Coconut Oil

timber

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I read your thread, Could you let me know how much U are looking for and if it is going to be a 1 time purchase or an on going supply of coconut oil, These things wll be factored into a price for you. Do u want it shipped some were or pick up, export etc.

Thanks

The reason for the original request has disappeared, but I am still interested in a small way. my in-laws have lots of coconuts and I will probably be moving to the chumphon area in a year or so. I had some thyroid removed and have a problem keeping my weight down. Coconot oil is supposed to be good for the metabolism. I was just wondering if there was a supply locally or would have to make it myself. Would just need a press. With the price of oil commercially there might be a small market that can be created locally. I ofter worry about the future of the young people. Lots of western material temptations and no money. Thanks for the interest.

The reason for the original request has disappeared, but I am still interested in a small way. my in-laws have lots of coconuts and I will probably be moving to the chumphon area in a year or so. I had some thyroid removed and have a problem keeping my weight down. Coconot oil is supposed to be good for the metabolism. I was just wondering if there was a supply locally or would have to make it myself. Would just need a press. With the price of oil commercially there might be a small market that can be created locally. I ofter worry about the future of the young people. Lots of western material temptations and no money. Thanks for the interest.

Hi Timber

I also have property in the Chumphon area and my wifes family have a vast amount of coffee, coconuts and palm pantations. I also was woundering on how I could capitalize on the resources of the area to make money. My wife is very keen on the idea. She is well educated and wants to pursue this venture in chumphon..

Get back to me if u are interested

We definately should get together have some of the same interests. Was going down that way to visit the relatives for a bit about the 18th or so. Wife is mad at me right now so not sure. PM me your phone number. There are some others with plantations that are not that far away. A lot of the things I have thought about and I am sure you have too are a bit of a pain to do by yourself. When I move there was hoping to get some type of network set up and maybe start some type of co-op.

Take care,

We definately should get together have some of the same interests. Was going down that way to visit the relatives for a bit about the 18th or so. Wife is mad at me right now so not sure. PM me your phone number. There are some others with plantations that are not that far away. A lot of the things I have thought about and I am sure you have too are a bit of a pain to do by yourself. When I move there was hoping to get some type of network set up and maybe start some type of co-op.

Take care,

Hi Timber I see you are from BC Canada the most beautiful prov in Canada. I am from Ont. Put love Thailand. Came to Thailand for 4 week vacation and stayed 4 years lolol.

My wifes family owns a coffee and rubber plantation near the Mynmarr border in Ranong go there on family outings from cumphon....Beautiful area. The locals there sell there coffee and rubber to broakers for peanuts. They grow enough coffee to feed Canada with it. Good place to buy land, very cheap. Only thing is u need to make sure u get the propper papers with the land. I am hoping to stat a few business there in the next year or so..I am starting a web page for raw materials like rubber, bamboo, coconut oil the wife has the products, se if we can get them to market.

My wife and I want to set up something soon

Well Hello,

Not a bad place to be this time of year. Better here than there. So you live in Chumphon and have some land in Ranong. Like Ranong because of the islands and ocean. I know they don't get much for coffee. My wife has some and trying to get her to put in something else. Want to build a house before I buy any land. Kind of hard to guess what is going to happen over the next year. What are you doing in Chumphon now? My wife's family has lots of coconut, rubber and the oil palm is just coming on stream. Making good money off the rubber. I think have to get into small scale utilization, keep people working and make some more money. Like you say the only money they make is from rubber.

I don't think I will be down there for a year. I am sure there is some net working in there some where. We can talk.

Hi guys. As Timber knows I'm in Ranong, La Un to be more exact. With land ownership, around here what seems to happen is, that people register a claim to the land they use. You get a piece of paper from the Amphur's office but not the deeds. It is cheaper to buy if you are getting it from someone who has gone down that road only. You then can apply to get the deeds, which the pocket rocket assures me is a nominal cost.

Some folks I know (Thai) have had their land in this registered claim state for years. I'm not sure how secure it is, may be it's a case of Mai Pen Rai if they lose. Again however Sopa tells me they get the value of the trees etc compensated if the land is taken from them. Dunno about that though.

Mosha interesting point. I think most of my wife's plantations are in that type of ownership. Probably most of the plantations on the east side are. Interesting political battle if someone tries to do something about it.

In the west there used to be and maybe in some places still is the "right of notorious domain" If you use a piece of land notoriously for ten years and don't try to hid it it more or less becomes yours. This was made to cut down on absentee landowners.