Do working girls really support their families back home?

Gecko123

What about all the prostitutes that do not have kids ?

Why are they working as prostitutes ?

Take yer pick. They support a Thai boyfriend. Contrary to popular belief and told by Bar-girls that 'Thai men no good' they will have a boyfriend somewhere. They're junkies paying for their habit. They have gambling debts. They don't want to work in the fields. Life is better than the village. Shall I go on?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sinbad:

"Raised to go to work in Pattaya?" Sinbad, you say you've seen this?

Does anyone else have personal experience regarding this topic? {Quote ]

Yes, I have personal experience , No such thing as raised to work as prostitute in Sincity.

The vast majority of uneducated Thai girls become pregnant by young handsome thai bucks ,

who promises everything , then when baby arrives, the buck does a runner , and looks for another young female victim.

So, what are the available options , the best being to go to Pattaya , Phucket or Bangkok

to sell the only asset they have , their body ,and tell papa they work in restaurant as waiter.

The young Thai male , does not accept any responsibility , for his actions,

Thai culture .wai2.gif

Wht you said is 100% correct.... when this happens the girls leave baby at home as friends already work in bars and promise high life and big money to go back home to family.. and a room in the major cities is better than the village.

I was looking to buy a book today from Amazon for the Kindle when I ran across a guy named Blether who writes the usual crap books about Thailand. He had about 10 books or short stories for sale. That made me think about this thread and what the OP intends to do with everyone's experiences. Hard to believe it's just idle curiousity.

I was looking to buy a book today from Amazon for the Kindle when I ran across a guy named Blether who writes the usual crap books about Thailand. He had about 10 books or short stories for sale. That made me think about this thread and what the OP intends to do with everyone's experiences. Hard to believe it's just idle curiousity.

without bargirls thailand is nothing!

whistling.gif Some do, some don't.

Depends on the girl, and how she was raised.

I do agree that it is getting less prevalent these days.....my personal opinion is due tot he corrupting influence of Western Capitalism ....but that is just my opinion.

And I do know of Thai girls working in factories in Bangkok and surroundings that go home to their upcountry families as often as they can afford with whatever money they have managed to save for their aged parents.

The point is that there is no such thing as a "standard Thai" any more than a "standard Farang expat" in Thailand.

Everyone is an individual and how they choose to live there life is up to them and their personal moral code.

One drunk boorish German does not mean all Germans are fat drunken boors..

And not all Thais are drunk, lazy, and don't support their families also.

You are of course correct in pointing out that there is no one correct answer, and that everyone's life circumstances are different.

The purpose of this thread was never to arrive at a definitive answer to the question.

The thread solicited observations with the hope of getting a general sense of how much benefit and support families actually receive.

The question should be do girls make enough money to send home.....................hahahaha.

My breakdown 25% more than enough. 50% make enogh to help some months and not others-these girls really affected by high -low season. 25% make cow d.u.n.g.-these need ma n pa send money to them................hahahaha.

The stars make money no matter what season. The bottom make no or little money no matter what season.

We used to have a member named TheBlether who could really spin a yarn. I believe he was banned for some reason but I'm not sure about that. The last I knew he was posting on another forum. He was a writer with a gift of gab.

I wouldn't question his knowledge, but I might wonder if he pads his stories to sell them. Who knows?

Personally I have no use for bar girls as the concept isn't attractive to me. However, those who say the girls are lazy make me wonder. I can't think of anything that's a lot harder than "sucking up" to some old, bald, fat farang just to earn some money. I don't understand the whole concept from either side and I sure don't know what the mothers think.

Cheers.

We used to have a member named TheBlether who could really spin a yarn. I believe he was banned for some reason but I'm not sure about that. The last I knew he was posting on another forum. He was a writer with a gift of gab.

I wouldn't question his knowledge, but I might wonder if he pads his stories to sell them. Who knows?

Personally I have no use for bar girls as the concept isn't attractive to me. However, those who say the girls are lazy make me wonder. I can't think of anything that's a lot harder than "sucking up" to some old, bald, fat farang just to earn some money. I don't understand the whole concept from either side and I sure don't know what the mothers think.

Cheers.

I'm sure he poached stories from posters on TV and made them his own for his books. Which makes me suspicious about other posters who start threads about others opinions on the "Bar Girl" subject. I suspect we have other inspiring authors in out midst.

OP do you have a primary school in your village? If so I suggest you go there at school closing times. Even better if the school has a kindergarten. Just make a note of the adults collecting the toddlers. I'll bet you that 50% at least are women past child bearing age, ie grandmothers of the kids. Just ask the adult if they are the child's grandparent and if so where is the mother. does the mother (if working away) help financially.

Your queries will be answered.

OP do you have a primary school in your village? If so I suggest you go there at school closing times. Even better if the school has a kindergarten. Just make a note of the adults collecting the toddlers. I'll bet you that 50% at least are women past child bearing age, ie grandmothers of the kids. Just ask the adult if they are the child's grandparent and if so where is the mother. does the mother (if working away) help financially.

Its been said women of prime age cant be found in the village. Only old and young. The primed aged ones can be found in bigger cities in red-light districts.

True or not true?

Absolutely, an excellent suggestion. Thanks.

Archived