The Country Place Exotic Farm

johng

Here is a FREE ( as in no entry fee ) place to take younger kids and/or selfie loving wife/girlfriends, lots of photo opportunities.

( best to go late afternoon though during the day its very hot )

There is a restaurant ( didn't try the food ) petting zoo with rabbits, goats,sheep,deer a couple of horses and some birds

some of those clever 2D paintings that look 3D

( small charge for ) Ferris wheel, mini railway, bouncy castle.

Right at the bottom is another small zoo that charges admission 100 baht for adults 50 baht for kids

They are struggling to attract many visitors which is a shame because someone spent a lot of money on the place

but at the same time its nice that its not overrun by Chinese tour groups like the Floating Market is.

Driving past its very easy to miss as the frontage onto Sukumvit road is very narrow but the property extends back from the road quite a way.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Country+Place/@12.8005392,100.9119249,16z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x0000000000000000:0xf24572b653027422!2sCountry+Place!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xf24572b653027422

post-2109-0-89924700-1445832516_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-06215600-1445832556_thumb.jp

post-2109-0-90639400-1445832597_thumb.jp

It may be a place to take the kids, but these are not good neighbours. We have a house in the small village behind the "farm", and the area now stinks. Recently we have had floods of water, from the rains. The water flows from Sukhumvit Road, through the farm, and into our village. There was a wall/fence that prevented the water from running into our village, but the farm broke it down so that the water escaped from their property. They refuse to do anything to assist us. There was no water problem before the farm cleared the land of trees in order to open their "attraction". I have to be honest, I hope they close.

Very sorry to hear you have problems with your neighbor's Tony.

I have a feeling that the actual land owners are in the "so much money they don't know what to do with it" category and the people suffering are those who rent the various attractions.......

Anyway could be worse than smell and occasional flood if someone gets the bright idea to open an all night open air karaoke..they always draw lots of business. :-(

Oh, we have the karaoke already. I'm pretty sure that you are right, and the land owners are in it purely for the rental income from the small businesses. I have no idea if you need permits, etc to open a "zoo", especially next to a residential village, several restaurants, and a resort, but I would have thought so ? But maybe not in Thailand ? The village was a nice quiet spot when we bought there. I would sell ( if I could) but the price of the land is going up steadily in the area, even if house prices are pretty flat. Hopefully Country Place will be gone by the time I want to sell.

Archived