I'm going to be in Bangkok this Xmas for the first time ever

smokie36

Last year Bangkok was invaded by hundreds of Snoopys. Never seen so many cameras flashing for the short time I sat watching the hordes.

No idea where to eat. Xmas dinner is the same old crap lots of people eat most Sundays just four times more expensive. Me I shall be having bangers mash and beans with a side dish of well done humbug.

A good thing to do if you like taking pictures is to walk around and snap Xmas trees, there were a few weird and wonderful versions there last year.

For the meal, all of the usual expat haunts will have a Christmas lunch/dinner. I haven't been but No Idea's menu looked interesting last year....think it was around 1000 thb p/p.

The decorations at Siam Paragon are usually worth going to see.

Mamma noodles from your local 7/11 and sit outside with a single beer and a straw ?biggrin.png

No seats outside my local 7/11 unfortunately and I'd worry that the noodles would be cold by the time I get to the sky lounge at my condo.

Or perhaps an early start at your favourite 99 baht breakfast establishment?

Is the Oriental running a new breakfast deal??

biggrin.png

last christmas went to the christmas lunch at the marriott corner of Sukhumvit 55 (thonglor). I think it was 2000baht per head (no alcohol) and an extra 400 baht for unlimited drinks.

Buffet style but big selection of roasts, seafood, Asian..deserts..heaps of piss.

Will do it again this year for sure. very good.

was amusing people watching (perving) the executive expats with their much younger Thai gf/wives all tarted up.

last christmas went to the christmas lunch at the marriott corner of Sukhumvit 55 (thonglor). I think it was 2000baht per head (no alcohol) and an extra 400 baht for unlimited drinks. Buffet style but big selection of roasts, seafood, Asian..deserts..heaps of piss. Will do it again this year for sure. very good. was amusing people watching (perving) the executive expats with their much younger Thai gf/wives all tarted up.

Thanks for that...sounds a good option if we go for the full roast lunch thing.

Archived