23 year old Irishman arrested in Chiang Mai for selling marijuana to police

webfact

^ so was ... . That was a pov!

Still a crime dave despite personal pov. Age has nothing to do with it. I think you will find some of the older folk are more au fait with the magic weed than you think. Just more careful in a foreign country than our friend.

TV. Plenitude ...

Nothing to do with my pov. I don't smoke. Many friends with illnesses like Arthritis, MS, Parkinson's and even cancer patients have shown big improvements and even some have healed altogether because of this 'monstrous' weed. People who still believe that this is a bad drug are either backward, braindead or in bed with Big Pharma.

And who cares about laws that a bunch of backward apes have drawn up? Here and back home.....just don't get caught

Show me 1 case where marijuana has cured Arthritis, Parkinsons or Cancer! What a load of bull. The only thing it can do is stimulate and make you dopey as well fed puppy and therefore numbing some pain. The same could e said for alcohol or many other controlled and prescribed pain killers.

I wish people would stop with this rubbish about claims of marijuana. It is a nasty drug with proven long term side effects now, yes it is not as harmful as many but there are opinions for and against, better if we stick to the facts rather then read nonsense claims.

The guy was dealing it, he sold it to the police and now needs to be punished, simple as that..

Youtube or Google it if you are not too lazy. Loads of videos and blogs of terminal cancer patients getting better due to cannabis oil....time to wake up.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irish trash , if he want to sell drugs do it in Ireland. At least he will get a decent meal in prison there. Now his life will be like hell for a long time.

Irish trash???? That sounds like generalising, do no other nationalities deal in drugs?

In saying that, I hate drug dealers, and if he is guilty, he deserves all he gets.

^ so was ... . That was a pov!

Still a crime dave despite personal pov. Age has nothing to do with it. I think you will find some of the older folk are more au fait with the magic weed than you think. Just more careful in a foreign country than our friend.

TV. Plenitude ...

Nothing to do with my pov. I don't smoke. Many friends with illnesses like Arthritis, MS, Parkinson's and even cancer patients have shown big improvements and even some have healed altogether because of this 'monstrous' weed. People who still believe that this is a bad drug are either backward, braindead or in bed with Big Pharma.

And who cares about laws that a bunch of backward apes have drawn up? Here and back home.....just don't get caught

Show me 1 case where marijuana has cured Arthritis, Parkinsons or Cancer! What a load of bull. The only thing it can do is stimulate and make you dopey as well fed puppy and therefore numbing some pain. The same could e said for alcohol or many other controlled and prescribed pain killers.

I wish people would stop with this rubbish about claims of marijuana. It is a nasty drug with proven long term side effects now, yes it is not as harmful as many but there are opinions for and against, better if we stick to the facts rather then read nonsense claims.

The guy was dealing it, he sold it to the police and now needs to be punished, simple as that..

Youtube or Google it if you are not too lazy. Loads of videos and blogs of terminal cancer patients getting better due to cannabis oil....time to wake up.

send me the link, any link where marjuana has cured either Arthritis, Cancer or Parkinsons, I cannot find anything.

I suspect you cannot, and I am fully awake, are you? There are so many people like you that are jumping on the bandwagon and screaming that everyone who does not want to see marijuana being sold legally is an "ape", behind the times or an idiot or some such abuse. Well i am not old, not behind the times and I am switched on.

I have seen too many people suffer with it and my personal experience tells me a different story to the wonder drug people like you describe. It seems the recent 20 year old research by Dr Hall (google it if you are not too lazy) supports what people like me already know.

I dont want to see news in the next 20 years doped up teenagers on street corners and it being legal, and believe me it is exactly what will happen in the US. People will then be screaming for something to be done but it will be too late.

So, why don't you ignore everyone, read both sides and make an informed judgement rather then just abusing people who appose your ill informed "miracle drug" nonsense.

Oh, and send me the link please, any link that proves your statement, I won't hold my breath.

Mind numbing stupidity. It is not hugely difficult for foreigners to make decent money here legally.

Trying to set up a drug network here is lunacy. Connections are everything and if you're a nobody and you have no serious connections who've got your back its only a matter of time til you end up like this chap here. While i don't agree with drug laws in priciple i have zero sympathy for this man

dont disagree with the bulk of your post, but how do you make money here legally?

In theory, you are not supposed to perform duties a Thai can do.

You cannot lift a finger, not even work on house, farm; without work permit.

I think they have covered pretty much everything except teaching English.

I have wondered for years how to make money here.

thats without outlaying so many millions you are bound to loose

Many different lines of work (Education, business, hospitality, and many different types of engineering) pay decent salaries for qualified and seasoned foreign staff. The cost of living is cheap comparatively with western nations and as such the opportunity to actually save some of the money and also have a bloody good lifestyle here is there for the taking. Not quite sure how you are bound to lose millions here as a given. Incidentally, millions of what exactly?

I agree that the govt here is protectionist to an anal degree, but it is what it is sadly. Only someone with a frighteningly low IQ would try to carve out some action in the drug trade before thinking better of it and jetting off home with their freedom and sanity intact.

Back on topic, the drug game is basically a giant pitfall. You have seriously powerful local players running the show with all manner of agnecies keeping it running smoothly for them, you have multi national cartels running gear through Thailand to other nations (Nigerians for one, they mught seem quite harmless but they are ruthless and highly organized). Stepping on the toes of people like these is lunacy, end of story

Longest sentence ever served by a foreigner in Thailand is 17 years in prison. They hand out 50 yr sentences like candy, then after 4-6 years they magically get paroled and deported. That part never makes the headlines. They mess with their heads over the sentence, but only serve 10 percent. Once he gets inside, his mind will be at ease as he repeatedly sees people with 15 yr sentences getting whisked away after 2 years.

Longest sentence ever served by a foreigner in Thailand is 17 years in prison. They hand out 50 yr sentences like candy, then after 4-6 years they magically get paroled and deported. That part never makes the headlines. They mess with their heads over the sentence, but only serve 10 percent. Once he gets inside, his mind will be at ease as he repeatedly sees people with 15 yr sentences getting whisked away after 2 years.

Hope you're right fella. He deserves punishment but 50 years is ridiculous.

As he is only 23 he could do a few years, get out, go home and hope he has learned a lesson and gets on with his life.

Stupid guy for doing such a thing in a country like Thailand, but I do wish him fair justice and a second chance not a life rotting in a Thai prison.

...........<deleted> you.........

...they bust Thais with truckloads of drugs....do they even get any jail time....???

......'sting operation'......sounds like a 'setup'......

....they sell illegal workers in this country and get a slap on the wrist if that......

....double standard....perverted justice.....

...even the quacks that inject butts with cement get less time.....

....there should be an international outcry.....

...where did he find the drug....grow it himself......???

....b.s....

True.......but the Thai authorities are stubborn concerning the laws relevant to the use of recreational drugs and it will not change soon.

Besides, most often the police officers see this as an opportunity to make some money ...directly or indirectly.

Cheers

Mind numbing stupidity. It is not hugely difficult for foreigners to make decent money here legally.

Trying to set up a drug network here is lunacy. Connections are everything and if you're a nobody and you have no serious connections who've got your back its only a matter of time til you end up like this chap here. While i don't agree with drug laws in priciple i have zero sympathy for this man

dont disagree with the bulk of your post, but how do you make money here legally?

In theory, you are not supposed to perform duties a Thai can do.

You cannot lift a finger, not even work on house, farm; without work permit.

I think they have covered pretty much everything except teaching English.

I have wondered for years how to make money here.

thats without outlaying so many millions you are bound to loose

what a perfect example of leftist type of thinking!!

unbelievable audacity...

Thai state exists to make it easy for THAIS to make money. Also Thai government as a mercy let foreigners do some money if they follow the rules, and as long as it benefits Thai citizen.

if you can't follow the rules and make money - it's your problem. go back to your home country and make money there. Thailand does not owe you anything

@GAZZPA

Here ya go Mr Lazy. Can't find anything? Who are you working for? Lol. Here are just 3 vids(of 100's if not 1000's) on the advantages of medical marijuana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSfVuWbiIvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjsPBfgZ2gY

No use arguing with people who see alcohol as a medicine, lol.....I'm not doing your research for ya. Look it up yourself. If you don't find anything perhaps you should try using a proxy or VPN. Many of these stories are censored these days by Big Pharma/Government, but to be honest you are one of those people who wont even believe the truth if it was staring you right in the face..so whatever. I'm not wasting my time on you. Cheerio

I doubt you will 'discuss' much at all.

And i think the topic of medicinal THC is a constructive topic, it is just not what the thread was about.

thumbsup.gif

More than you so far, lol..... all you did was state what was known already. At least I added something to the discussion.

Cheers

@GAZZPA

Here ya go Mr Lazy. Can't find anything? Who are you working for? Lol. Here are just 3 vids(of 100's if not 1000's) on the advantages of medical marijuana.

No use arguing with people who see alcohol as a medicine, lol.....I'm not doing your research for ya. Look it up yourself. If you don't find anything perhaps you should try using a proxy or VPN. Many of these stories are censored these days by Big Pharma/Government, but to be honest you are one of those people who wont even believe the truth if it was staring you right in the face..so whatever. I'm not wasting my time on you. Cheerio

don't forget to wear your tin hat! without it even smoking weed will be not enough for you to understand the whole idea of the conspiracy against you!

lol

If a judge condemned this man to half a century for trying to sell a plant that is legal and whose effects are not proven to be harmful long term, then the judge too would deserve to go inside with him on principle alone.

Also doesn't say much for the justice system when the soonest he can expect a trial date is 2017. Especially now that he is claiming to have been set up. Certainly wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened here.

If he is guilty, give him a rough punishment. But 50 years would be completely abhorrent.

I completely disagree with you that there are no long term side effects of using Marijuana, in fact in the most comprehensive 20 year study widely recognised and published says other wise, see link below. It is shown that it can effect, memory, IQ, learning abilities (bad for teenage use), lung cancer, gateway drug and even psychosis. I have met heavy users in my life and even whilst not smoking I have seen a significant effect on how "dopey" they appear and how they seem switched off.

In my view the populist policies of legalising the drug in certain US states will be something they deeply regret in years to come, by which time it will be too late. What kind of country are they leaving for their kids,,,?

Anway, just my opinion but now good to see some evidence to back up what was blindingly obvious to me.

But whatever your opinion you may have about the drug it is illegal and this guy has broken the law. I think 50 years in jail is ridiculous, its hardly a punishment that fits the crime but he does deserve punishment for sure.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/10/07/what-20-years-of-research-has-taught-us-about-the-chronic-effects-of-marijuana/

And what should I do then, cheer for the drug war in which prohibition actively lines the pockets of criminal gangs, crooked cops and morally bankrupt politicians the world over. I'd dare say that the numbers of those killed by cartels to protect the massive profits to be made would probably rival those who have died as a direct result of drug overdose.

The country they'll be leaving to their kids is one that is progressive and not pandering to policy that is more than 40 years old, and something that has been an abject failure since its inception.

I have friends that have dabbled in all sorts, and they have good jobs, businesses, and stable families down to the last person. I've also experimented in the past with numerous things and I know what the effects are. Now i live here I would NEVER contemplate doing anything because the risks and benefits are simply not compatible.

Again, on topic, he broke the law, was stupid, but does not deserve decades inside. I think a very harsh fine and deportation / banning order would suffice. I don't see the logic in jailing non violent offenders.

@GAZZPA

don't forget to wear your tin hat! without it even smoking weed will be not enough for you to understand the whole idea of the conspiracy against you!

lol

Glad you noticed I was joking. I don't smoke.....go back a few posts thumbsup.gif

And i think the topic of medicinal THC is a constructive topic, it is just not what the thread was about.

thumbsup.gif

More than you so far, lol..... all you did was state what was known already. At least I added something to the discussion.

Cheers

Dave.

I love your enthusiasm but what you have done is hijack the thread for you issue re THC and med purposes. It was about an incarcerated Irishman who you seem to think does not matter by eclipsing his problem for you topic.

Thread title was.

"23 year old Irishman arrested in Chiang Mai for selling marijuana to police"

Dave says it should read

"23 year old Irishman arrested in Chiang Mai for selling marijuana to police to promote medical therapies"

Go forth DAve. Conquer the issue. I said a while back that there was merit to THC and med issues but you are like a Christian proselytizer in the middle east with nothing more than a M16. You are gunna get shot.

In any event , there is a still a sad sack in a jail atm because of actions discussed at the beginning of the thread, but i am glad you feel better.

If a judge condemned this man to half a century for trying to sell a plant that is legal and whose effects are not proven to be harmful long term, then the judge too would deserve to go inside with him on principle alone.

Also doesn't say much for the justice system when the soonest he can expect a trial date is 2017. Especially now that he is claiming to have been set up. Certainly wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened here.

If he is guilty, give him a rough punishment. But 50 years would be completely abhorrent.

Is the statement 'trial date is 2017' from your experience, or did you read that somewhere? Curious to read up about this as much as possible, if only for the fact that he's Irish and I was also 23 when I went on my first travels to SE Asia (although my motive was to jump off waterfalls, not sell weed)

It's from the article, it says, and i quote "It's likely that he will not appear before the Thai courts until 2017"

And to be fair I don't think any sane, rational person would choose to be a small time drug dealer in a south east asian country. It's good that you want to read up on this chap, it would be interesting to see what his story is.

Just the prices being given in the article are nowhere near realistic. Even swazi gold wouldn't be priced as high as that when sold in a single weight.

The guy deserves punishment if he is guilty, but certainly doesn't deserve multiple decades in hellish prison conditions either. The punishment very rarely seems to fit the crime here, and its always those defenceless souls at the bottom of the criminal pile who cop the harshest sentences

He should have killed the cops and gotten a lighter sentence, maybe out in only five years like the doctor who chopped his wife up.

Is the statement 'trial date is 2017' from your experience, or did you read that somewhere? Curious to read up about this as much as possible, if only for the fact that he's Irish and I was also 23 when I went on my first travels to SE Asia (although my motive was to jump off waterfalls, not sell weed)

"...jump off waterfalls..." Obviously you were buying and not selling!

Settle down folks - just joking gigglem.gif

thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Dave.

I love your enthusiasm but what you have done is hijack the thread for you issue re THC and med purposes. It was about an incarcerated Irishman who you seem to think does not matter by eclipsing his problem for you topic.

Thread title was.

"23 year old Irishman arrested in Chiang Mai for selling marijuana to police"

Dave says it should read

"23 year old Irishman arrested in Chiang Mai for selling marijuana to police to promote medical therapies"

Go forth DAve. Conquer the issue. I said a while back that there was merit to THC and med issues but you are like a Christian proselytizer in the middle east with nothing more than a M16. You are gunna get shot.

In any event , there is a still a sad sack in a jail atm because of actions discussed at the beginning of the thread, but i am glad you feel better.

Hijack? Lol. I like that comparison. I don't see it like that though. All I am doing is trying to convince the anti-weed crowd that marijuana is not a drug. It's all in Paddy's defense, trust me thumbsup.gif

modern way of production does not need too many people, so in order to pacify "useless" people marijuana was legalized

marijuana junky does not need a good job. he does not want to fight for a better life or a better female. he does not need to prove anything to anybody as soon as he gets his welfare to buy weed

an ideal elector for US left-liberal establishment...

PS the main reason for making weed illegal in US was not health concerns, but the need of cheap labor for the industry.

a man, smoking tobacco, works hard, the one smoking weed tends to live a life of a vegetable.

DaveinAsia

Here!

All the facts about a DRUG which is illegal to possess/sell in SEA and many other parts of the world

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

The idiot who got caught only has himself to blame for his situation

Those attempting to make excuses for this person would be better advised to bang their heads on the wall.

DaveinAsia

Here!

All the facts about a DRUG which is illegal to possess/sell in SEA and many other parts of the world

A dot.gov website has obvious bias, it benefits governments to not allow people a cheap, plant alternative to pharmaceuticals and alcohol, that they can grow in their back garden.

This is another good docu on the subject.

DaveinAsia

Here!

A dot.gov website has obvious bias, it benefits governments to not allow people a cheap, plant alternative to pharmaceuticals and alcohol, that they can grow in their back garden.

That does NOT make the Stuff any less illegal in SEA .

Get used to it

Irish trash , if he want to sell drugs do it in Ireland. At least he will get a decent meal in prison there. Now his life will be like hell for a long time.

Says the English trash

Wrong, I'm the Norwegian trash.

All I have to say is this guy has to be the dumbest human on earth or the reporting is incorrect.. As stated by many others the price seems way over the top and who in their right mind sells weed online let alone kilos of weed online in Thailand??... huh.png

Archived