Video of how to save the 50 Baht and not have to queue for a taxi

sammym

So freaking sad.

So after 19 hour flight, you would want to have more headache to save $1.50 just to see if you could save $1.50

I guess different people have different priorities.

I've said twice in this thread and atleast once in the video that it's not about the money. I could have gone and waited in a line with my bag on, then had someone fill in a form for me and then hand the form to someone else who then walked me to a car... I chose instead to stand on an escalator (could use lift) and walk 20m to talk for around 30 seconds to be on my way.

The video was aimed at people who wanted an easier way to get a cab from the airport. It's not for everyone. But respectfully - Thailand is probably the number one gap year destination on the planet. Travelling on the cheap is important for a lot of people who come here. If I'd have payed that 500 he asked originally that equates to 5 street food meals to a student.

Anyway - please don't look at my other videos of how to get the electricity to run without the card or you will think I'm really really sad :) have a good day mate.

Op

You are the kind of person I avoid in life

For the sake of 50bt you beat the guy down to get one over on him then you stay in a crap hole hotel!!!

Grow up pal. Im English & you're an embarrassment.

Disgusting in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So freaking sad.

So after 19 hour flight, you would want to have more headache to save $1.50 just to see if you could save $1.50

I've said twice in this thread and atleast once in the video that it's not about the money. I could have gone and waited in a line with my bag on, then had someone fill in a form for me and then hand the form to someone else who then walked me to a car... I chose instead to stand on an escalator (could use lift) and walk 20m to talk for around 30 seconds to be on my way.

The video was aimed at people who wanted an easier way to get a cab from the airport. It's not for everyone. But respectfully - Thailand is probably the number one gap year destination on the planet. Travelling on the cheap is important for a lot of people who come here. If I'd have payed that 500 he asked originally that equates to 5 street food meals to a student.

Anyway - please don't look at my other videos of how to get the electricity to run without the card or you will think I'm really really sad smile.png have a good day mate.

Op

You are the kind of person I avoid in life

For the sake of 50bt you beat the guy down to get one over on him then you stay in a crap hole hotel!!!

Grow up pal. Im English & you're an embarrassment.

Disgusting in my opinion

Good - you sound like a bellend.

I'm not the one posting videos of myself & gf trying to save 50bt!!

Think about what you've done to make yourself look like an idiot!!

Stay off the drugs & grow up

No you are the person who is spending there time and energy posting about how much is upsets you...

Anyway I'm in the canyon at Pai chilling waiting for sunset. You stay being you and I'll be be. I'm sure I know which of us will be happier!

It's doesn't upset me!!

I'm in my 5 bed 5 bath pool villa in Krabi set on 1400sqm of private land. Worth approx 15 million by. I've got a 3 bed house in Berkshire UK, 2 X 1 Bed flats in Berkshire UK all rented. I've got a house in Udon in 1/2 rai land & another piece of land 1 rai sitting there. All paid up.

Believe me, you don't upset me!

It's doesn't upset me!!

I'm in my 5 bed 5 bath pool villa in Krabi set on 1400sqm of private land. Worth approx 15 million by. I've got a 3 bed house in Berkshire UK, 2 X 1 Bed flats in Berkshire UK all rented. I've got a house in Udon in 1/2 rai land & another piece of land 1 rai sitting there. All paid up.

Congratulations. All that and you can still find the time and energy to get emotional about a video on YouTube rather than enjoy life. Sad sad person.

Rather than petty point scoring pm me and I'll send you a Thai phone number. We could even meet up in person when I pass through krabi... Or maybe you are just an Internet hero with a salaried wife :)

Talk about a poster child for all the reasons the Thai taxi system is all screwed up. Bleep the system, Im going to do what I want all to save a buck 59. All I can think to say is "white trash." You defend this buffoonery and talk trash when everyone here calls you out for such a stupid deed? TIT

You talk of pathetic arguments and then you go and contradict yourself... A moment it's air con and now it's not. How much I tip is immaterial... I could say 10k or 1 baht... But it wouldn't change the point about the original video... Which is where to get picked up if you want to avoid the fee and the queue.

Now going back to silly arguments... How long is the video, I don't know around 5 minutes. How many times does that go into thirty? If maths isn't your strong point you could square the number of minutes and be below your stupid 30 minute haggling figure.

Anyway - having a beer now. Have a nice evening, as I will smile.png

Yes my bad. I assumed you could afford air con room but after watching your video , turns out you can not even afford that but a fan room yet still need to cheat to run electricity for 24 hours, your words not mine.

You do not tip, it's just a fact .

Enjoy your beer, 7-11 selling alcohol times just started,make sure to stand by the door so you can get air con breeze when doors open.

Keep an eye out, they might sell discounted cans if someone drops it.

May be idea for new video, drop and damage cans to save further 2-5 baht. wink.png

How can you know what I can or cannot afford? If I'm comfortable and happy in a fan room why should I get an air con room because you perceive it to be better? Are you judging me because of your perception of my wealth (or lack of it), or because I "cheated" some electricity.

You need to look up the definition of a fact. If I tip or not is none of your business. However if you are confident in your assertion I'd give up running a hotel in a third world country and take up buying lottery tickets.

I do enjoy a beer from 7-11 though. I'm not a big drinker, but when I'm chilling on a balcony having a beer is nice. Does your beer taste better/worst depending on where it is purchased from? I'm not sure I'd want to purchase a broken bottle. But I'll bear it in mind.

Have you always been so sad and bitter? You are in an amazing country with loads to see. But you chose to come on the internet and be negative. Try being happy and seeing the good in things. It will make you a better person.

P.S. Where is your hotel? I'm travelling around I'd be happy to meet you and have a beer. In person I'm sure you are a nice bloke and we could get along. I'd even buy it!

Yes, in your video you clearly love fan room, hence the sweat, giggle.gif

While your offer is tempting, unfortunately my hotel might be little out of reach for you, i do not have fan rooms and prefer to avoid cheap charlies like you.

Stick to fan rooms and 7-11 for beer drinking, i am not a 7-11 kind of guy, and prices in the bars might be too expansive for you, unless you plan to smuggle few in from 7-11thumbsup.gif

40 posts on this queue jumping troll saving 50 Baht.

999th thread about taxi queue jumping in Suv.

Big success, thumps up thumbsup.gif

Babbling in English to the taxi driver about his long Bangkok travel experience.

He must have been impressed cheesy.gif

Actually it would be a lot cheaper and probably faster for you to take the train to central BKK, then jump into a meter taxi to your destination.

I always take the train or bus.

There are things that are better explained in a video, because they involve tricky concepts that are not easily expressed in words.

And then there are simple ideas that can be summed up in a sentence, but people still make videos 'explaining' them, because they feel a desperate need for attention.

I leave it up to the reader to decide which category this fits into.

i am only the one person who comment on the video 5555+

you want meter go down and pay 50 B suvarnabhumi charge, if you go up dont say anything and accept no meter ; you say on your video 50b is 1 meal in thailand , if you think like that don't travel really ,

last year ago i arrived from pattaya at the departure level and ask taxi to go lat phrao and everyone say 350 400b no meter , ok mai pen lai i go take the train

you want unlimited electric ? try hotel more expensive :) 500 1000b and you will see,

i dont understand people really , come here for what for live more poor than our country ? now i live in thailand but before when i come i work so hard for have a good hotel , good meal , not thinking if i spend 50b in the taxi meter , today i will not eat on the street

please peopleeee

i am only the one person who comment on the video 5555+

you want meter go down and pay 50 B suvarnabhumi charge, if you go up dont say anything and accept no meter ; you say on your video 50b is 1 meal in thailand , if you think like that don't travel really ,

last year ago i arrived from pattaya at the departure level and ask taxi to go lat phrao and everyone say 350 400b no meter , ok mai pen lai i go take the train

you want unlimited electric ? try hotel more expensive :) 500 1000b and you will see,

i dont understand people really , come here for what for live more poor than our country ? now i live in thailand but before when i come i work so hard for have a good hotel , good meal , not thinking if i spend 50b in the taxi meter , today i will not eat on the street

please peopleeee

A bloke like you is missing his balls.... The point is the extort money and are not moral... Maybe you like being bent over but if I happy I tip. If they want extort I explode and feel the need to leave before I really explode

Dirty can driver

So freaking sad.

I have done that too, and not because of the THB 50 saving! Often when I arrive at Suvarnabhumi from abroad, I arrive with far too much luggage for the domestic flight onward. I am not willing to pay THB 80 per kilo excess luggage (I generally arrive with 47kg of luggage) and post around 25kg at the post office on the 4th Floor to my house. And while I am on the 4th Floor, I might as well take a taxi there, instead of going all the way downstairs again.

But one has to be alert, some taxi drivers then try 'flat fees' etc, one has to demand that the meter is used. Never had any major problems and yes, it is often quicker that way than waiting downstairs for often a rather long time until one is at the front of the taxi queue. I am not too patient after a very long flight!

I cry foul! post-4641-1156694606.gif Like Balo pointed out, you take the train into town then catch taxi. If going to Pattaya, take the bus. Both much cheaper and safer, and train faster into Bangkok besides. As charter member of SCCC (Smart Cheap Charlie Club) I approve this message.

The new system means there's little point in trying to use a shortcut. Last time I came back in recently it was pretty busy and there was the longest queue I think I've seen, and I still only waited about five minutes.

Some people just get off on 'beating the system', I think. Always seems to be men for some reason.

You talk of pathetic arguments and then you go and contradict yourself... A moment it's air con and now it's not. How much I tip is immaterial... I could say 10k or 1 baht... But it wouldn't change the point about the original video... Which is where to get picked up if you want to avoid the fee and the queue.

Now going back to silly arguments... How long is the video, I don't know around 5 minutes. How many times does that go into thirty? If maths isn't your strong point you could square the number of minutes and be below your stupid 30 minute haggling figure.

Anyway - having a beer now. Have a nice evening, as I will smile.png

Yes my bad. I assumed you could afford air con room but after watching your video , turns out you can not even afford that but a fan room yet still need to cheat to run electricity for 24 hours, your words not mine.

You do not tip, it's just a fact .

Enjoy your beer, 7-11 selling alcohol times just started,make sure to stand by the door so you can get air con breeze when doors open.

Keep an eye out, they might sell discounted cans if someone drops it.

May be idea for new video, drop and damage cans to save further 2-5 baht. wink.png

How can you know what I can or cannot afford? If I'm comfortable and happy in a fan room why should I get an air con room because you perceive it to be better? Are you judging me because of your perception of my wealth (or lack of it), or because I "cheated" some electricity.

You need to look up the definition of a fact. If I tip or not is none of your business. However if you are confident in your assertion I'd give up running a hotel in a third world country and take up buying lottery tickets.

I do enjoy a beer from 7-11 though. I'm not a big drinker, but when I'm chilling on a balcony having a beer is nice. Does your beer taste better/worst depending on where it is purchased from? I'm not sure I'd want to purchase a broken bottle. But I'll bear it in mind.

Have you always been so sad and bitter? You are in an amazing country with loads to see. But you chose to come on the internet and be negative. Try being happy and seeing the good in things. It will make you a better person.

P.S. Where is your hotel? I'm travelling around I'd be happy to meet you and have a beer. In person I'm sure you are a nice bloke and we could get along. I'd even buy it!

Yes, in your video you clearly love fan room, hence the sweat, giggle.gif

While your offer is tempting, unfortunately my hotel might be little out of reach for you, i do not have fan rooms and prefer to avoid cheap charlies like you.

Stick to fan rooms and 7-11 for beer drinking, i am not a 7-11 kind of guy, and prices in the bars might be too expansive for you, unless you plan to smuggle few in from 7-11thumbsup.gif

It's doesn't upset me!!

Congratulations. All that and you can still find the time and energy to get emotional about a video on YouTube rather than enjoy life. Sad sad person.

Rather than petty point scoring pm me and I'll send you a Thai phone number. We could even meet up in person when I pass through krabi... Or maybe you are just an Internet hero with a salaried wife smile.png

The next time you decide to post a "tip" video, of similar content, it might get a better reception in either the "Youth Travel" or maybe the "Schnorrers in Thailand" forum.

Last time I tried to catch a taxi at the official rank it took more than 30 mins so he does have a point that it might save time. I also used to go up the fourth floor for this reason but I'm not jumping turnstiles so this is not an option for me anymore.

But why are you arguing over 50 Baht? How about just not giving the guy his tip, so that he gets 50 Baht instead of his tip? Or are you not going to tip at all? It's silly making everyone feel bad for the sake of 50 Baht.

The whole conversation between you and the driver makes me feel really embarrassed for you. And why do you talk to him like a small child?

You probably have realised (too late now) that this is the wrong place to post a fun article.TV belongs solely to old miserable judgemental priks,who wouldn't know what fun was if it bit them in the ar-e.

They think everyone lives off a big fat pension and for that their stupidity is laughable.

I enjoyed your post.

I have caught a taxi like this upon arrival for years, even before the barriers were set up. Can't see why anyone would consider you a cheap Charlie! You avoid all the scammers, queues, paperwork and fees and depart immediately. Why anyone would be criticised for showing some initiative is beyond my comprehension.

It's doesn't upset me!!

Rather than petty point scoring pm me and I'll send you a Thai phone number. We could even meet up in person when I pass through krabi... Or maybe you are just an Internet hero with a salaried wife smile.png

The next time you decide to post a "tip" video, of similar content, it might get a better reception in either the "Youth Travel" or maybe the "Schnorrers in Thailand" forum.

Needs to be posted on the lonely plant forum, for those who think Thailand is still a back packer paradise of undiscovered gems.

Archived