were no jobs - it was the only option - I love my parents - I love my family.

Diamond! No doubt in my mind that the family structure in Thailand (even though waning) is way better than the distributed family /isolationist route the west has chosen. It's why I choose to start the early years of my daughter's life here in a ruralish Isaan village, rather than somewhere like Chiang Mai, Bangkok or the beach. Developing roots in the family structure is the number one priority for me. I had a happy childhood but we moved around several times to facilitate my Dad's career - I don't have a body of lifelong childhood friends to call on.

Even though that lifestyle choice means I am still no higher than 5 on the pecking order -

mother

father

daughter

one of two sisters

me

BIL (the sensible one)

other sister

aunts and uncles

cousins

waste-of-space BIL.

Maternal grandmother died a couple of years back - I moved up oneclap2.gif

First born daughter bears the greatest responsibility. My first born wife was kicked out to a Nike factory at the age of 13 and was expected to support the dirt-poor family back home.

This is the situation my wife was in when she was younger. Had to start work at the age of 13, and is still nominally expected to be the one who should take care of Papa.

Over the last few years the government gave many of these people who had to cut their education short, the chance to redo it all again. My wife has spent the last 3 years doing high school, and next year goes on to university. She's really enjoyed it so far. She's 41 years old and has to wear a school uniform, which I find incredibly amusing.

I know that when my youngest sister in law raised the possibility of going to work in Pattaya a couple of years back, the family was very negative, and succeeded in talking her out of it.

As for sending money home to help take care of the old folks, again, don't think there is any set standard. All I can do is share my situation, it is this:

Oldest daughter (my wife) - stays home in the village to keep an eye on papa (he needs very little taking care of he's a tough, independent old goat). She doesn't give him money per se, but she does spend some of her allowance on him. She also pays his medical and life insurance policies every month, under the agreement that if she is the only one paying it, then any money left over after the old boy dies and the funeral has been paid for, is hers.

Second oldest daughter - Works in BKK in a factory, same as her husband. Rented accommodation and 10 hour shifts. Just had a new baby, also has a 12 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Until recently this daughter lived with us in the village and she did send money back each month to my wife. Daughter has now moved to BKK and she no longer sends money back.

Third oldest daughter - works for the government in Buriram, husband runs a local construction business. Paying off two (work) truck loans, and with 2 young children they are trying to put through private school. It's only been the last couple of years they have finally got their head above water, and nobody expects them to hand over any significant amount of cash, they simply have their own problems, and we are all pleased to see them trying to make a better life for themselves and their children.

Fourth oldest daughter - married a scumbag, very little education, off working in a factory in BKK. She has a 9 year old son that stays with grandpa in the village, so she does send a little money home every month because of this.

Youngest daughter - works in the Fujitsu factory somewhere around BKK. Doesn't send money home, but she did completely renovate the father's house last year. However, I later learned that as the youngest daughter, she will inherit the house when he dies, so maybe not as generous as it first appears.

Only son - runs a custom furniture business, currently in Myanmar working on a government contract. Has a young family in Buriram and is not expected to send money home to his father.

Me - I contribute a few beers to Papa now and then, oh and I bought him a bicycle a couple of years back.

My family isn't wealthy, not by a long shot. But neither are they lazy or drunken bums. It is the later I think, which is the cause for many families to rely upon being taken care of financially. They have no inclination to do it themselves.

Do you know what WORKING GIRLS infer? surely not girls working factory............hahahahahahahahaha.

Do you know what WORKING GIRLS infer? surely not girls working factory............hahahahahahahahaha.

Surely the type of work is irrelevant in this discussion? After all, we are talking about where the money goes, not where it comes from.

Unfortunately, so many members here at Thai Visa seem to assume that Isan girls only ever end up in the flesh trade. The truth is, as a percentage, it's very few. Of the 30 or so families in our village I can only think of about half a dozen girls that went this route over the last 7 or 8 years.

Most prefer to work in less seedy jobs, even though their potential earnings are much less.

op specifically is interested is naughty girl earnings. We all are. Excpt you perhaps. Do friends overseas ever ask you about the life of a thai factory worker.....................

They don't ask me about the lives of Thai prostitutes either. Different class of friends I guess.

op specifically is interested is naughty girl earnings. We all are. Excpt you perhaps. Do friends overseas ever ask you about the life of a thai factory worker.....................

This thread is NOT about:

...bar girl earnings.

...how women come to work in the sex industry.

...what women in the sex industry eat for breakfast.

This thread is about:

...sharing anecdotal first hand stories about women who work out of town, either in the sex industry or in any other occupation, sending money home to help their parents, grandparents, sibblings, or other relatives. Stories about women supporting their children or spouse are welcome as well, even though it is assumed that most women who have children or a spouse living back home would be obliged to support them as much as possible. I am primarily interested in the extent to which parents may benefit from their daughter's work activities.

Nomyai: I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to expand this thread into the general subject of bar girl life, which for the third time!!!, is against forum rules and will result in having the thread locked. The thread has started to attract some interesting feedback, and I would like it to continue. Please respect this! If you are interested in the ins-and-outs of the bar scene, there are tons of other websites and forums where you can research and discuss this to your heart's content.

My girlfriend is a cashier in a gogo bar and said she has to send 10K to her mom every month. (She volunteered the info to me one day when she had to make a quick run to the bank to send the money.) She does have a son back home. The girls in her bar are on salary starting at 20k/month. Girls who take their tops off get a couple K more and the ones who also take their bottoms off get a couple K more than that. (I found this out when I was in her bar and a customer was agitated that his girl would not take her bikini off. I asked my girl why and she explained to me the tiered salaries.) As to how much my girl makes as a cashier I have no idea. It's not my business. When I met her she did not have a job. She has never asked me for 1 baht and I have never given her 1 baht.

Lived with 1 for a year,

The one I married,

So you've changed your mind about walking out on the wife and kids?

Archived